Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to open file ending with @. Post 302377120 by bhavesh.sapra on Thursday 3rd of December 2009 07:25:45 AM
Old 12-03-2009
How to open file ending with @.

Hi i want to know the content of files that ends with @ in /bin directory like ls@ etc.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File- Ending

Hi folks! I'm new in this forum and in the UNIX-world too!! I've got a real problem: I have to read out datas like name and e-mail-adress from a Windows- Server from the active directory and put this information into a file. This file should be moved (or copied) on a Unix- Server... But I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: spikylina
3 Replies

2. Solaris

removing particular lines ending with a .cnt extension in a text file

I have a text file with rows of information (it is basically a ls command information(o/p from ls command)) I need to remove the lines ending with a .cnt extension and keep the lines ending with .zip extension, how to accomplish this. I also only need the date,size and name of the file from every... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting lines ending with . from a file

HI I'm looking to delete lines ending with .tk from below data file --------- abc.tk mgm.tk dtk mgmstk ------ I have written below code ---- sed '/.tk *$/d' dat_file.txt > temp.txt ---- But its deleting all the lines ending with tk. I need to delete only the lines ending .tk my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar_v4
5 Replies

4. Red Hat

cannot set user id: Resource temporarily unavailable (not open file/open process related)

First post, sorry to be a bother but this one has been dogging me. I have a process user (java application server) that trips a resource limit every couple weeks and need help finding what limit we're hitting. First, this is what's running: This is the error when jobs are run or the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katahdin
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed in script creates output file ending with '?' (^M)

Hi, I'm trying to use sed within a shell script (bash, running ubuntu). The command works fine from the command line, but when I use it within the script, rather than creating a file with the name I've specified, it creates one that ends with a question mark '?' when you use ls, e.g.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jennykay
3 Replies

6. SCO

File name ending with @

Hi Current SCO Unix 5.05 I see that there are filenames with @ at the end of file name for example in the /usr/lib there is file lpadmin@ what does the @ represent when it is at the end of the file name Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: atish0
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding File Names Ending In 3 Random Numerical Characters

Hi, I have a series of files (upwards of 500) the filename format is as follows CC10-1234P1999.WGS84.p190 each of this files is in a directory named for the file but excluding the extension. Now the last three numeric characters, in this case 999, can be anything from 001 to 999, I need to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: roche.j.mike
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove certain lines from file based on start of line except beginning and ending

Hi, I have multiple large files which consist of the below format: I am trying to write an awk or sed script to remove all occurrences of the 00 record except the first and remove all of the 80 records except the last one. Any help would be greatly appreciated. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nwalsh88
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove '.' from file for numbers ending in '.'

Hi, I have numerous files which have data in the following format A|B|123.|Mr.|45.66|33|zz L|16.|33.45|AC.|45. I want to remove decimal point only if it is last character in a number. O/p should be A|B|123|Mr.|45.66|33|zz L|16|33.45|AC.|45 I tried this sed -e 's/.|/|/g' Problem... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wahi80
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is the meaning of file name ending with .$$?

Hello Sirs, I'm trying to understand what does it mean when a file name ends with ".$$" Like in the below snippet. if ; then cat /tmp/input0.$$ >> $filename Please help me understand it. Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rookee
4 Replies
XCODE-SELECT(1) 					    BSD General Commands Manual 					   XCODE-SELECT(1)

NAME
xcode-select - Manages the active developer directory for Xcode and BSD tools. SYNOPSIS
xcode-select [-h|--help] [-s|--switch <path>] [-p|--print-path] [-v|--version] DESCRIPTION
xcode-select controls the location of the developer directory used by xcrun(1), xcodebuild(1), cc(1), and other Xcode and BSD development tools. This also controls the locations that are searched for by man(1) for developer tool manpages. This allows you to easily switch between different versions of the Xcode tools and can be used to update the path to the Xcode if it is moved after installation. Usage When multiple Xcode applications are installed on a system (e.g. /Applications/Xcode.app, containing the latest Xcode, and /Applica- tions/Xcode-beta.app containing a beta) use xcode-select --switch path/to/Xcode.app to specify the Xcode that you wish to use for command line developer tools. After setting a developer directory, all of the xcode-select provided developer tool shims (see FILES) will automatically invoke the ver- sion of the tool inside the selected developer directory. Your own scripts, makefiles, and other tools can also use xcrun(1) to easily lookup tools inside the active developer directory, making it easy to switch them between different versions of the Xcode tools and allow- ing them to function properly on systems where the Xcode application has been installed to a non-default location. OPTIONS
-h, --help Prints the usage message. -s <path>, --switch <path> Sets the active developer directory to the given path, for example /Applications/Xcode-beta.app. This command must be run with supe- ruser permissions (see sudo(8)), and will affect all users on the system. To set the path without superuser permissions or only for the current shell session, use the DEVELOPER_DIR environment variable instead (see ENVIRONMENT). -p, --print-path Prints the path to the currently selected developer directory. This is useful for inspection, but scripts and other tools should use xcrun(1) to locate tool inside the active developer directory. -r, --reset Unsets any user-specified developer directory, so that the developer directory will be found via the default search mechanism. This command must be run with superuser permissions (see sudo(8)), and will affect all users on the system. -v, --version Prints xcode-select version information. --install Opens a user interface dialog to request automatic installation of the command line developer tools. ENVIRONMENT
DEVELOPER_DIR Overrides the active developer directory. When DEVELOPER_DIR is set, its value will be used instead of the system-wide active developer directory. Note that for historical reason, the developer directory is considered to be the Developer content directory inside the Xcode applica- tion (for example /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer). You can set the environment variable to either the actual Developer con- tents directory, or the Xcode application directory -- the xcode-select provided shims will automatically convert the environment vari- able into the full Developer content path. EXAMPLES
xcode-select --switch /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer Select /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer as the active developer directory. xcode-select --switch /Applications/Xcode.app As above, selects /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer as the active developer directory. The Developer content directory is auto- matically inferred by xcode-select. /usr/bin/xcodebuild Runs xcodebuild out of the active developer directory. /usr/bin/xcrun --find xcodebuild Use xcrun to locate xcodebuild inside the active developer directory. env DEVELOPER_DIR="/Applications/Xcode-beta.app" /usr/bin/xcodebuild Execute xcodebuild using an alternate developer directory. FILES
/usr/bin/xcrun Used to find or run arbitrary commands from the active developer directory. See xcrun(1) for more information. /usr/bin/actool /usr/bin/agvtool /usr/bin/desdp /usr/bin/genstrings /usr/bin/ibtool /usr/bin/ictool /usr/bin/instruments /usr/bin/iprofiler /usr/bin/opendiff /usr/bin/sdef /usr/bin/sdp /usr/bin/stapler /usr/bin/xcodebuild /usr/bin/xed Runs the matching Xcode tool from with the active developer directory. /usr/bin/BuildStrings /usr/bin/CpMac /usr/bin/DeRez /usr/bin/GetFileInfo /usr/bin/MergePef /usr/bin/MvMac /usr/bin/ResMerger /usr/bin/RezDet /usr/bin/RezWack /usr/bin/Rez /usr/bin/SetFile /usr/bin/SplitForks /usr/bin/UnRezWack /usr/bin/ar /usr/bin/as /usr/bin/asa /usr/bin/bison /usr/bin/c89 /usr/bin/c99 /usr/bin/clang++ /usr/bin/clang /usr/bin/cmpdylib /usr/bin/codesign_allocate /usr/bin/cpp /usr/bin/ctags /usr/bin/ctf_insert /usr/bin/dsymutil /usr/bin/dwarfdump /usr/bin/flex++ /usr/bin/flex /usr/bin/g++ /usr/bin/gatherheaderdoc /usr/bin/gcc /usr/bin/gcov /usr/bin/git-cvsserver /usr/bin/git-receive-pack /usr/bin/git-shell /usr/bin/git-upload-archive /usr/bin/git-upload-pack /usr/bin/git /usr/bin/gm4 /usr/bin/gnumake /usr/bin/gperf /usr/bin/hdxml2manxml /usr/bin/headerdoc2html /usr/bin/indent /usr/bin/install_name_tool /usr/bin/ld /usr/bin/lex /usr/bin/libtool /usr/bin/lipo /usr/bin/lldb /usr/bin/lorder /usr/bin/m4 /usr/bin/make /usr/bin/mig /usr/bin/mkdep /usr/bin/nasm /usr/bin/ndisasm /usr/bin/nm /usr/bin/nmedit /usr/bin/objdump /usr/bin/otool /usr/bin/pagestuff /usr/bin/ranlib /usr/bin/rebase /usr/bin/redo_prebinding /usr/bin/resolveLinks /usr/bin/rpcgen /usr/bin/segedit /usr/bin/size /usr/bin/strings /usr/bin/strip /usr/bin/svn /usr/bin/svnadmin /usr/bin/svndumpfilter /usr/bin/svnlook /usr/bin/svnserve /usr/bin/svnsync /usr/bin/svnversion /usr/bin/swift /usr/bin/swiftc /usr/bin/unifdef /usr/bin/unifdefall /usr/bin/xml2man /usr/bin/yacc Runs the matching BSD tool from with the active developer directory. SEE ALSO
xcrun(1), xcodebuild(1) HISTORY
The xcode-select command first appeared in Xcode 3.0. Mac OS X March 08, 2016 XCODE-SELECT(1)