Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Infrastructure Monitoring Blocking File Uploads with Squid Post 302375092 by fpmurphy on Thursday 26th of November 2009 12:14:31 PM
Old 11-26-2009
Assuming that you have placed the directives in the correct place in the config file ...

You are only blocking one type of MIME attachment. There are many others. Also most MINE types have additional parameters and thus you use of ^ and $ are preventing a match.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Blocking file read

There are many processes writing to log files at random times (they are all programmed in different manners and can not be altered). I am writing a new c program which should read from the log files whenever they are updated. At the moment it is just spooling, waiting for a change in file size, but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cubathy
2 Replies

2. Linux

vsftpd hiding partial uploads

Is there any mechanism within vsftpd to hide partially uploaded files, ie give them a hidden file name. Pro ftp has this option with the hidden stor option in the configuration file. If there is no such feature how do I go about requesting that the vsftpd developers create this option or is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhod22
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

monitor daily file uploads

hey all, i am a shell scripting n00b so bear with me. i got a server that every night uploads one file to a remote server. the file is prodserver_date_time. i would like to make a script, run by root on a daily cron job. i want it to determine if the file was received or not. no md5... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jweinraub
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep and check uploads

Hi, In suhosin php hardening patch there is an option of scanning uploaded files via php or web. upload verification_script ============================== * Type: String * Default: This defines the full path to a verification script for uploaded files. The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fed.linuxgossip
0 Replies

5. IP Networking

Blocking HTTP tunnel in squid proxy 2.5

Does any one know how to block HTTP Tunnel in squid proxy server. Pls reply (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishwanathhcl
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for Removing Lines from File / Blocking internet connection

Hey all. I am trying to write some scripts and need some assistance. One: I already have a script that appends lines to a file. I need a script that will remove those lines from that file, and have no idea how to go about doing this. Just need the command (if any) that can remove lines. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dysruption
2 Replies

7. IP Networking

Blocking sites with squid

Hi i have created a proxy with squid and i need to block all domains of yahoo let's say . i have to configure squid.conf but idk how.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g0dlik3
1 Replies

8. IP Networking

Squid vs iptables = no Squid access.log?

Hello, I have a pretty useless satellite link at home (far from any civilization), so I wanted to set up caching in order to speed things up. My Squid 2.6 runs "3128 transparent" and is set up quite well on a separate machine. I also have my dd-wrt router to move all port 80 traffic through... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: theWojtek
0 Replies

9. Programming

Which are blocking and non-blocking api's in sockets in C ?

among the below socket programming api's, please let me know which are blocking and non-blocking. socket accept bind listen write read close (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: VSSajjan
2 Replies
tracker-extract(1)						   User Commands						tracker-extract(1)

NAME
tracker-extract - Extract metadata from a file. SYNOPSYS
tracker-extract [OPTION...] FILE... DESCRIPTION
tracker-extract reads the file and mimetype provided in stdin and extract the metadata from this file; then it displays the metadata on the standard output. NOTE: If a FILE is not provided then tracker-extract will run for 30 seconds waiting for DBus calls before quitting. OPTIONS
-?, --help Show summary of options. -v, --verbosity=N Set verbosity to N. This overrides the config value. Values include 0=errors, 1=minimal, 2=detailed and 3=debug. -f, --file=FILE The FILE to extract metadata from. The FILE argument can be either a local path or a URI. It also does not have to be an absolute path. -m, --mime=MIME The MIME type to use for the file. If one is not provided, it will be guessed automatically. -d, --disable-shutdown Disable shutting down after 30 seconds of inactivity. -i, --force-internal-extractors Use this option to force internal extractors over 3rd parties like libstreamanalyzer. -m, --force-module=MODULE Force a particular module to be used. This is here as a convenience for developers wanting to test their MODULE file. Only the MOD- ULE name has to be specified, not the full path. Typically, a MODULE is installed to /usr/lib/tracker-0.7/extract-modules/. This option can be used with or without the .so part of the name too, for example, you can use --force-module=foo Modules are shared objects which are dynamically loaded at run time. These files must have the .so suffix to be loaded and must con- tain the correct symbols to be authenticated by tracker-extract. For more information see the libtracker-extract reference documen- tation. -V, --version Show binary version. EXAMPLES
Using command line to extract metadata from a file: $ tracker-extract -v 3 -f /path/to/some/file.mp3 Using a specific module to extract metadata from a file: $ tracker-extract -v 3 -f /path/to/some/file.mp3 -m mymodule ENVIRONMENT
TRACKER_EXTRACTORS_DIR This is the directory which tracker uses to load the shared libraries from (used for extracting metadata for specific file types). These are needed on each invocation of tracker-store. If unset it will default to the correct place. This is used mainly for testing purposes. The default location is /usr/lib/tracker-0.10/extract-modules/. TRACKER_EXTRACTOR_RULES_DIR This is the directory which tracker uses to load the rules files from. The rules files describe extractor modules and their sup- ported MIME types. The default location is /usr/share/tracker/extract-rules/. TRACKER_USE_CONFIG_FILES Don't use GSettings, instead use a config file similar to how settings were saved in 0.10.x. That is, a file which is much like an .ini file. These are saved to $HOME/.config/tracker/ SEE ALSO
tracker-store(1), tracker-sparql(1), tracker-stats(1), tracker-info(1). /usr/lib/tracker-0.10/extract-modules/ /usr/share/tracker/extract-rules/ GNU
July 2007 tracker-extract(1)