Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Child Process Name
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Child Process Name Post 302376048 by vbe on Monday 30th of November 2009 12:17:06 PM
Old 11-30-2009
????
Code:
uv04:/home/vbe $ echo $$
uv04:/home/vbe $ sh         # is child PPID:2334736
uv04:/home/vbe $ echo $$
uv04:/home/vbe $ ps -ef|grep 2334736
     vbe 2334736 1163282   0   Nov 18  pts/0  0:00 -ksh 
     vbe 2392180 2334736   0 18:13:28  pts/0  0:00 sh 
uv04:/home/vbe $

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

KDM child process

Hello all, I got this little problem. I don't know what happen, but its not stopping work but is more of an FYI. I have this funny process running when I do ps -aef (on RedHat AS3 ) server I get this funny child process. root 2345 1 .... /usr/bin/kdm -nodaemon root... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: larryase
6 Replies

2. Programming

creating child process

i want to create 3 child processes from the same parent using folk. I know how to use folk but my child processes did not come from the same parent. Any suggestion what i did wrong ? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Confuse
12 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

about child process

hello every one, i want to know more about creation of child process. UNDER WHAT CIRCUMSTANCES child process is created? WHAT ARE THE PREREQUISITES for a child process to be created? let us say we have a prog.c, prog.obj(compiled.c),.a\.out files. is any child PROCESS CREATED... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: compbug
12 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

doubt in child process

fork() system is used to create a child a process.lets consider fork() echo krace will print krace twice .if i give it in loop it will print krace 2 power n time..in this case all child and parent process executes same process ...but i want to create a four different child process to execute four... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kracekumar
4 Replies

5. Programming

Why does my child process not exit?

Im sure it has something to do with the wait() call, but everything ive tried either leaves me with a zombie or with the exec executing indefinitely. switch(pid = fork()) { case -1:perror("fork failed"); exit(1); case 0: if(key == "cd") { execl("/bin/cd", "cd",... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: p00ndawg
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make the parent process to wait for the child process

Hi All, I have two ksh script. 1st script calls the 2nd script and the second script calls an 'C' program. I want 1st script to wait until the 'C' program completes. I cant able to get the process id for the 'C' program (child process) to make the 1st script to wait for the second... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sennidurai
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[KSH/Bash] Starting a parent process from a child process?

Hey all, I need to launch a script from within 2 other scripts that can run independently of the two parent scripts... Im having a hard time doing this, if anyone knows how please let me know. More detail. ScriptA (bash), ScriptB (ksh), ScriptC (bash) ScriptA, launches ScriptB ScirptB,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: trey85stang
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to get child process for a process

!/bin/sh pid=$(ps -Aj | grep MSTRSvr | grep -v grep | awk '{print $1}') sid=$(ps -Aj | grep MSTRSvr | grep -v grep | awk '{print $3}') ps -s "$sid" I am not able to get the desired output it says process list error if i use watch ps -s "$sid" it considers only the first session id (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: schippada
5 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

signal between parent process and child process

Hello, everyone. Here's a program: pid_t pid = fork(); if (0 == pid) // child process { execvp ...; } I send a signal (such as SIGINT) to the parent process, the child process receive the signal as well as the parent process. However I don't want to child process to receive the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackliang
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

forking a child process and kill its parent to show that child process has init() as its parent

Hi everyone i am very new to linux , working on bash shell. I am trying to solve the given problem 1. Create a process and then create children using fork 2. Check the Status of the application for successful running. 3. Kill all the process(threads) except parent and first child... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vizz_k
2 Replies
BOOM(1) 						     CAO-VLSI Reference Manual							   BOOM(1)

NAME
BOOM - BOOlean Minimization ORIGIN
This software belongs to the ALLIANCE CAD SYSTEM developed by the ASIM team at LIP6 laboratory of Universite Pierre et Marie CURIE, in Paris, France. Web : http://asim.lip6.fr/recherche/alliance/ E-mail : alliance-users@asim.lip6.fr SYNOPSIS
boom [-VTOAP] [-l num] [-d num] [-i num] [-a num] [-sjbgpwtmorn] filename [outname] DESCRIPTION
BOOM is used for the first step of the synthesis process. It optimizes a behavioural description using a Reduced Ordered Binary Decision Diagram representation of logic functions. The file filename is the input behavioural description and must be written in vbe(5) format. The resulting behavioural optimized description is saved with the name outname or input_name_o in vbe(5) format. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
MBK_WORK_LIB(1) indicates the path to the read/write directory for the session. OPTIONS
-V Verbose mode on. Each step of the optimization is displayed on the standard output. -T Trace mode on. Some debug informations are displayed on the standard output. -O Reverses initial Bdd variables order. -A BOOM performs a local optimization and keeps the architecture of the initial description by saving most of the intermediate sig- nals. This mode is well-suited for big or regular circuits such as multipliers, adders. By default BOOM performs a global opti- mization and removes most of the intermediate signals so that the outputs are expressed in terms of the inputs or the internal registers. This mode is well-suited for random circuits such as FSMs. -P Uses a parameter file input_name.boom describing optimization directives and constraints. (see below for the exact syntax) # Example of .boom file # # The list of auxiliary signals that have to be kept # during optimization. # Generally carry signals, ram address signals etc ... # BEGIN_KEEP carry[3:0] ram_address[3:0] END # # The list of auxiliary signals which assigned # expression won't be modified. # Generally it's ram output signals. # BEGIN_DONT_TOUCH ram_out[7:0] END -l num Specifies the optimization level [0-3] (default is 0, low level). -d num Specifies the delay optimization percent (default is 0% delay, 100% surface). -i num Specifies the number of iterations for the choosen optimization algorithm (for experts only). -a num Specifies the amplitude during bdd reordering (for experts only). -sjbgpwtmorn Specifies which algorithm has to be used for the boolean optimization. SEE ALSO
boom(5), vbe(5), asimut(1), boog(1), MBK_WORK_LIB(1). BUG REPORT
This tool is under development at the ASIM department of the LIP6 laboratory. We need your feedback to improve documentation and tools. ASIM
/LIP6 August 25, 2000 BOOM(1)