Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris What default services will run when Zone installs? Post 302373345 by jlliagre on Friday 20th of November 2009 04:10:44 AM
Old 11-20-2009
Please use code tags.

The /var/svc/log/system-pools-dynamic:default.log file should give you some hints about why the service do not start.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

Run Level Services file

Hello, I recently updated a test system from Suse 8 to 9.3. Now our runlevel services program doesn't work, but works fine on our other 9.3 boxes. We have a file in /etc/init.d/rc3.d called S99fooprog(not actual name ofcourse). It just has a command to start a program daemon up. Anyways... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: benefactr
3 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Windows services for unix - How do I run in batch

I just installed Windows Services for Unix. I want to create a ksh program and schedule it using the Windows scheduler. How would I go about doing it? What would the command line look like? Do I always have to be in a ksh shell to run the batch program even if it is not scheduled? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbdenham
3 Replies

3. Solaris

How to run CRON JOB IN SOLARIS ZONE ??

Hi I am new to solaris zones........... I created a zone in solaris and i am trying to add a cron entry to that by crontab -e but when I enter that command it is just showing 253 number..... But when I enter crontab -l there are some entries my question is how to add cron entry?? when... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaysachin
3 Replies

4. Linux

Tinycore not saving application installs

So I installed tinycore on a 32 mb flash drive using unetbootin a little while ago. I tried booting into it and the unetbooting screen appeared. I selected tinycore and everything booted fine. I installed a few things like perl and links, and continued on. When I booted into it again, none of these... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: a sandwhich
1 Replies

5. Solaris

how to add a default gateway in a zone of different VLAN of global zone

Hi Greetings... I have an issue in connecting the zone from outside the network and it is because of default gateway. I can ping default gateway from inside the zone and not able to ping from global zone due to different VLAN issue. If i add two different gateways and restart network services,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vvpotugunta
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with script to automate CUPS printer installs

Good afternoon. :) I'm rather new to bash scripting, and have probably bitten off a bit more than I can chew to be honest, but I work in a service desk-like environment where one of the main complaints is that it takes our staff a long time to set up network printers on our clients' servers.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aperfecthalo
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Difference in conflict resolving between yum and rpm installs

Hi Guys, I am trying to test installation of a local rpm to my RHEL5 server. I am expecting it to fail as a previous version of the same package name exists. On using rpm -i this behaves as expected but yum install does not pick up the conflict. Here is the element of my SPEC file with the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gazza-o
5 Replies

8. Red Hat

Restart of services if port no is changed in /etc/services in RHEL

I had a doubt if any services need to be restarted if port no in /etc/services in an RHEL setup is changed. For eg, the port no of 443 for SSL may need to be changed. I hope my query is clear whether any services need to be restarted if port no in /etc/services is changed. Please revert with... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Start services based on dependent services on other AIX machine

Hi, I just started working on a script. After my research, i found a command which can help me: AIM: To build a script which starts the services (Services 1) on server 1 automatically whenever its down. And it has a dependency on other service (Service 2) on Server 2. So my script has to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: draghun9
4 Replies
txzonemgr(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     txzonemgr(1M)

NAME
txzonemgr - Trusted Extensions Zone Manager Configuration Utility SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/txzonemgr DESCRIPTION
The txzonemgr shell script provides a simple, menu-based GUI wizard for creating, installing, initializing, and booting labeled zones on a system on which Trusted Extensions is enabled. The script also provides menu items for networking options, name services options, and mak- ing the global zone a client of an existing LDAP server. By default, all zones are configured to use the same name service and IP address as the global zone. txzonemgr is run by roles granted in the Zone Management Rights Profile, or by root in the global zone. It takes no options and returns no values. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Command Interface Stability | Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interactive Dialogue | Not an Interface | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
zenity(1), ifconfig(1M), zoneadm(1M), zonecfg(1M), attributes(5), rbac(5), zones(5) Solaris Trusted Extensions Administrator's Procedures NOTES
If administering zones from JDS, use txzonemgr rather than CDE actions. txzonemgr uses the zenity command. For details, see the zenity(1) man page. SunOS 5.11 17 Dec 2007 txzonemgr(1M)