Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Which flavor of unix has more job opportunities? Post 302375397 by zxmaus on Friday 27th of November 2009 02:10:25 PM
Old 11-27-2009
I might be wrong but at least in UK they are all very popular. Seems the demand for Linux is still high - and for a beginner, it might be easier to get into Linux or Open Solaris because it doesn't require dedicated hardware as AIX does ... from a salary perspective, it seems that Solaris and AIX are slightly better payed than Linux

Kind regards
zxmaus

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need a flavor of Unix

Hello all! I'm the new guy in these parts. I'm a part time college student/part time Java Intern. I've seen that during my days at work having a basic knowledge and understanding for Unix is a great benefit for us developers. I've got a dual boot on my main workstation at home of Win2K Pro and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AMDPwred
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Which Flavor to start with????

Hello Everyone! I am a newbie for Unix OS's and have just started learning the basic commands but i am getting a lot confused in flavors of unix. Which one to start with; which one will run stable on my intel box; which one has the best to explore in security/performance/high speed... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mga
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

killing unix job after the job process completes

Hi, Thanks in advance. i need to kill a unix background running job after that job process completes. i can kill a job by giving the following unix command kill -9 processid how to kill the job after the current process run gets completed ? Appreciate your valuable help. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dtazv
1 Replies

4. Solaris

killing a unix job after the job process gets completed

Hi, Thanks in advance. i need to kill a unix background running job after that job process completes. i can kill a job by giving the following unix command kill -9 processid how to kill the job after the current process run gets completed ? Appreciate your valuable help. Thanks... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dtazv
7 Replies

5. Solaris

good OS flavor

which is more in high demand commercial solaris or BSD THANKS (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mxlst14
1 Replies

6. Fedora

Flavor of Unix

I would like to know wich Unix to get and run, because I have access to "ALL" paid and non paid versions What I would like to do is set up Cloud Computing from home so that I may gain experience in this area for my resume. I have read that the best right now is Ubuntu Server v9.10 Can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jmeyer
1 Replies

7. Advertise with Us

HPUX and Sun Solaris Job Opportunities

Hi Guys... Already i am Completed RHCE , then i planned one more certification, So i need ur help that, Which one is better job opportunity "Hp Unix" or "Sun solaris". Thanks Raghu.V (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raghu_linuxsurf
1 Replies

8. Fedora

Which flavor of UNIX or Linux to learn?

Hi all, Noob here. I have been dabbling with Linux for years, basically installing different types of distros and becoming familiar with the default gui that came along with it. At this point, I find myself wanting to learn alot more. It would be great if that knowledge helped me move forward... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Petros_K
2 Replies
GLOBUS-JOB-CANCEL(1)						  GRAM5 Commands					      GLOBUS-JOB-CANCEL(1)

NAME
globus-job-cancel - Cancel a GRAM batch job SYNOPSIS
globus-job-cancel [-f | -force] [-q | -quiet] JOBID globus-job-cancel [-help] [-usage] [-version] [-versions] DESCRIPTION
The globus-job-cancel program cancels the job named by JOBID. Any cached files associated with the job will remain until globus-job-clean is executed for the job. By default, globus-job-cancel prompts the user prior to canceling the job. This behavior can be overridden by specifying the -f or -force command-line options. OPTIONS
The full set of options to globus-job-cancel are: -help, -usage Display a help message to standard error and exit. -version Display the software version of the globus-job-cancel program to standard output. -version Display the software version of the globus-job-cancel program including DiRT information to standard output. -force, -f Do not prompt to confirm job cancel and clean-up. -quiet, -q Do not print diagnostics for succesful cancel. Implies -f ENVIRONMENT
If the following variables affect the execution of globus-job-cancel. X509_USER_PROXY Path to proxy credential. X509_CERT_DIR Path to trusted certificate directory. University of Chicago 03/18/2010 GLOBUS-JOB-CANCEL(1)