Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Reboot loop
Operating Systems Solaris Reboot loop Post 302375774 by PatrickBaer on Sunday 29th of November 2009 12:28:46 PM
Old 11-29-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlliagre
The first article predates ZFS boot integration in the installer. Current Solaris 10 installation is as straightforward whether ZFS or UFS is used.

---------- Post updated at 10:09 ---------- Previous update was at 09:31 ----------

What Solaris release are you installing ?
Can you post the full kernel panic message ?
Latest Solaris 10, just downloaded five days ago.

No I can't, as there is no Error message. (with ZFS) It's plain:

Message "Sun Solaris 5.10 ...", some messages like "Areca SUNWarcmsr driver loaded", screen goes block, beep, BIOS boot screen.

With UFS, can't remember. Will make another attempt tomorrow.

@solaris_user: If you can tell me how to boot in failsafe and load the Areca-driver?

BTW, why not use the remaining space on those two drives as log-devices? Would it be wise?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

reboot

Hi all, Quick question. Does anyone know what is the compination of buttons that I have to press to stop the start up so I can bring the system in a single user mode? I use HP Vis 9000 Thanks alot (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guest100
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding last Reboot

All, Does anybody know of a Unix command or file name where I can find out when the Unix box was last rebooted? We're using HP-UX 10.2. Thanks, PP (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Positive Parrot
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Reboot after Panic

I've got htis message on our sun U60 machine: "Reboot after panic:errID 0x000004eff........." ,this message have been issued on the /var/adm/messages file & cause system rebooting randomly. Any comment. Thanks, --Nikk (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nikk
1 Replies

4. Solaris

different between soft reboot and hard reboot

Hi Guru's Can any want here could explain to me the different between soft reboot and hard reboot . Best Regards Seelan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seelan3
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

best way to reboot ?

Hi What is the best way to reboot a Linux computer? i) Press the power switch ii) type 'init 6' as any user, then enter the root password when prompted iii) Pour metal filings in the top of the computer. iv) su to root then type 'init 6' (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjay83
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using variables created sequentially in a loop while still inside of the loop [bash]

I'm trying to understand if it's possible to create a set of variables that are numbered based on another variable (using eval) in a loop, and then call on it before the loop ends. As an example I've written a script called question (The fist command is to show what is the contents of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
2 Replies

7. Solaris

X2200 in reboot loop & mounting ZFS drive on other boxes

So I was patching a Solaris 10 U08 X86 X2200 box in preparation for an Oracle upgrade. Rebooted the box because the patches failed and the box will not boot successfully. I need to back up the zones on the 2 drives before going further. I pulled the drives and attempted to mount them on my Ubuntu... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: LittleLebowski
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array Variable being Assigned Values in Loop, But Gone when Loop Completes???

Hello All, Maybe I'm Missing something here but I have NOOO idea what the heck is going on with this....? I have a Variable that contains a PATTERN of what I'm considering "Illegal Characters". So what I'm doing is looping through a string containing some of these "Illegal Characters". Now... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk loop using array:wish to store array values from loop for use outside loop

Here's my code: awk -F '' 'NR==FNR { if (/time/ && $5>10) A=$2" "$3":"$4":"($5-01) else if (/time/ && $5<01) A=$2" "$3":"$4-01":"(59-$5) else if (/time/ && $5<=10) A=$2" "$3":"$4":0"($5-01) else if (/close/) { B=0 n1=n2; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: klane
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsh reboot in a loop?

Hi folks. I'm trying to get the following script working for rebooting a bunch of clients. Up to now I've been using PSSH, but when they all startup again at the same time I get a few mount problems. So, I'm trying to stagger the reboot command. I know reboot will depend on what's running at... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MuntyScrunt
3 Replies
suninstall(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)