Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX who command option not working Post 302375529 by Scrutinizer on Saturday 28th of November 2009 06:56:35 AM
Old 11-28-2009
Are /etc/utmp* world readable?

If so perhaps
Code:
/sbin/init.d/utmpd stop; /sbin/init.d/utmpd start

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Why does the 'ps' command with -u option not working?

How can I use the 'ps' command to view current sessions but only for a given process/user, with the -u parm? In older versions of Unix, this used to work, but not in Sun Solaris. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ElCaito
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

-d option not working...

:confused: In the following, when I enter a valid, existing directory,why am I getting Not Found when the Dir DOES exist? read auser echo "You entered $auser" wait 2 cd /home if then echo "Dir Exists" sleep 2 else echo "/home/$auser Not Found" sleep... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rgouette
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

For ls command,-r option is not working on OSF1

There r 2 servers. Lets call them S1 and S2.. S1 is OSF1 and S2 is SunOS.. One directory of S2 is mounted on S1. say abc/xyz There is one application which continuously put xml files in that directory (on S2). If we give command “ls -lrt” on S2 it gives proper output.. (i.e. gives list... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asmita
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sub option of awk command not working with "\" character.

Hi all, I would like to replace some string in a text file by some string which would contains special characters like "/","\". I.e. I have a text file with the statement contactperson somewhere in it. Now I want to replace it by something else which includes special characters like "/","\" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shareef
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

daystart option not working in find command

Hi, I am trying to list all the files created / modified today in a directory. With reference to this thread, https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/20324-capture-all-today-files.html I have used the below command to list all the files modified today. find . -daystart -type f... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumarmc
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

~c is not working properly with -r option

Hi There, --------- file1 ------- ~c asd@ac.com -------------- Now i am using below command cat file1|mailx -s " testing" -r " My Name" abc@tech.com (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tapan Sharma
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Egrep not working with -f option

Hi, I am trying to find out patterns in file 1 using patterns stored in file 2. Following is the code FILE1=inputfilename FILE2=blacklist blacklist 1203 97715555 20afEOF egrep -f $FILE2 $FILE1 but the above code is not working either using egrep or grep. Just for your... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: siramitsharma
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

-v and -f option for grep not working

In solaris, i m trying to find the files having a particulat extension and then from the list i want to exclude those files which is present in a file. But it seems the -f and -v option are not working find $source -type f -name $extn | /usr/xpg4/bin/grep -F -v -f $exclude | while read... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
7 Replies

9. AIX

SQLPLUS -S option not working

Hi All, I am using the following script to run some sql on database but i am not getting the result. When i tried the same by removing "-s" option it is working fine but getting other things as well with my input as shown below. Can anyone please suggest why "-s" option is not working in AIX and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Maxdepth option of find command not working

Can you please figure out what is the issue here $ find . -maxdepth 1 -type f -size 0 -print find: bad option -maxdepth please find the OS details $ uname -a HP-UX g5u1216 B.11.31 U ia64 2614088426 unlimited-user license Use code tags, thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomG
6 Replies
PWD(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    PWD(1)

NAME
pwd -- return working directory name SYNOPSIS
pwd [-LP] DESCRIPTION
The pwd utility writes the absolute pathname of the current working directory to the standard output. Some shells may provide a builtin pwd command which is similar or identical to this utility. Consult the builtin(1) manual page. The options are as follows: -L Display the logical current working directory. -P Display the physical current working directory (all symbolic links resolved). If no options are specified, the -P option is assumed. ENVIRONMENT
Environment variables used by pwd: PWD Logical current working directory. DIAGNOSTICS
The pwd utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. STANDARDS
The pwd utility conforms to IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (``POSIX.1''). SEE ALSO
builtin(1), cd(1), csh(1), sh(1), getcwd(3) BUGS
In csh(1) the command dirs is always faster because it is built into that shell. However, it can give a different answer in the rare case that the current directory or a containing directory was moved after the shell descended into it. The -L option does not work unless the PWD environment variable is exported by the shell. BSD
February 4, 2002 BSD