Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Unpack (extract) EAR / JAR files Post 302375038 by waso on Thursday 26th of November 2009 07:22:26 AM
Old 11-26-2009
CPU & Memory Unpack (extract) EAR / JAR files

i have about 30 .EAR files, every ear file have 1 .JAR file.

so i need to extract .EAR files then extract .JAR files, and one important thing is that every archive must bee extracted to separate folder.

i try with gzip, but when i extract 30 ear files i cant make separate folders....

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing files in an EAR file after extracting

{Hello All, Here is what I am trying to do: I have an archive file: AppName.ear jar -tvf AppName.ear 60459 Thu May 01 09:29:36 EDT 2008 /SharedResources/Application/App.dat 67542 Thu May 01 09:29:36 EDT 2008 JDBCConn/Application/App.dat 14488 Thu May 01 09:29:36 EDT 2008 config.xml ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chiru_h
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Differences between jar files

I want to find the difference between two jar files sitting on a sun box. How do I do this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: runnerpaul
3 Replies

3. Red Hat

Method to Unpack cpio files

Hi all, I want to unpack some files .Files and their sizes are: 1. Linux9i_Disk1.cpio -- 500m 2. Linux9i_Disk2.cpio--- 600m 3.Linux9i_Disk3.cpio---- 250m I used cpio -idmv Linux9i_Disk1.cpio command to unpack the files. But Its taking more time to unpack the files.What could be the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: William1482
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unpack individual files from tarball

Say you don't want to unpack the whole thing, just individual files or directories within a .tgz. How to do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stevensw
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a particular xml only from an xml jar file

Hi..need help on how to extract a particular xml file only from an xml jar file... thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qwerty000
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to unpack files with bunzip2 using while loop

Hi, I have a problem with unzipping some file.xml.bz2 files to file.xml using while loop. all other processing on files is successfull except bunzip2. here is my piece of code while read i do bunzip2 $i done<file.lst; output : No such file or directory.le... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: maroom
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get CRC check sum of files in java EAR file without extracting .jar/.war files to disk.?

unzip -v gives CRC info of each file in a zip(in my case .EAR) file. # unzip -v my-application.ear Archive: my-application.ear Length Method Size Cmpr Date Time CRC-32 Name -------- ------ ------- ---- ---------- ----- -------- ---- 197981 Defl:N 183708 7%... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

extract file .jar from package and batch

Thank You to vbe For This Useful Post i want to extract file. jar from package and batch ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moh_abaloo
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

View all jar files contents in one go ?

I can view a jar file contents using the below command: $ jar -tvf ./checker-compat-qual-2.0.0.jar 0 Mon May 02 18:28:46 IST 2016 META-INF/ 184 Mon May 02 18:28:44 IST 2016 META-INF/MANIFEST.MF 0 Mon May 02 17:20:16 IST 2016 afu/ 0 Mon May 02 17:20:16 IST 2016 afu/org/ ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
5 Replies
PHARDATA.EXTRACTTO(3)							 1						     PHARDATA.EXTRACTTO(3)

PharData::extractTo - Extract the contents of a tar/zip archive to a directory

SYNOPSIS
bool PharData::extractTo (string $pathto, [string|array $files], [bool $overwrite = false]) DESCRIPTION
Extract all files within a tar/zip archive to disk. Extracted files and directories preserve permissions as stored in the archive. The optional parameters allow optional control over which files are extracted, and whether existing files on disk can be overwritten. The sec- ond parameter files can be either the name of a file or directory to extract, or an array of names of files and directories to extract. By default, this method will not overwrite existing files, the third parameter can be set to true to enable overwriting of files. This method is similar to ZipArchive.extractTo(3). PARAMETERS
o $pathto - Path to extract the given files to o $files - The name of a file or directory to extract, or an array of files/directories to extract o $overwrite - Set to TRUE to enable overwriting existing files RETURN VALUES
returns TRUE on success, but it is better to check for thrown exception, and assume success if none is thrown. ERRORS
/EXCEPTIONS Throws PharException if errors occur while flushing changes to disk. EXAMPLES
Example #1 A PharData.extractTo(3) example <?php try { $phar = new PharData('myphar.tar'); $phar->extractTo('/full/path'); // extract all files $phar->extractTo('/another/path', 'file.txt'); // extract only file.txt $phar->extractTo('/this/path', array('file1.txt', 'file2.txt')); // extract 2 files only $phar->extractTo('/third/path', null, true); // extract all files, and overwrite } catch (Exception $e) { // handle errors } ?> SEE ALSO
Phar.extractTo(3). PHP Documentation Group PHARDATA.EXTRACTTO(3)