Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: grep in Solaris
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers grep in Solaris Post 302376445 by njafri on Tuesday 1st of December 2009 11:16:44 AM
Old 12-01-2009
Both of them doesnt work Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problems with grep on solaris 5.8

Hi all, I have a problem when i grep for a particular field among all fhe files in the directory. if i do an ls -l field * i can find it. however at the moment the number of files in the directory are close to 28000 and it returns an ksh: /usr/bin/grep: arg list too long Assuming i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manualvin
2 Replies

2. Solaris

grep -e doesn't work on solaris

grep -e doesn't work in Soalris. Same script with grep -e worked on AIX/HP/LINUX.. I would like to search a list of patterns on "log.txt" like ... grep -e FATAL -e ERROR log.txt I get the error message as grep: illegal option -- e Usage: grep -hblcnsviw pattern file . . . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmkraja
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to grep word + next line in solaris 10?

Hi my unix friends, How do I grep a word and next line with solaris 10. tnx Mehrdad ---------- Post updated at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:09 PM ---------- I found this one: cat <file_name> | awk '/<seek_word>/ {print;getline;print}' (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehrdad68
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on Grep in solaris

Hi all, I had a script which is running in HP Unix machine. Now we are migrating to Solaris i need to run the same script which is giving me errors . grep -iqf $PATTERN output.log grep -vif $PATTERN2 output2.log when i execute these in Solaris its giving me unknown option -q -f could... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: firestar
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep -o does not work in Solaris

I am using the code below to grep through a list of files (TEMPFILE) and look for rsync, rdist, rsh, ftp, etc. in each file. Do a count of each, and output that to a logfile. This works great in Linux, but not at all in Solaris because the EGREP -o option does not exist. Anyone have an idea... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitrobass24
5 Replies

6. Solaris

grep options in solaris

Hi, I am interested in knowing the grep optiojs availabel in solaris box, to get the grep results in one line from the log files. only the matched values need to be displayed. I need ot find the values in a message where the search values will be in separate lines of the input. like:... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudha143
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep issue (Solaris)

Can anyone explain this (i.e. why the 2nd grep does not find anything)?: -bash-3.00$ cat tmp.log sftp> chdir /home/test-dir sftp> mget thosefiles*.txt File "/home/test-dir/thosefiles*.txt" not found. -bash-3.00$ grep "s*.txt" tmp.log sftp> mget thosefiles*.txt File... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhebden
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep to display file name along with content in Solaris

Am using the following grep to match a particular patter in grep. grep xyz abc.txt now while i run this command, if the pattern matched, am getting the line containing xyz Output: xyz is doing some work Now if i want the file name also along with my output, what should i do Expected... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rituparna_gupta
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Need grep package with -A option for Solaris 10

Hi Guys, I need grep package with -A option for Solaris 10, Where can I download this from, Please advise. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep works on Linux but fails on Solaris

Hi, On linux i have the below command working fine. grep -o '<name>.*</name>' deploy.tmp | sed 's/\(<name>\|<\/name>\)//g' deploy.tmp But the same is failing on Solaris uname -a SunOS mymac 5.10 Generic_150400-23 sun4v sparc sun4v Can you tell me how can i get it work on Solaris ?... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
6 Replies
XtAppAddWorkProc()														XtAppAddWorkProc()

XtAppAddWorkProc - register a procedure to be called when the event loop is idle.

Synopsis
  XtWorkProcId XtAppAddWorkProc(app_context, proc, client_data)
	 XtAppContext app_context;
	 XtWorkProc proc;
	 XtPointer client_data;

Inputs
  app_context
	    Specifies the application context.

proc	    Specifies the procedure that is to be called when the application is idle.

client_data
	    Specifies data to be passed to proc when it is called.

Returns
  A handle of type XtWorkProcId that can be passed to XtRemoveWorkProc() to unregister the work procedure.

Description
  XtAddWorkProc()  registers  the  procedure proc and the data client_data to be called by XtAppNextEvent() or XtAppProcessEvent() when there
  are no pending input events and it would otherwise block.  Multiple work procedures can be registered, and the most recently added  one  is
  always  the  one  that  is called.  However, if a work procedure itself adds another work procedure, the newly added one has lower priority
  than the current one.

A work procedure returns a Boolean.  If it returns True, it will automatically be unregistered and will not be called again.	If it returns
  False it will be called the next time the application is idle.  See XtWorkProc(2) for more information.

Usage
  XtAppAddWorkProc() implements a limited form of background processing.  Most applications spend most of their time waiting for input; to do
  useful work during this idle time, you can register a work procedure that will run when the application is idle.

A work procedure must return quickly or the application will not be able to promptly respond to user events.	If a large task needs  to  be
  done	in  the background, the work procedure should periodically save its state and return False.  Work procedures should not be used to do
  frivolous work in the background.  In a multi-tasking system, an idle application should generally actually be idle, and not steal CPU time
  from other processes.

A work procedure can be explicitly removed by calling XtRemoveWorkProc() with the XtWorkProcId returned by this function.

Structures
  The XtWorkProcId type is defined as follows:

typedef unsigned long XtWorkProcId;

See Also
  XtAppNextEvent(1), XtAppProcessEvent(1), XtRemoveWorkProc(1),
  XtWorkProc(2).

Xt - Event Handling														XtAppAddWorkProc()