Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Discussing Holiday Season Greetings with jlliagre Post 302375735 by Neo on Sunday 29th of November 2009 07:47:19 AM
Old 11-29-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlliagre
I wrongly thought "Bonne Année" and "Happy New Year" were similar enough idioms for triggering my initial comment.
Apparently Google Translate agrees with you that "Bonne Année" and "Happy New Year" are one and the same!

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Happy Thanksgiving Holiday!

Happy Thanksgiving holiday, everyone! Let's leave the computer alone, forget the Unix/Linux for a while, and enjoy your turkey and Foot~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ball~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HOUSCOUS
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

holiday

hey all, I have set up a cron job which would be invoked at 1:00 am everyday. However, there is really no need to invoke such job if it's a public holiday so I am wondering if anyone have any idea on how to approach this? Thanks in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpang_
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Don't want to invoke job on holiday!

Hey all, I have a question about cron job, I want to invoke a program to perform some operations on database, however, this operation should only be invoked working day (weekday + not holiday) . Scheduling a job on weekday is easy but how about holiday? Thanks in advance! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mpang_
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run scripts through AutoSys depending on holiday

Hi all, I am new to autosys. Can anyone help me in writing autosys job for the below script? Requirement is : 1.Every day it should run this script at particular time except on holidays. 2.The day after holiday some other script should be running. Thanks in advance. #!/bin/ksh #set... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghuramyenni
0 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Place Your Bits! - Who Will Win The Voice Season 3

New Event for Fans of The Voice Who Will Win The Voice Season 3 Place Your Bits! Wikipedia Reference Page (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Holiday Thoughts for the End of 2018

Happy Holidays. Here are my randoms thought at the end of 2018 in no particular order. You Are Truly Blessed IT people are lucky. We get to use our brains extensively to solve complex and challenging computer-technology related problems. This is very good for our brains. Programming,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies
gdal2tiles(1)						      General Commands Manual						     gdal2tiles(1)

NAME
gdal2tiles - gdal2tiles.py generates directory with TMS tiles, KMLs and simple web viewers SYNOPSIS
gdal2tiles.py [-title "Title"] [-publishurl http://yourserver/dir/] [-nogooglemaps] [-noopenlayers] [-nokml] [-googlemapskey KEY] [-forcekml] [-v] input_file [output_dir] DESCRIPTION
This utility generates a directory with small tiles and metadata, following OSGeo Tile Map Service Specification. Simple web pages with viewers based on Google Maps and OpenLayers are generated as well - so anybody can comfortably explore your maps on-line and you do not need to install or configure any special software (like mapserver) and the map displays very fast in the webbrowser. You only need to upload generated directory into a web server. GDAL2Tiles creates also necessary metadata for Google Earth (KML SuperOverlay), in case the supplied map uses EPSG:4326 projection. World files and embedded georeference is used during tile generation, but you can publish a picture without proper georeference too. -p PROFILE, --profile=PROFILE: Tile cutting profile (mercator,geodetic,raster) - default 'mercator' (Google Maps compatible). -r RESAMPLING, --resampling=RESAMPLING: Resampling method (average,near,bilinear,cubic,cubicspline,lanczos,antialias) - default 'average'. -s SRS, --s_srs=SRS: The spatial reference system used for the source input data. -z ZOOM, --zoom=ZOOM: Zoom levels to render (format:'2-5' or '10'). -e, --resume: Resume mode. Generate only missing files. -a NODATA, --srcnodata=NODATA: NODATA transparency value to assign to the input data. -v, --verbose Generate verbose output of tile generation. -h, --help Show help message and exit. --version Show program's version number and exit. KML (Google Earth) options: Options for generated Google Earth SuperOverlay metadata -k, --force-kml Generate KML for Google Earth - default for 'geodetic' profile and 'raster' in EPSG:4326. For a dataset with different projection use with caution! -n, --no-kml: Avoid automatic generation of KML files for EPSG:4326. -u URL, --url=URL: URL address where the generated tiles are going to be published. Web viewer options: Options for generated HTML viewers a la Google Maps -w WEBVIEWER, --webviewer=WEBVIEWER: Web viewer to generate (all,google,openlayers,none) - default 'all'. -t TITLE, --title=TITLE: Title of the map. -c COPYRIGHT, --copyright=COPYRIGHT: Copyright for the map. -g GOOGLEKEY, --googlekey=GOOGLEKEY: Google Maps API key from http://code.google.com/apis/maps/signup.html. -y YAHOOKEY, --yahookey=YAHOOKEY: Yahoo Application ID from http://developer.yahoo.com/wsregapp/. NOTE: gdal2tiles.py is a Python script that needs to be run against 'new generation' Python GDAL binding. AUTHORS
Klokan Petr Pridal klokan@klokan.cz as a Google SoC 2007 Project. GDAL
Tue Sep 18 2012 gdal2tiles(1)