Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Interesting question - Search and replace the word after sign "=" Post 302375327 by steadyonabix on Friday 27th of November 2009 08:36:48 AM
Old 11-27-2009
slightly stronger: -
Code:
echo "export NIM_MASTERID=00CDF8C44C00" | sed 's/\(NIM_MASTERID=\).*/\1ABCDF8C44C22/'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace word with using "sed" not work...

Hi, I have a xml text file with the following data, I would like replace F0</Number> to F</Number> only. i used sed to replace, but it not work!! anyone can help? <Number>11 20 03 22 23 21 91 00 F0</Number> <Number>12 20 03 20 99 21 91 20 F0</Number> <Number>10 21 03 21 78 21 92 27... (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
28 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Additional question to "awk to replace particular field"

I guess it was getting a little messy on the other post so here goes: Link to previous post for Question: https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/111338-awk-replace-particular-field.html Continuation of Question hey i was messing around a bit ... made me wonder... If the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: VGR
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: a "replace unless match" question

Context: I am using sed in a cronjob to change the dates in a separate sql script every week. Each week the dates must be updated to reflect the Monday and Friday of the previous week. I have solved the problem but in solving it I discovered a major weakness in my knowledge of sed. Lines to be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bubnoff
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed for "/7.*" search and replace

Hi , I have this file having thousands of records in it . I want to remove every 9 digit number starting with 7 in it . The few lines from the sample file are "/-GEO-Prizm-Dashes-Covers-Caps-Trim/720000100-200742232-600022761.car"... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: capri_drm
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to search a string which is in between "" and replace it with another character

Hi, I am trying to search a string from a text file which is in between "" (Double Quotes) (Eg: "Unix"), and replace it with a | where ever it is appearing in the text file and save the file. Please help me. -kkmdv (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkmdv
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk to Search and Replace inside the pipe "|"

Hi, Anyone can help me on how to replace the qoutes inside the pipe | in my Text File like belows; "AAAA"|"Test "1-A""|"Test AAAA"|"This is A" "BBBB"|"Test "1-B""|"Test BBBB"|"This is B" "CCCC"|"My Test C"|"Test "CCCC""|"This is C" The output I need like belows; "AAAA"|"Test 1-A"|"Test... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: fspalero
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

8. Linux

Linux command to find and replace occurance of more than two equal sign with "==" from XML file.

Please help me, wasted hrs:wall:, to find this soulution:- I need a command that will work on file (xml) and replace multiple occurrence (more than 2 times) Examples 1. '===' 2. '====' 3. '=======' should be replaced by just '==' Note :- single character should be replaced. (=... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedRocks!!
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep with "[" and "]" and "dot" within the search string

Hello. Following recommendations for one of my threads, this is working perfectly : #!/bin/bash CNT=$( grep -c -e "some text 1" -e "some text 2" -e "some text 3" "/tmp/log_file.txt" ) Now I need a grep success for some thing like : #!/bin/bash CNT=$( grep -c -e "some text_1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i replace a word ending with "key" using awk excpet for one word?

echo {mbr_key,grp_key,dep_key,abc,xyz,aaa,ccc} | awk 'gsub(/^|abc,|$/,"") {print}' Required output {grp_key,xyz,aaa,ccc} (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 100bees
5 Replies
RPL(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    RPL(1)

NAME
rpl -- replace strings in files SYNOPSIS
rpl [-LhiwbqvsRepfdt] [-xSUFFIX] <old_string> <new_string> <target_file ...> DESCRIPTION
Basic usage is to specify two strings and one or more filenames or directories on the command line. The first string is the string to replace, and the second string is the replacement string. -h, --help A short help text. -L, --license Show the license and exit. -xSUFFIX Search only files ending with SUFFIX, e.g. ``.txt''. May be specified multiple times. -i, --ignore-case Ignore the case of old_string. -w, --whole-words Make old_string match only on word boundaries. -b, --backup Move the original files to filename~ before replacing them. -q, --quiet Quiet mode. -v, --verbose Verbose mode. -s, --dry-run Simulation mode, no files are changed. -R, --recursive Recurse into subdirectories. -e, --escape Expand escape sequences in old_string and new_string. Examples of escape sequences are ' ' (new-line), ' ' (tab), 'x42' (hexadec- imal number 42), '33' (octal number 033). -p, --prompt Prompt for confirmation before replacing each file. -f, --force Ignore errors when trying to restore permissions and file ownership. -d, --keep-times Keep modification times when replacing files. -t, --use-tmpdir Use a temporary directory for storing temporary files, usually the value of the environment variable TMPDIR. The default is to put temporary files in the same directory as the file being modified. -a, --all Do not ignore files and directories starting with . IMPLEMENTATION NOTES
An effort has been made to make the program behave as much as the original rpl as necessary. Where it has been possible to make improve- ments, improvements have been made. This implementation lacks many of the bugs in the original. EXAMPLES
Replace all occurences of ``F'' (on word boundaries) with ``A'' in all text files under the grades/ directory: $ rpl -Rwd -x'.txt' 'F' 'A' grades/ SEE ALSO
find(1), sed(1). HISTORY
This program was written for Debian as a free replacement for the non-free rpl program by Joe Laffey. AUTHORS
Goran Weinholt <weinholt@debian.org>. Debian July 31, 2005 Debian