Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux How to install linux in a system without cdrom, usb boot, floppy, other OS? Post 302376922 by Corona688 on Wednesday 2nd of December 2009 04:18:24 PM
Old 12-02-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by seshumohan
but it is useful info right. i learned so much from this question....?
in INDIA people throuh this type of computers..........
I'm confused. Are you volunteering this information or asking for it? Your own thread would be a better place for your own question than hijacking someone else's unrelated thread.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Floppy , CDrom

We use #eject cdrom to eject the cdrom . Is there a way to "close" it after using that command ? is there a command to eject floppy ? Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hitlermom
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

red hat linux installation boot floppy disk

Hi, My dear friends, I am trying to install red hat linux. I have downloaded its disc1. On the instructions page, the next stage is to make the boot disk, so that I can boot from the floppy. However, I am unable to locate the boot image iso file. I tried on google, but I got a few files which... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxpenguin
3 Replies

3. Solaris

"boot cdrom - install" is not possible

Hi all, I've this problem: I want to install Solaris 10 on Sun Enterprise 450 but when I type "boot cdrom - install" command from OK PROMPT I read this message. "Can't open input device". I attempt to change "cdrom" with its "alias", after to have typing "devalias" command, but nothing! ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sunb3
6 Replies

4. Linux

How to Install Linux os from USB pen drive

can any body tell simple steps to install linux from pen drive (4gb) fat32 ( with out dvd rom ) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seshumohan
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to install a new system from a usb key

Hi everybody, I have several computers that are configured to install when I plug them on the network. The hard drive come's empty, but I think they have a parameter in the BIOS that allow the machines to install from the network. My problem is that in most cases, available bw is weak and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Boot cdrom - install

Hi community, Does anyone can tell me the difference between "boot cdrom" and "boot cdrom - install" ? Thank you very much:D (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sunb3
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

install redhat linux 5 into usb disk

Hi, I have 2 question. 1)how can I install the redhat linux 5 into USB disk and boot from USB disk forever. 2) how can I backup an existing redhat linux from hd to USB by disk image and make the USB bootable afterward , so I can use usb disk to boot the linux in another machine .... Please... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuikingman
0 Replies
pthread_detach(3C)														pthread_detach(3C)

NAME
pthread_detach - detach a thread SYNOPSIS
cc -mt [ flag... ] file... -lpthread [ library... ] #include <pthread.h> int pthread_detach(pthread_t thread); The pthread_detach() function is used to indicate to the implementation that storage for the thread thread can be reclaimed when that thread terminates. In other words, pthread_detach() dynamically resets the detachstate attribute of the thread to PTHREAD_CRE- ATE_DETACHED. After a successful call to this function, it would not be necessary to reclaim the thread using pthread_join(). See pthread_join(3C). If thread has not terminated, pthread_detach() will not cause it to terminate. The effect of multiple pthread_detach() calls on the same target thread is unspecified. If successful, pthread_detach() returns 0. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error. The pthread_detach() function will fail if: EINVAL The implementation has detected that the value specified by thread does not refer to a joinable thread. ESRCH No thread could be found corresponding to that specified by the given thread ID. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pthread_create(3C), pthread_join(3C), attributes(5), standards(5) 23 Mar 2005 pthread_detach(3C)