Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Unix and Linux Product Reviews Post 302376771 by sparcguy on Wednesday 2nd of December 2009 08:56:42 AM
Old 12-02-2009
This is quite an old site(since 1992)

at one time I remember there many many products like 3rd party servers, storage boxes all kinds of stuff to run on solaris server now there are only a few.

SPARC Product Directory (since 1992) - the SPARC market bible

Maybe a better idea will be to review the latest consumer gadgets, fun things like cameras, cellphones, or even motherboards, graphic cards etc ...

a few sites come to mind.

http://reviews.cnet.com/
http://hardwarezone.com

Last edited by sparcguy; 12-02-2009 at 10:02 AM..

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX and Linux Applications

Print Spooler product on UNIX?

HI all, I was looking for Print Spooler products for Unix. Basically our requirement is to be able to send jobs to the spool "holded", change printing properties, view a list of jobs to be printed (based on some criteria), send a job to be printed (release) and view the contents of a specific... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bananero
1 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Member Reviews of the Movie: Avatar

Please comment and vote only if you saw the movie. What did you think? (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
13 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Member Reviews of the Movie: Sherlock Holmes

In our last review post, members reviewed Avatar. Now, let's discuss Sherlock Holmes. (3 Replies)
3 Replies

4. Hardware

Looking for plotter MFP reviews - need new plotter for UNIX/Windows apps

We currently have an HP DesignJet 750C+ plotter (for color plotting) and a Xerox 8825 (for B/W plotting and also scanning/copying) for our engineering drawings. They are getting old and will need replacing soon (maintenance visits are on the increase, and parts for the Xerox are getting hard to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: markolinux
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Which Product to Choose?

Okay, I have an Asus A8NSLI board with an Athlon 64 and I dunno, maybe 8gig Ram and Windows has crashed for the last time so I've finally had enough and I'll make it a Unix machine. I have a new 1Tera drive and I'm all set to go. Which brand of Unix/Linux can you advise me to go for? The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abrogard
3 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Amazon Censorship on Book Reviews

Dystopia.? Censorship? Bad AI? My audiobook review of Russian Roulette on Audible (an Amazon company) was the top rated "Most Helpful" review. The "Most Helpful" review rating was 65 of 76 as of yesterday, ranking it at the top of the reviews for this audiobook. Then today, Audible (an... (1 Reply)
1 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)