Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Counting commands frequency
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Counting commands frequency Post 302373735 by TonyLawrence on Saturday 21st of November 2009 04:54:37 PM
Old 11-21-2009
Couple of ways to approach that.

If you are using bash, and have a reasonably large history file set, you can grep the count from "history"

You could also turn on system accounting - "accton".

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

How to find processor frequency

Hello , Please tell me how to find processor frequency in HP UNIX . (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjunath
8 Replies

2. Solaris

out of frequency

:cool: after installing solaris 10 5/08/09 directory the computer rebooting then the massage "out of frequency" appear.i want a solution first second my main board is GA-MA780G UD3H (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: medo2008
14 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting value frequency within an array

How is it possible to sort different nummeric values within an Array. But i don`t want the highest or the lowest. I need the most frequently occurring value. For examble: My Array has to following values = (200 404 404 500 404 404 404 200 404) The result should be 404 The values are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2retti
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to calculate frequency distributions?

Hello, I'm trying to get lists of the frequency distributions for each of two variables (vars C and N in the examples). I'd like the distribution for each variable to range from the min of the two variables to the max of the two variables. I can work out the max value beforehand by ordering the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: auburn
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Word Frequency Sort

hello, Here is a program for creating a word-frequency # wf.gk --- program to generate word frequencies from a file { # remove punctuation: This will remove all punctuations from the file gsub(/_]/, "", $0) #Start frequency analysis for (i = 1; i <= NF; i++) freq++ } END #Print output... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
11 Replies

6. AIX

Finding Memory Frequency

Hi, I would like to know how to find out frequency of memory, I have used the command prtconf but it is showing amt of ram available on server, it is not showing frequency. Regards, Manoj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash - Same frequency

Hi, Could anyone help me with the following question, if I have two colums (names and frequency) as follows in a file called name.txt Michael 1 Jones 1 Ben 2 Rebeca 4 David 1 and I want to use bash script called freqnames.sh that takes one argument (name) and the output should be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jboy
3 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Different OS Kernel Update Frequency

Hi guys I'm trying to configure a collaboration suit (PHP, PostgreSQL, Apache) plus a mail server(Sendmail and Dovecot) on a single box. It will be used heavily 24*7. So having a long up time is really needed. I'm looking for 3 to 6 month up time. I want to know about kernel update... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

find frequency

Hi, I have a file with more than 1 million records.. Each row has a distance number.. I want to know how many times is each number occurring from min to max number.. 2 5 120 208 7 28 45 6 33 120 7 208 so onn.. output 0-0 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
4 Replies
acctprc(8)						      System Manager's Manual							acctprc(8)

NAME
acctprc1, acctprc2, accton - Perform process-accounting procedures SYNOPSIS
acctprc1 [InFile] acctprc2 accton [OutFile] DESCRIPTION
The three acctprc commands, acctprc1, acctprc2, and accton, are used in the runacct shell procedure to produce process-accounting reports. acctprc1 [InFile] The acctprc1 command is used to read records from standard input that are in a format defined by the acct structure in the /usr/include/sys/acct.h header file. This process adds the login names that correspond to user IDs, and then writes corresponding ASCII records to standard output. For each process, the record format includes the following seven unheaded columns: The user ID column includes both traditional and assigned user identification numbers listed in the /etc/passwd file. The login name is the one used for the user ID in the /etc/passwd file. The number of seconds the process consumed when executed during prime-time hours. Prime-time and nonprime-time hours are defined in the /usr/sbin/acct/holidays file. The number of seconds the process consumed when executed during nonprime-time hours. Total number of characters transferred. Total number of blocks read and written. Mean memory size (in kilobyte units). When specified, InFile contains a list of login sessions in a format defined by the utmp structure in the /usr/include/utmp.h header file. The login session records are sorted according to user ID and login name. When InFile is not specified, acctprc1 gets login names from the password file /etc/passwd. The information in InFile is used to distinguish different login names that share the same user ID. acctprc2 The acctprc2 command reads, from standard input, the records written by acctprc1, summarizes them according to user ID and name, and writes sorted summaries to standard output as total accounting records in the tacct format (see the acctmerg command). accton [OutFile] When no parameters are specified with the accton command, account processing is turned off. When you specify an existing OutFile file, process accounting is turned on, and the kernel adds records to that file. You must specify an Outfile to start process accounting. Many shell script procedures expect the file name /var/adm/pacct, the standard process-accounting file. EXAMPLES
To add a user name to each process-accounting record in a binary file and then write these modified binary-file records to an ASCII file named out.file, enter the following line to an accounting shell script: /usr/sbin/acct/acctprc1 < /var/adm/pacct >out.file A user name is added to each record. The raw data in the pacct file is converted to ASCII and added to file out.file. To produce a total binary accounting record of the ASCII output file out.file produced in example 1, enter the following line to an accounting shell script: /usr/sbin/acct/acctprc2 < out.file > /var/adm/acct/nite/daytacct The resulting binary total accounting file, written in the acct format, contains records sorted by user ID. This sorted user ID file, is usually merged with other total accounting records when an acctmerg command is processed to produce a daily summary accounting record called /var/adm/acct/sum/daytacct. To turn on process accounting, enter: /usr/sbin/acct/accton /var/adm/pacct To turn off process accounting, enter: /usr/sbin/acct/accton FILES
Specifies the command path. Specifies the command path. Specifies the command path. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: acct(8), acctcms(8), acctmerg(8), runacct(8) Functions: acct(2) delim off acctprc(8)