Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script Search replace - complicated Post 302374848 by deindorfer on Wednesday 25th of November 2009 03:14:07 PM
Old 11-25-2009
Code:
perl -pe '$ON = 1 if /CODE A.+/; $ON = 0 if ( $ON && s/VAL 1,2,3/VAL 4,5,6/ )' datafile > replaced

There is the less line of Perl

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

multiple input search and replace script

hi, i want to create a script that will search and replace the values inside a particular file. i have 5 files that i need to change some values inside and i don't want to use vi to edit these files. All the inputted values on the script below will be passed into the files. cho "" echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tungaw2004
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Perl search and replace not working in csh script

I am using perl to perform a search and replace. It works at the command line, but not in the csh shell script perl -pi -e 's@/Pattern@@g' $path/$file I used the @ as my delimiter because the pattern contains "/" (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NobluesFDT
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

complicated search within file

Hi, I have following problem. I have a file with time stamps and some data describing what happened between time stamps. Something like this: 10:00 meeting with K meeting with L 11:00 lunch 12:00 work with K 13:00 From this file I have to get a file with... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmike
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix script, sed search and replace?

Hi, I am trying to write a shell script designed to take input line by line by line from a file with a word on each line for editing with sed. Example file: 1.ejverything 2.bllown 3.maikling 4.manegement 5.existjing 6.systems My design currently takes input from the user, and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkfitzwilliams
2 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Complicated SED search required

Hi All, I'm trying to extract all the description fields from a MIB file which contain multiple instances of the following text: ENTERPRISE compaq VARIABLES { sysName, cpqHoTrapFlags, cpqSsBoxCntlrHwLocation, cpqSsBoxCntlrIndex, cpqSsBoxBusIndex,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: badoshi
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please Help to Check script Search and Replace

Please Help to Check script Search and Replace Ex. Search 0001 and Replete un_0001 ---script Code: nawk -F\" 'NR==FNR{a;next}$2 in a{sub($2,"un_"$2)}1' input.txt file*.txt > resoult.txt script is work to one result but if i have file1.txt, file2.txt, file3.txt i want to Replace... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kittiwas
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search complicated strings on file

Can someone help me? I been figuring out how I can search and extract a complicated search string from a file. The whole string is delimited by a period. And the file where I'm searching is composed of differnt string such as that. For example, I have this search string: and I have a file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Orbix
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to search and replace

Hi All, I am trying to write a script which will find a particular text in certain group of files under a directory and if found correctly it will replace them with a new text in all the files. Could any one let me know how do i find the text in many files under a directory. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetansingh23
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and replace script

Hi, Below is the script which will find a particular text and replace with another one in a group of files under a directory /test #!/bin/bash old=$1 --- first input old text new=$2--- input new text cd /test --- folder into which files need to be checked for y in `ls *`; do sed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetansingh23
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script for search and replace by field

Hi, I have an input file with below data and rules file to apply search and replace by each field in the input based on exact value or pattern. Could you please help me with unix script to read input file and rules file and then create the output and reject files based on the rules file. Input... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandrath
13 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)