Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris set-tmp-permission service is not running in Netra CCMP3060 blade server Post 302374001 by ramnagaraj on Monday 23rd of November 2009 06:08:36 AM
Old 11-23-2009
Thanks for your response. My question is how default permission is set to /tmp even though these services are not running in the server???

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

default permission of /var/tmp in AIX

I'm getting an error when trying to vi my .profile. This is the first time I've logged onto this machine and apparently its rarely logged into. I'm assuming from the error that it's a permissions problem in the /var/tmp directory. Can anyone assist? $ uname -a AIX machine 1 5 000D96BF4C00 $... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
3 Replies

2. AIX

set permission to files in /tmp

Trying to setup user to have the ability to delete any files (regardless of owner) in /tmp. I've tried almost everything... the permission on the folder is drwxrwxrwt 10 bin bin, and at one point I give all the possible permission (short of root) I can give to the user, and he still can't delete... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cchiang12
2 Replies

3. Solaris

FRU information for a Netra CP30609(blade server)

Hi, I'm trying to get cpu fru information for a Netra CP3060 machine. I used prtdiag to get some info. prtconf does not help much for cpu's all it says is something like this:cpu (driver not attached). I need to find out the manufacture date,location, sun part no, etc. I used prtfru -c on an N-440... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mk2339
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Netra V440 & Netra 1290 keyswitch

Hello, I wrote a script which monitor the keyswitch state repeatedly each 10 minutes. I'm extracting the keyswitch status by using prtdiag. The script works fine for Netra v440 , but I found that prtdiag under Netra 1290 don't give keyswitch status. unlike Netra 440 server , I found that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alalush
2 Replies

5. Solaris

permission of /var/tmp

what's the impact if I change /var/tmp's permission into 750? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: a2156z
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Hardware error in Netra 440 server

Dear All I am getting these error while I boot the Netra 440 server. Could anyone tell me what can be the problem Regards Copyright 2004 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved. Use is subject to license terms. Sun(tm) Advanced Lights Out Manager 1.5.4 (indcc01ma02) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Service error on sparc server running solaris 10

Hi, I am getting following service error on one of the sparc servers running solaris 10 - Code : $ svcs -a | grep "maintenance" maintenance Nov_08 svc:/application/management/sma:default $ svcs -xv svc:/application/management/sma:default (net-snmp SNMP daemon) State: maintenance... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunadmin
8 Replies

8. Solaris

Permission of tmp file

The script written by csh, when it running it make some tmp file, the process need to read the tmp file to complete but tmp unable to open, don't have permission. Anyone know the way to automatic chmod the tmp file when run process. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diabolist9
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Netra X1 LOM: Unable to change any variable via the "set" command

I'm posting here as it didn't seem quite right in the hardware section (as it's LOM commands). My apologies if I have that wrong though :) I've finally gotten round to configuring the LOM on my Netra X1, but I can't get it to change the hostname via the "set" command: lom>show hostname... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Smiling Dragon
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Error when running starting server service

Hi I have installed using tar a program called rabbitmq, and when I try to start it according to documentation, I get the following error: /usr/local/sbin/rabbitmq_server-3.6.14/sbin# ./rabbitmq-server ./rabbitmq-server: .: local: not found ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
7 Replies
ypset(1M)						  System Administration Commands						 ypset(1M)

NAME
ypset - point ypbind at a particular server SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/ypset [-d ypdomain] [-h host] server DESCRIPTION
In order to run ypset, ypbind must be initiated with the -ypset or -ypsetme options. See ypbind(1M). ypset tells ypbind to get NIS services for the specified ypdomain from the ypserv process running on server. If server is down, or is not running ypserv, this might not be dis- covered until an NIS client process tries to obtain a binding for the domain. At this point, the binding set by ypset is tested by ypbind. If the binding is invalid, ypbind attempts to rebind for the same domain. ypset is useful for binding a client node that is not on a broadcast net, or is on a broadcast net that is not running an NIS server host. It is also useful for debugging NIS client applications, for instance, where an NIS map exists only at a single NIS server host. Where several hosts on the local net are supplying NIS services, ypbind can rebind to another host, even while you attempt to find out if the ypset operation succeeded. For example, if you enter the ypset command below, you might get the subsequent response from ypwhich: example% ypset host1 example% ypwhich host2 The sequence shown above is a function of the NIS subsystem's attempt to load-balance among the available NIS servers, and occurs when host1 does not respond to ypbind because it is not running ypserv (or is overloaded), and host2, running ypserv, obtains the binding. server indicates which NIS server to bind to, and must be specified as a name or an IP address. This works only if the node has a current valid binding for the domain in question and ypbind has been set to allow use of ypset. In most cases, server should be specified as an IP address. ypset tries to bind over a connectionless transport. The NIS library call, yp_all(), uses connection-oriented transport and derives the NIS server's address based on the connectionless address supplied by ypset. Refer to ypfiles(4) for an overview of the NIS name service. OPTIONS
-d ypdomain Use ypdomain, instead of the default domain. -h host Set ypbind's binding on host, instead of locally. Specify host as a name. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnisu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ypwhich(1), ypfiles(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 14 Sep 1992 ypset(1M)