Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development MySQL DevZone RSS Does MySQL supports Synchronous Replication. Post 302375870 by amit_27 on Monday 30th of November 2009 02:17:35 AM
Old 11-30-2009
Hi Neo,

Does "Switching Masters During Failover" supports for prior to version 4.1?

I found this point in 5.0 onward manual and not in "MySQL 3.23/4.0/4.1" manual.

Can you please tell me it is supported in prior to 4.1 versions?

Regards,
Amit

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Processor and memory supports

HI i'am Giancarlo D. Jabon student from AMA Computer University is anyone among all of you who knows the maximum processor and memory supports in Sun Solaris 10 Thanks !!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giancarlodjabon
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

capturing synchronous signals

hi, i created 2 threads in which one thread is dedicated to capture signals and handle them. i used the following functions: sigfillset for filling the signal set to be blocked by other threads sigwait for waiting on particular signals pthread_sigmask to mask block the signals. I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyrulz
0 Replies

3. Web Development

MySQL Replication Issues: Duplicate Key Error

Lately my attention has been focused on distributed MySQL database replication to other web servers. All was going well, but then I noticed the replication would stop and there were there "Duplicate Primary Key" errors in SHOW SLAVE STATUS; I started to trace these down and noticed that this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strategical Shell Scripting For MySql Replication

Hi to all guyz , As i'm new to Shell scripting i was been working out to write a shell script for mysql Replication for multiple slave master architecture.i have done the process up with a script of 200 lines but still there are some things which can make my script more effective so i want your... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kgrvamsi
5 Replies

5. Linux

Mysql replication

Need to recover a replication broken error on the mysql slave server. I want to force it to resend the binlog file from the begining. What is the correct value for the: MASTER_LOG_POS ? 0, 1 or 107 ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andriesh
2 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How can I replicate master master and master master MySQL databse replication and HA?

I have an application desigend in PHP and MySQl running on apache web server that I is running on a Amazon EC2 server Centos. I want to implement the master-master and master slave replication and high availability disaster recovery on this application database. For this I have created two... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Palak Sharma
0 Replies
Alzabo::MySQL(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Alzabo::MySQL(3pm)

NAME
Alzabo::MySQL - Alzabo and MySQL DESCRIPTION
This documentation is about what special support Alzabo has for MySQL, as well as what is lacking. MySQL support is based on the 3.23.* release series, with some support for features that are starting to appear in the 4.0.* releases. Earlier versions of MySQL will probably work with Alzabo, though Alzabo cannot magically make these releases support new features like fulltext indexes. Indexes o Alzabo supports the ability to specify prefixes when adding an index. Prefixes are required when attempting to index any sort of text or blob column. o Alzabo supports the creation of fulltext indexes and their use in SELECT and WHERE clauses. This includes the ability to get back the score given for a match as part of a select, using the "function" or "select" methods of either table or schema objects. Reverse Engineering o When reverse engineering a schema, Alzabo knows that MySQL has "default defaults" for certain column types. For example, if a DATE column is specified as NOT NULL but is not assigned a default, MySQL gives this column a default of '0000-00-00'. Because Alzabo knows about this, it will ignore these defaults when reverse engineering an RDBMS. o Similarly, Alzabo knows that MySQL assigns default "lengths" to many column types. For example, if given INTEGER as a column type, MySQL will convert this to INTEGER(11) or INTEGER(10), depending on the version of MySQL being used. Again, Alzabo ignores these lengths when reverse engineering a schema. o All of this may lead to apparent inconsistencies when using the with the "Alzabo::Create::Schema->sync_backend" or "Alzabo::Cre- ate::Schema->sync_backend_sql" methods. If you are using this feature from the web based schema creator, you will see that even imme- diately after running the "sync_backend()" method, Alzabo may still think there are differences between the two schemas. This is not a problem, as running the SQL Alzabo generates will not actually change your database. Transactions Alzabo will try to use transactions whenever appropriate. Unfortunately, there is no way to determine whether or not a given table supports transactions so Alzabo simply calls DBI's "begin_work()" method, whether or not this will actually do anything. Constraints and Foreign Keys o Column constraints are treated as column attributes. o Foreign key constraints are not generated when generating SQL for a MySQL schema. This will probably change in the future. Table Types These can be specified as a table attribute. perl v5.8.8 2007-12-23 Alzabo::MySQL(3pm)