Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problems with AWK
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Problems with AWK Post 302375726 by AngelFlesh on Sunday 29th of November 2009 07:06:48 AM
Old 11-29-2009
Computer omg thankyou =}

I can't believe it was that simple. Thankyou
When you've been working on one problem for more that 8 hours you forget the the simple things.

again thankyou. Feel like a dunce now =}

Jade. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with AWK

Hi I'm a newbie to Unix scripting and was having some problems with AWK. I have written this little script that should read a process list and then print out the PID's of the offending processes. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work! The script is as follows: ps -ef | awk '{if... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: trainee
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk problems

If i try the -f option for awk, i get the "awk: can't open " error message The following awk statement works fine without the -f option `awk <$RULES '/^IGNORE_POLICY / { print $2 }'` Below how i turned on debugging to show what is happening, can someone provide me with some advice!!!! ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Junes
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

awk problems

awk ' FILENAME=="First"{ arr = 1; x=sub ; } FILENAME=="Second"{ if (/^10/ &&... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ehab
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

help.. Problems in using awk

I do have a file (named as templist) which looks like this one: 00450000.000000 00402300.000000 00040000.000000 00020000.000000 00020000.000000 00020000.000000 00020000.000000 and I want to make a script that adds this using AWK or FOR. I tried using awk using the command but it just... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dakid
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problems with awk

Using Linux, I am trying to create a list of all the lines that have "Non-white" or "No" in column 3 of a file: ethnicity.txt. I have used the following command : awk '$3 == "No" || $3 == "Non-white" {print $1, $2, $3}' ethnicity.txt This only returns the lines with "No" and none of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: polly_falconer
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problems using awk command.

Hi All, I have the following requirement. In a directory i get files from external source. I at regular intervals check that directory for any incoming files. The file name is underscore delimited. Such as: aaa_bbb_ccc_ddd_eee_fff.dat I am using awk and and splitting the file name. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: satishpv_2002
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple problems in awk

Dear All, I have the following awk script. #!/bin/bash sh stdev.cmd data.file | awk '{print $2}' > out.data read d < out.data echo $d awk '{print $1,$2- $f}' new > newz The script runs "stdev.cmd" and output a file "out.data" and the value of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yacob_123
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk problems - awk ignores conditions

awk 'BEGIN{ if('"$CATE"'<'"${WARN}"') printf ("%s", "'"`Kfunc "" ; break`"'") else if (('"${CATE}"'>='"${WARN}"') && ('"${CATE}"'<'"${CRIT}"')) printf ("%s", "'"`Wfunc ""; break`"'") else if ('"${CATE}"'>='"${CRIT}"') printf... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Having Problems with AWK

So, I'm having a lot of crazy problems with Awk that I cannot understand. This one in particular is driving me nuts. Here is one section of my Awk script: print $0 sub(/Jan/,"",$2) sub(/Feb/,"",$2) sub(/Mar/,"",$2) sub(/Apr/,"",$2) sub("May","",$2) ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrdein
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution Problems with awk

Ubuntu, Bash 4.3.48 Hi, I have this input file: a1:b2:c30:g4:h12:j7 and I want this output file: a1=g4:b2=h12:c30=j7 I can do it this with this code: awk -F':' '{print $1"="$4":"$2"="$5":"$3"="$6"}' INPUT > OUTPUTIn this case I have 6 columns, I calculate manually the half number of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: echo manolis
6 Replies
simple_lock_init(9r)													      simple_lock_init(9r)

NAME
simple_lock_init - General: Initializes a simple lock structure SYNOPSIS
#include <kern/lock.h> void simple_lock_init( simple_lock_t slock_ptr ); ARGUMENTS
Specifies a pointer to a simple lock structure. You can declare this simple lock structure by using the decl_simple_lock_data routine. DESCRIPTION
The simple_lock_init routine initializes the simple lock structure that you previously declared with the decl_simple_lock_data routine. You need to initialize the simple lock structure only once. After you initialize the simple lock structure, you can call simple_lock to assert exclusive access on the associated resource. RETURN VALUES
None FILES
SEE ALSO
Routines: decl_simple_lock_data(9r), simple_lock(9r), simple_lock_terminate(9r), simple_lock_try(9r), simple_unlock(9r) Data Structures: slock(9s) simple_lock_init(9r)