Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem with embedded FTP command in Ksh - System Cannot find the specified path. Post 302374074 by methyl on Monday 23rd of November 2009 10:33:01 AM
Old 11-23-2009
The failure is probably because the full path does not exist on the remote ftp server.
If you just want to place the file in the home directory of the remote ftp server consider doing a shell "cd" before the ftp and use the filename without the directory name in the "put" statement.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Moving files by splitting the path embedded in the filename

Hello All. I am having a directory /tmp/rahul which contains many files in the format @#home@#rahul@#programs@#script.pl where /home/rahul/programs is the directory where the script.pl file is to be placed. I have many files in this format. What i want is a script which read these... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
7 Replies

2. HP-UX

URGENT: UNIX FTP cannot find path error

Dear all We are currently working on to install some ERP system in wjhich we need to FTP from unix to windows 2000 machine We run ./lodrun to get files from d/xxxxx/xxxx directory but the ftpoutput.log file shows following error FTP: xxxxxxxxx system cannot find the path specified... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: minix
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Secure FTP Problem using Sun SSH on Client system F-Secure on Server system

I am using shell script to do secure ftp. I have done key file setup to do password less authentication. Following are the FTP Details: FTP Client has Sun SSH. FTP Server has F-Secure. I am using SCP Command to do secure copy files. When I am doing this, I am getting the foll error scp:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ftpguy
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find command from shell scipt (ksh) problem

Hi experts, I have a simple shell script as follows. #!/bin/ksh FIND_STRING="\( -name 'testfile*.Z' -o -name 'DUMMY_*' \) " find /tmp -type f $FIND_STRING -print When I run this with ksh -x testscript, I get the following output. + FIND_STRING=\( -name 'testfile*.Z' -o -name... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kodermanna
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command to find the path of a file

What is the command to find the path of a file if we know the file name and the root directory where the file resides.. For eg. if a file abc.dat resides in /home/mydir/myfiles/. I am looking for a command which will be fired from / directory, takes abc.dat as input and display the path of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhilashnair
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command to find the absolute path

i understand by using the pwd command we get the present working directory. which command is used to find absolute path from home directory to root.. What is absolute path to your and root user's home directory.:confused::confused::confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaziafathima
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compiling Kernel for an Embedded System

-----Edit----- My original post was long and confusing. To sum it up, I am wondering how to do the following Debian based commands on an RPM type system. dpkg -i XXX.deb update-initramfs -k xxx -c update-grub I hope someone can provide some insight. Thanks in advance! --------------... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: b4sakenxx
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with find command at ksh

Hi! I made a shell script which is offering menu choice. I made it on RHEL & then with little bit changes I was able to run successfully on AIX/ksh. Script is working fine with no issues other than a little one i.e., There is one choice in which I can list out and delete some files from a... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukhdip
10 Replies

9. Solaris

Find path of executable having problem

Hi cannot find the path to a running process on a host. I looked and tried some suggestions in forums to no avail. can someone please help? I need to know where this process is starting from as we have several versions in multiple directories --------- Process name 1201 1 0 Feb 14 ?... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnassiri
14 Replies

10. Red Hat

How to find the path of a command?

Hi guys. I want to know the path of a command. I tried "which" command also . But no luck. Please tell me how to find and update the correct path of the command. Here I'm unable to find the path of ext2online command # resize2fs /dev/vg01/lvora_backup resize2fs 1.39 (29-May-2006)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
3 Replies
ftp(4)								   File Formats 							    ftp(4)

NAME
ftp - FTP client configuration file SYNOPSIS
/etc/default/ftp DESCRIPTION
Use the ftp file to configure the behavior of the FTP client. Lines that begin with a hash symbol ("# ") are treated as comment lines and are ignored. Behavior Directives The ftp file supports the following behavior directives: FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST=yes | no The ls command of the ftp client sends an NLST to the FTP Server by default. Several non-Solaris clients send LIST instead. In order to make the Solaris ftp client send LIST when the ls command is issued, set FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST to no. The value of FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST is yes by default. If the user sets a value for FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST in the user's environment, this value will override any FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST directive that is specified in /etc/default/ftp. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWbipr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftp(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 22 Oct 2002 ftp(4)