Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Copy a file on remote servers Post 302375546 by sexyTrojan on Saturday 28th of November 2009 08:07:00 AM
Old 11-28-2009
Thanks for your reply, no errors is generated because the error is thrown into dev/null and when I tried inserting pwd within the loop, it's saying that i'm still in my local machine and Yes myDoc is available in those servers

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote file copy

I facing a problem with Unix command "rcp". I unable to perform a rcp between host machines. I have religiously followed the man pages, but still unable to solve the problem. Do i check for anything to perform this command? Pls help....thanks =) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lchunl
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

help me to copy remote file

I want to copy dump generated from oracle database to my local DAT drive. Currently I am copying remote file to local drive thru rcp command and later copy it to local DAT. Pls. help me in this. Thanks Man Mohan email address removed (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: manmohan73
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

restore mysql dump file in many remote servers?

Hi all, I want to restore DB file in many mysql servers, i already using script for sending the dumpfile in all servers, but it's just annoying if i have to restore the dumpfile in all servers, i want just execute 1 script, and will restore in all remote mysql servers. I make script but not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blesets
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy a file on remote server

I have ssh keys setup and running properly between two servers. I have a Korn shell script that is logging into the remote server and needs to backup the authorized_keys and/or authorized_keys2 files. The following syntax works perfectly ------------------------------------- ssh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunsysadm2003
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix shell script which inserts some records into a file located in remote servers...

All, I need to write an unix shell script which inserts some records into a file located in remote servers. * Get the input from the user and insert according the first row. It should be in ascending order. 123451,XA,ABA 123452,XB,ABB 123453,XC,ABC 123455,XE,ABE 123456,XF,ABF 123458,XG,ABG... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: techychap
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

update a common file in different/remote servers

Dear All, I need to update a common file (ie. same path and same filename) but located in different servers. (ie. remotely located ~ able to ssh from my server). Can someone help me how to go ahead with this? (Since I'm manually editing that file in 20 servers :() (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: techychap
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append Text To Remote Servers File Via SSH

Gentleman & Ladies, Please make me feel like and novice and explain why this is not working? I am attempting to ssh to a remote server via ssh and keys. I want to inject a file on the remote server with text. I am not achieving this. I would like to echo/inject the text on the remote... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abacus
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to take input from a text file and perform check on each servers and copy files

HI all, I want to script where all the server names will be in a text file like server1 server2 server3 . and the script should take servernames from a text file and perform copy of files if the files are not present on those servers.after which it should take next servername till the end of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: joseph.dmello
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to overwrite & before that keep copy a file on many servers

I have ssh password less auth enable & script does the job well as well #/bin/bash for i in `cat ip` do scp /etc/resolv.conf root@$ip done But I need to take backup of the file i will overwrite .. is there any simple way ? Kindly respond (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: heman96
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Diff on remote servers file systems

Iam trying to compare two file systems on two hosts basically to check them to be in sync I dont have rsync so trying to use diff Let me know how to do it.... Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: baanprog
3 Replies
pwd(1)							      General Commands Manual							    pwd(1)

NAME
pwd - Displays the pathname of the current working directory SYNOPSIS
pwd STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: pwd: XCU5.0 Refer to the standards(5) reference page for more information about industry standards and associated tags. OPTIONS
None OPERANDS
None DESCRIPTION
The pwd command writes to standard output the full pathname of your current working directory. All directories are separated by a / (slash). The first / represents the root directory and the last directory named is your current working directory. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: Successful completion. An error occurred. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The following environment variables affect the execution of pwd: Provides a default value for the internationalization variables that are unset or null. If LANG is unset or null, the corresponding value from the default locale is used. If any of the internationalization vari- ables contain an invalid setting, the utility behaves as if none of the variables had been defined. If set to a non-empty string value, overrides the values of all the other internationalization variables. Determines the locale for the format and contents of diagnostic mes- sages written to standard error. Determines the location of message catalogues for the processing of LC_MESSAGES. SEE ALSO
Commands: cd(1), csh(1), ksh(1), Bourne shell sh(1b), POSIX shell sh(1p) Functions: stat(2), getcwd(3) Standards: standards(5) pwd(1)