Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ILOM event logs
Operating Systems Solaris ILOM event logs Post 302373390 by marimontes on Friday 20th of November 2009 06:30:49 AM
Old 11-20-2009
Java ILOM event logs

Hello

I have a server Sun Fire X4250. Few days ago I take a look to ILOM -> System Monitoring -> log events.

I saw some lines that I don't understand, for example:

5800 Chassis Action major Oct 30 23:58:35 2009 Hot insertion of /SYS/DBP/HDD12
5799 Chassis Action major Oct 30 23:58:27 2009 Hot removal of /SYS/DBP/HDD12

And there are many lines like this, with differents HD (total: 15) but most of the lines are referred to HD8 and HD12.

"Hot insertion" I want to believe that it doesn`t means a phisical insertion/removal... but, what it means???.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by marimontes; 11-20-2009 at 10:09 AM..

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep yesterday logs from weblogic logs

Hi, I am trying to write a script which would go search and get the info from the logs based on yesterday timestamp and write yesterday logs in new file. The log file format is as follows: """"""""""""""""""""""""""... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: harish.parker
3 Replies

2. Solaris

ILOM on X4450

I bought a new Netra X4450 and this is my first time experience with intel based Sun server. I powered on the machine and went through the Sun wizard to complete OS configuration. Now I am on the root prompt and trying to get to the ILOM. On Sparc based servers I used to be able to go to the ILOM... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: StarSol
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to parse multiple windows event logs.

Hi all, I am developing a log parsing agent in perl to send windows Event logs to Zenoss Monitoring tool. Using Win32::EventLog i can able to get the Event messages but only one Eventype eg Application or System could able to parse at a time. Can you please help to how to open mutiple eventlogs... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kar_333
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to get full message text from Windows Event Logs

Hi all, . I am developing a log monitoring solution in perl for Windows I am using the CPAN module Win32 ::EventLog (0.076) version for getting the events from windows. The problem which I am facing now is all the Windows 2008 machines are upgraded with Service pack2 from then I couldn’t able... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kar_333
2 Replies

5. Solaris

ILOM Firmware

Hi Guys, Anyone know where to get the firmware to upgrade the ilom from 3.0 to 3.2.1. Found reference to it on myoracle support, but then when you try to follow the links it's not there. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Martin (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

If I ran perl script again,old logs should move with today date and new logs should generate.

Appreciate help for the below issue. Im using below code.....I dont want to attach the logs when I ran the perl twice...I just want to take backup with today date and generate new logs...What I need to do for the below scirpt.............. 1)if logs exist it should move the logs with extention... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sanjeev G
1 Replies
uusnaps(1M)															       uusnaps(1M)

NAME
uusnaps - sort and embellish uusnap output SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The commands, including are targeted for removal from HP-UX; see the below. runs (see uusnap(1M)) and post-processes the output into a more useful form. It sorts output lines in ``Pareto-style'', showing first those remote systems with the greatest number of files, next files, and then files. inserts a after the number of files on those lines where is not equal to (2 x + This may be a sign of missing or orphaned transaction parts. Use to check (see uuls(1)). adds summary information after all output. The first line is a total of the numbers of and files. The second line contains a grand total number of transaction files, followed by the number of directory bytes this represents. This is an indication of the true size of the directory itself if all empty entries were squeezed out. Finally, if it appears that transaction files might be missing or orphaned, returns the number of missing or excess files. WARNINGS
Use of commands, including is discouraged because they are targeted for removal from HP-UX. Use ftp(1) or rcp(1) instead. assumes that each directory entry takes 24 bytes. SEE ALSO
uusnap(1M), uuls(1). TO BE OBSOLETED uusnaps(1M)