Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Simple XML file comparison and merging Post 302374595 by fpmurphy on Wednesday 25th of November 2009 03:43:41 AM
Old 11-25-2009
Do a web search for diffxml & patchxml

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

XML parsing performace comparison with windows using sax

sorry wrong forum..i dont know how to delete this or how to move it to HP UX section... I tested SAX XML parsing using xerces(http://xerces.apache.org/xerces-j/). I tested on Windows XP and HP-UX . I found that parsing time on HP is 5 times that on Windows. My server startup reads a lot of XML... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saurabh.sid
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

using XML::simple in shell scripting

CPAN provide xml::simple module which can be used to generate XML files. can i use this module in shell scripting? how? plzz give me an example to generate xml file using this module . you can also use some other module.. BUT SHELL SCRIPTING SHOULD ONLY BE USED (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cynosure2009
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML::Simple Help!

I can loop through each roomtype but if a roomtype has more that one mealtype I get this error: Not a HASH reference The ForceArray option is enabled. Please Help! This is the dump from the XML that is begin returned to me: --------------------------------------------------------------- ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: novera
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging a lot of XML documents in one

Hi, I have a very basic knowledge of shell scripting & would like some help with a little problem I have. I have a lot of xml documents in a directory and I would like to merge them in one xml. The names of the documents are like: 111111___ΑΑ__Β-2005-2222___EN.xml... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: corfuitl
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with simple comparison in AWK

Hi, I'm new to AWK and I'm having problems comparing a field to a string variable. /ARTIST/ {x = $2} $1 ~ x {print $0}My code tries to find a record with the string "ARTIST". Once it finds it, it stores the second field of the record into a variable. I don't know what the problem is for the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: klusps
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple comparison between two lists.

I have two lists (input) Alpha and Beta. Alpha: Beta: Need the output like this: I would like to get an output like this: Alpha vs Beta | -- | a=1 | |z=3 | z=4 | Is it possible ? :cool: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging two file based on comparison of first columns

Respected Members. Hello. This is my first post in the forum. I will try to follow all the rules as prescribed by the forum. In case of non-compliance, I request you to kindly give me some more time to understand and abide by them. I am working on two files. I wish to merge the two files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manojmalhotra
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging two file based on comparison of first columns

Respected Members. Hello. This is my first post in the forum. I will try to follow all the rules as prescribed by the forum. In case of non-compliance, I request you to kindly give me some more time to understand and abide by them. I am working on two files. I wish to merge the two files... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manojmalhotra
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML Fields comparison using awk script

Hello All, I have many zipped XMLs (example file name in tgz formate - file_rec.trx.2016-01-23.000123.exc.85sesdzd45wsds5299c8f2994f7.tgz) looks following and I need to verify two numbers, they are RecordNumber and EnrolData (only sequence number, NOT hole). for all the records, both should be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: VasuKukkapalli
5 Replies
search.h(3HEAD) 						      Headers							   search.h(3HEAD)

NAME
search.h, search - search tables SYNOPSIS
#include <search.h> DESCRIPTION
The <search.h> header defines the ENTRY type for structure entry, which includes the following members: char *key void *data and defines ACTION and VISIT as enumeration data types through type definitions as follows: enum { FIND, ENTER } ACTION; enum { preorder, postorder, endorder, leaf } VISIT; The size_t type is defined as described in <sys/types.h>. See types.h(3HEAD). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
hsearch(3C), insque(3C), lsearch(3C), tsearch(3C), types.h(3HEAD), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 10 Sep 2004 search.h(3HEAD)