Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help to merge multiple .sql files Post 302373473 by aigles on Friday 20th of November 2009 10:38:26 AM
Old 11-20-2009
You can use the technique illustrated below :
Code:
$ cat all.sql
DEFINE DO1 = '--'
DEFINE DO2 = '--'
DEFINE DO&1 = ''

SET ECHO OFF
SET VERIFY OFF
SET TERMOUT OFF
SPOOL do.sql

PROMPT &&DO1 SELECT 'First SQL' "Exec"
PROMPT &&DO1 FROM DUAL;;

PROMPT &&DO2 SELECT 'Second SQL' "Exec"
PROMPT &&DO2 FROM DUAL;;

SPOOL OFF
SET TERMOUT ON

@do.sql

EXIT;
$ sqlplus -S user/password @all 1

Exec
---------
First SQL

$ sqlplus -S user/password @all 2

Exec
----------
Second SQL

$

Jean-Pierre.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Merge multiple .so files

Hi all, I am developing an application in Tcl, inwhich i have to load many modules written in C. I am converting those C modules into shared object(.so) files, and wrap it with my application using SWIG, for which i had the interface file. Now my question is, i have two different... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthilvnr
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge Multiple Files and Transpose

Looking to join three files and then transpose some columns from multiple rows into a single row. File Info: FIELD TERMINATED BY '^' ENCLOSED BY '~' LINE TERMINATED BY '\r\n' FIRST FILE (FOOD_DES.txt) ~01001~^~0100~^~Butter, salted~^~BUTTER,WITH... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkastin
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

merge two column multiple files into one

Hi I have multiple files each with two columns and I need to combine all those file into a tab delimited file. (multiple entry with same name separated by a comma) The content of the files are as follows: --- file1.txt: name var1 aaa xx aaa gg bbb yy ddd zz --- file2.txt ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mary271
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merge multiple files

Hi All, How can I merge 3rd column of multiple files into 1 file, the column header in the merged file being the name of the file from which the 3rd column was taken. The first 2 columns of all the files are exactly same. Thanks for your help ! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie83
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merge columns from multiple files

Hi all, I've searched the web for a long time trying to figure out how to merge columns from multiple files. I know paste will append columns like so: paste file1 file2 file3 file4 file5 ... But this becomes inconvenient when you want to append a large number of files into a single file. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: torchij
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge the multiple text files into one file

Hi All, I am trying to merge all the text files into one file using below snippet cat /home/Temp/Test/Log/*.txt >> all.txt But it seems it is not working. I have multiple files like Output_ServerName1.txt, Output_ServreName2.txt I want to merge each file into one single file and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharsour
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Multiple UNIX Files for Multiple SQL Rows output

Dear All, I am trying to write a Unix Script which fires a sql query. The output of the sql query gives multiple rows. Each row should be saved in a separate Unix File. The number of rows of sql output can be variable. I am able save all the rows in one file but in separate files. Any... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahul_Bhasin
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge columns from multiple files

Hello and Good day I have a lot of files with same number of rows and columns.$2 and $3 are the same in all files . I need to merge $2,$3,$6 from first file and $6 from another files. File1: $1 $2 $3 $4 $5 $6... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali.seifaddini
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge multiple files with common header

Hi all, Say i have multiple files x1 x2 x3 x4, all with common header (date, time, year, age),, How can I merge them to one singe file "X" in shell scripting Thanks for your suggestions. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msarguru
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Merge Multiple html files into one

Hi all I have written some code to write my output in html. As i have multiple servers, need to generate single html file. but my code is generating html file for each server. I have merged the files using below code. cat /home/*_FinalData.html > /home/MergedFinalData.html But how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Snehasish
1 Replies
oarresume(1)							   OAR commands 						      oarresume(1)

NAME
oarresume - resume a job in OAR batch scheduler. SYNOPSIS
oarresume [--array][job_ids][--sql "sql syntax"][-V][-h] DESCRIPTION
Ask OAR to change job_ids states into Waiting when it is Hold or in Running if it is Suspended. OPTIONS
--array Resume array job(s) passed as parameter (all the sub-jobs of the given array job(s)) --sql Resume jobs which repond to the SQL where clause on the table jobs (ex: "project = 'p1'") -V, --version Print OAR version number. -h, --help Print help command message. oarsub(1), oardel(1) oarstat(1), oarnodes(1), oarhold(1) COPYRIGHTS
Copyright 2008 Laboratoire d'Informatique de Grenoble (http://www.liglab.fr). This software is licensed under the GNU Library General Public License. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. oarresume 2012-05-23 oarresume(1)