Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl search
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl search Post 302376692 by radoulov on Wednesday 2nd of December 2009 04:50:51 AM
Old 12-02-2009
Please post an example of the desired output.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Search for string on line then search and replace text

Hi All, I have a file that I need to be able to find a pattern match on a line, search that line for a text pattern, and replace that text. An example of 4 lines in my file is: 1. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData ReplaceMe moreData 2. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData moreData... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crypto
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Search and print help

Hi all, I need a bit of help with a perl script, I have a file containing lines that look like: M1 (Agnd Agnd ibias_gnP Agnd) nch l=250.0n w=10u m=1 ad=2.5e-12 \ as=2.5e-12 pd=20.5u ps=20.5u nrd=0.025 nrs=0.025 sa=2.5e-07 \ sb=2.5e-07 M21 (Agnd VSSabc Agnd Agnd) nch... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crypto
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl to Search through next lines

I have log file that I need to extract time difference occurance when two events happend, between first occurance of TV and when W_NO happend. also read the value=, below example...I can only read the next line but not able to seach all the next lines untill i see W_NO.. Thanks for your help.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bataf
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl pattern search

can someone help me out with the bolded? else if (regmatch($Subject, "^Application") && (regmatch($From, "^etgh") && (regmatch($Body, ".*not authorized to use this server.*")))) what this section of the code is suppose to do is to scan through the contents of $Body, if do a set of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and Replace in Perl

I am trying to write a simple perl script to run on a FreeBSD machine. There are alot of posts here, and I have read so many, yet can not get this script to run. #!/usr/bin/perl -e 's/\r\n/~/' infile.txt outfile.txt I am trying to take a windows text file, move it into Unix, run a script on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mach1
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl search and replace - search in first line and replance in 2nd line

Dear All, i want to search particular string and want to replance next line value. following is the test file. search string is tmp,??? ,10:1 "???" may contain any 3 character it should remain the same and next line replace with ,10:50 tmp,123 --- if match tmp,??? then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindng
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

File search in perl

Hi Gurus, Lately I have started to learn perl and need your kind support on the below query I want to search a file with name like ff_GRD_abcd_251.dat Now I will take input from user only the number i.e. 251 and the script will show o/p as the file name In the directory there are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - use search keywords from array and search a file and print 3rd field when matched

Hi , I have been trying to write a perl script to do this job. But i am not able to achieve the desired result. Below is my code. my $current_value=12345; my @users=("bob","ben","tom","harry"); open DBLIST,"<","/var/tmp/DBinfo"; my @input = <DBLIST>; foreach (@users) { my... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - start search by using search button or by pressing the enter key

#Build label and text box $main->Label( -text => "Input string below:" )->pack(); $main->Entry( -textvariable => \$text456 )->pack(); $main->Button( -text => "Search", -command => sub { errchk ($text456) ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and replace (perl)

How can I achieve this? Perl would be awesome. Input string a_b c //Note there is a blank here Needed Output a_b_c Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragonpoint
4 Replies
post(3FORM)															       post(3FORM)

NAME
post - write or erase forms from associated subwindows SYNOPSIS
#include <form.h> int post_form(FORM *form); int unpost_form(FORM *form); DESCRIPTION
The function post_form displays a form to its associated subwindow. To trigger physical display of the subwindow, use refresh or some equivalent curses routine (the implicit doupdate triggered by an curses input request will do). The function unpost_form erases form from its associated subwindow. RETURN VALUE
These routines return one of the following: E_OK The routine succeeded. E_BAD_ARGUMENT Routine detected an incorrect or out-of-range argument. E_BAD_STATE Routine was called from an initialization or termination function. E_NOT_POSTED The form has not been posted. E_NOT_CONNECTED No items are connected to the form. E_NO_ROOM Form is too large for its window. E_POSTED The form has already been posted. E_SYSTEM_ERROR System error occurred (see errno). SEE ALSO
ncurses(3NCURSES), form(3FORM). NOTES
The header file <form.h> automatically includes the header file <curses.h>. PORTABILITY
These routines emulate the System V forms library. They were not supported on Version 7 or BSD versions. AUTHORS
Juergen Pfeifer. Manual pages and adaptation for new curses by Eric S. Raymond. post(3FORM)