Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Problem with executing command inside a cron job Post 302376631 by pkm_oec on Wednesday 2nd of December 2009 01:32:07 AM
Old 12-02-2009
Problem with executing command inside a cron job

Hi All,

I have scheduled a script in cron which writes output to the below file.
....>> /data/Target/wrapper_invoke_ds_job_`date '+%Y%m%d'`.ksh_out 2>&1

But the date command is not getting resolved in the format specified. It just resolves to the following.

wrapper_invoke_MQ_ds_job_Tue Dec 1 23:47:00 EST 2009

The above file is geting resolved properly when echoed from command line.

Kindly help me to overcome the issue.

Thanks,
Pradeep

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in executing a comand liying inside a variable

Hi everyone! I need some help with my shell script :( I am sending a shell command from a html text input to a cgi. Then, I store it into a variable. For example var="ps -axu" echo `$var` This functions properly. But consider the following... var="ps -axu | grep root" Now, I want... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nene
2 Replies

2. Solaris

cron job problem

I am trying to setup cronjob and once I start to save it is not working. This is what I am getting after I executed crontab -e, I am not even getting the privious entry and I am running from root. crontab -e 421 10 3 * * * /usr/sbin/logadm ? :wq ? Why is it not saving? Any input is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mokkan
4 Replies

3. Solaris

problem with cron job

new to unix here, im learning how to schedule jobs with crontab. The following cron job runs under root but not under a test account i created. 50 11 * * 0 /usr/bin/banner "HELLO" > /dev/console i have no idea with it isn't running under the test account but runs right on time when i create... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: solne
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with Cron job

Hi , I have a TCL script which i am supposed to run as a cron job.. The script works fine from command line , but when run as a cron job , its unable to find a package,, my crontab is as follows. --------------------------- #!/usr/bin/ksh * * * * * PATH=/cm8/auto/Automation/Library/TclLib ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sudharshana
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with sar command in cron job

HI, I have a problem with 'sar' command. I am using the sar comman in script.when i execute the script manually using ./filenae, i am getting the desired output. But when i put the script in cron job i am not getting the desired value. Below is the script.. sar > $_LOCATION/sar.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahamed
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with executing a shell script through the cron

Hi, I have a shell script as below: ORACLE_HOME=/usr/local/opt/oracle/product/dev export ORACLE_HOME PATH=$PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/bin:/usr/bin export PATH OUTFILE=/export/home/`basename $0`.out export OUTFILE export IDEN df -k . | tail -1 | read a b c d e f echo $a >> $OUTFILE echo $b... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhinav Pandey
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job not executing

I need to add 10 records to database from a file /tmp/authlist.log(contains insert into table sql commands) When i execute the following script manually its executing and working fine. the same is not getting executed when i try to execute using crontab vi /tmp/test1.sh #!/bin/sh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalyankalyan
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron job problem

I have a perl script which Im planning to run every minute. I have set the cron job as * * * * * PATH= /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/lib; perl /dm2/www/html/isos/pre5.3/autoDownload.pl I assume the script is executing every minute only because I see a entry like below when I do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srijith
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Executing python scripts via cron job

Hi, I'm executing a python script via cron job. The way it is set up is, I'm editing a file called local00 22 * * * root su - -c "/opt/setup_dir/bin/run_bkp -p" When this job executes, the command-specific logfile and the syslog (where the logs are supposed to go) show half of the logs(no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashwini.engr07
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron Job - date command problem

Hi I have one problem with cron job in Control Panel. I have a log file that is created once a day on another server and I need to transfer it in an exact time to my server so I wrote the cron job for it BUT the problem is in the date command: /filelog-`date +%Y-%m-%d`.tar.gz; The file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobo_balde
1 Replies
uudemon(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							uudemon(4)

NAME
uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour, uudemon.poll - Administrative shell scripts for polling remote systems, cleaning up spool directories, reporting status to the system administrator, and routine invocations of the uuxqt and uusched daemons SYNOPSIS
These shell scripts reside in the following directory: /usr/lib/uucp DESCRIPTION
All the scripts can be run from the command line or can be run automatically by the cron daemon. To automatically run the scripts, remove the comment character (#) from the beginning of the relevant line in the /var/spool/cron/crontabs/uucp file. This script reports status to the system administrator. It issues the uustat command to find out the status of uucp jobs. It mails the results to the uucp login ID. The script may be modified to send mail to any login ID such as the uucp administrative login ID (uucpa) or root. This script cleans up the /var/spool/uucp and /var/spool/uucppublic directories by running the uucleanup command. The uucleanup com- mand is run with the following parameters: -C7, -D7, X2, -o2, -W1. This script runs the uusched and uuxqt daemons in the background. This script polls the systems listed in the /usr/lib/uucp/Poll file. The uudemon.poll script should be scheduled before the uudemon.hour script. This allows uudemon.poll to create any command files before cron runs the uudemon.hour script. FILES
Contains the uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour and uudemon.poll files. Contains the uucp file. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: cron(8), uucleanup(8), uusched(8), uuxqt(1) Files: /usr/lib/uucp delim off uudemon(4)