Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Sun Fire V490 occasionally downs Post 302376272 by incredible on Tuesday 1st of December 2009 04:59:27 AM
Old 12-01-2009
few things to check. OBP, kernel patch. If there's no cluster issue afterall, it could be a motherboard problem. also analyse the messages file.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sun Fire 280R

Hello all, I'm lost and can't figure this problem out. I have a Sun fire 280R running Solaris 8. Everything was working great. I have one drive in bay 1(not 0). But when I reboot the system it trys to open files in /dev/rdsk/c1t1d0s0. Should it have been opeing /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s0, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: larryase
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Sol 10 on SUN V490: Setting LOCALE

Hi all, We've upgraded/migrated our production server from Sol 9 on a Sun V480 to Sol 10 on a V490 server. How do I set/change the following values on Solaris 10: Solaris 9: $> locale LANG= LC_CTYPE=en_US.ISO8859-1 LC_NUMERIC=en_US.ISO8859-1 LC_TIME=en_US.ISO8859-1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dewets
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun Fire 280R Sun Solaris CRT/Monitor requirements

I am new to Sun. I brought Sun Fire 280R to practice UNIX. What are the requirements for the monitor/CRT? Will it burn out old non-Sun CRTs? Does it need LCD monitor? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bramptonmt
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun Server T2000 occasionally reboot

Hi, i am really 'fresh' to Solaris or any UNIX OS. My role as web developer but i need slightly involve to Solaris support. It is harder for me to understand it and i recently encounter a problems. /var file system (/dev/md/rdsk/d425) is being checked. run fsck -F ufs /dev/md/rdsk/d425 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: webster5u
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disable Serials ports in Sun Fire v490

Hello people from Argentina i said you Hello. I am doing some works from an auditory. They want to disable login prompts on serial ports. Somebody knows how to do that? Thank your time. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: enkei17
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Sun-Fire-V490 Printer Issue After Upgrade of Solaris

Hey Guys I am new here, dont know if any one can assist me with this issue. I have a Sun-Fire-V490 machine that was upgraded to version 9 and patched a few months back. Problem is a few network printers managed by the server is printing an extra page that comes out before and after every print... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mprogams
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Reset password RSC SUN V490

Dear all Can you help me to reset RSC from Sun V490 Inside this machine the Operating System is broken.. please help guys thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gema.utama
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Help with Solaris 8 10/00 Installation on Sun Fire V490 Server

cat note Hi Sun Solaris Experts, When I try to install Solaris 8 10/00 OS via the Solaris 8 Installation Disk on our Sun Fire V490 Server using the command , I get: boot: cannot open kernel/sparcv9/unix which means it can't find the unix kernel file on the installation disk . By the way, I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssabet
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 1/13 & Sun Fire V490 Server

Hi Solaris/Unix Experts, I've installed Oracle Solaris 10 1/13 on a Sun Fire V490 Server via its external Serial Port using a Cisco Console Cable connected to my Laptop PC running SecureCRT terminal emulation software emulating VT100 Terminal. The Sun Fire V490 server has two on-board... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ssabet
1 Replies
clu_is_member(3)					     Library Functions Manual						  clu_is_member(3)

NAME
clu_is_member, clu_is_ready - Determine whether the local system is currently a cluster member or has been configured to be a cluster mem- ber LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc.so, libc.a) SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/clu.h> boolean_t clu_is_member (); boolean_t clu_is_ready (); DESCRIPTION
The clu_is_member function determines whether the local system is currently a cluster member (that is, the TruCluster Server software has been installed and configured, the system has booted a clusterized kernel, and the connection manager has allowed the system to join the cluster membership). The clu_is_ready function determines whether the local system has been configured to run in a cluster (that is, the TruCluster Server soft- ware has been installed and configured, and the system has booted a clusterized kernel). The clu_is_ready function is most useful to code that runs in the boot path before the connection manager establishes the cluster membership. RETURN VALUES
Upon completion, the clu_is_member function returns TRUE if the local system is currently a cluster member, FALSE otherwise. Upon completion, the clu_is_ready function returns TRUE if the local system has booted from a clusterized kernel, FALSE otherwise. RELATED INFORMATION
Functions: versw(3), clu_get_info(3) Commands: versw(8) delim off clu_is_member(3)