Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting AWK Help ME! this easy for who know Post 302375096 by He2 on Thursday 26th of November 2009 12:58:11 PM
Old 11-26-2009
Caro, durden_tyler

The script by developed you worked, only I would also compare the column $ 1 of file1 and column $ 1 of file2, also from the comparison of the column initially tested in file1 with file2.
You could also explain to me the script.

Thank you.

He2

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Easy question about awk gsub

How does one escape the left bracket in awk? For example: | awk 'gsub (" I'm sure it's pretty simple, I'm just a noob. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TheCrunge
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Easy AWK question

Ive got some output in a file that looks exactly like this: 1 ----------- 1542 1 record(s) selected. How do I just extract that 1542 and drop it into another file or (preferrably) a variable (using a ksh script) (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdudejr
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help on installing an EASY to use and easy to install command line text editor

Hi again. Sorry if it seems like I'm spamming the boards a bit, but I figured I might as well ask all the questions I need answers to at once, and hopefully at least get some. I have installed Solaris 10 on a server. The default text editors are there (vi, ex, ed, maybe others, I know emacs is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: EugeneG
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Newbie Help with Grep or Awk .. Easy one ...

I have this output: uniquemember=uid=315kthatch,ou=people,ou=client315,dc=paisleyhosting,dc=com and i want the output to be just this: 315kthatch I need it to be generic tho, because I have hundreds of lines of output, and the preceding numbers are not always 315. So I would need... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kthatch
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fun and easy awk question

I have a file called mytitles.txt containing a list of book titles I have a second file called abfile.txt containing a list of book titles (in the 3rd field) and it has author info and copyright year info as well.. I want to search mytitles.txt for a match in the 3rd field of abfiles.txt, and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Help: quick and easy question may be: How to use &&

Hi Guru's. I am trying to use to check if $5 is greater than 80 & if not 100, then to print $0 : awk '{ if ($5>80) && if ($5 != 100) print $0} But getting error: >bdf1|sed 's/%//g'|awk '{ if ($5>80) && if ($5 != 100) print $0}' syntax error The source line is 1. The error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Couple of easy questions for experts on awk/sed

Hello Experts.. I have 3-4 C codes with Oracle SQL statements embedded. All the SQL statements starts with EXEC SQL keyword and ends with ;. I want to extract all the SQL statements out of these codes. I did awk '/^EXEC SQL/,/\;/' inputFile (I use this on all of the codes individually). That... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: juzz4fun
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk easy question

So, I have the following code: cat testfile.txt | awk -F, '{ print $1" "$2" "$3" "$4" "$5 }' | read DOC ORG NAME echo "$DOC" echo "$ORG" echo "$NAME" My testfile.txt looks something like the following: Document Type,Project Number,Org ID,Invoice Number It will eventually be more... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Parrakarry
14 Replies
MONGO(1)							  Mongo Database							  MONGO(1)

NAME
mongo - the Mongo command-line tool SYNOPSIS
mongo [OPTIONS] [DB_ADDRESS] [FILE+] DESCRIPTION
mongo is a JavaScript shell (with GNU readline capabilities). It supports interactive and non-interactive use. When used interactively, JavaScript can be used to query the database or perform any other function normally available with SpiderMonkey. Database output is dis- played in JSON format. If JavaScript files are specified on the command line, the shell will run non-interactively, running each one in sequence and then exiting. EXAMPLES
mongo start the shell, connecting to the server at localhost:27017 and using the test database mongo foo start the shell using the foo database at localhost:27017 mongo 192.169.0.5/foo start the shell using the foo database at 192.169.0.5:27017 mongo 192.169.0.5:9999/foo start the shell using the foo database at 192.169.0.5:9999 mongo script1.js script2.js script3.js run three scripts and exit OPTIONS
--shell run the shell after executing files --help show usage information --host HOST server to connect to (default HOST=localhost) --port PORT port to connect to (default PORT=27017) --nodb do not connect to mongod --eval SCRIPT evaluate JavaScript -u USERNAME specify user to log in as -pPASSWORD specify password of user (notice there is no space) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2009 10gen SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MongoDB wiki, available at http://www.mongodb.org. AUTHOR
Kristina Chodorow 10gen June 2009 MONGO(1)