Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem with embedded FTP command in Ksh - System Cannot find the specified path. Post 302373206 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 19th of November 2009 05:51:26 PM
Old 11-19-2009
Is this a cron file entry? It looks as if the environment is not set correctly.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Moving files by splitting the path embedded in the filename

Hello All. I am having a directory /tmp/rahul which contains many files in the format @#home@#rahul@#programs@#script.pl where /home/rahul/programs is the directory where the script.pl file is to be placed. I have many files in this format. What i want is a script which read these... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
7 Replies

2. HP-UX

URGENT: UNIX FTP cannot find path error

Dear all We are currently working on to install some ERP system in wjhich we need to FTP from unix to windows 2000 machine We run ./lodrun to get files from d/xxxxx/xxxx directory but the ftpoutput.log file shows following error FTP: xxxxxxxxx system cannot find the path specified... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: minix
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Secure FTP Problem using Sun SSH on Client system F-Secure on Server system

I am using shell script to do secure ftp. I have done key file setup to do password less authentication. Following are the FTP Details: FTP Client has Sun SSH. FTP Server has F-Secure. I am using SCP Command to do secure copy files. When I am doing this, I am getting the foll error scp:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ftpguy
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find command from shell scipt (ksh) problem

Hi experts, I have a simple shell script as follows. #!/bin/ksh FIND_STRING="\( -name 'testfile*.Z' -o -name 'DUMMY_*' \) " find /tmp -type f $FIND_STRING -print When I run this with ksh -x testscript, I get the following output. + FIND_STRING=\( -name 'testfile*.Z' -o -name... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kodermanna
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command to find the path of a file

What is the command to find the path of a file if we know the file name and the root directory where the file resides.. For eg. if a file abc.dat resides in /home/mydir/myfiles/. I am looking for a command which will be fired from / directory, takes abc.dat as input and display the path of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhilashnair
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command to find the absolute path

i understand by using the pwd command we get the present working directory. which command is used to find absolute path from home directory to root.. What is absolute path to your and root user's home directory.:confused::confused::confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaziafathima
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compiling Kernel for an Embedded System

-----Edit----- My original post was long and confusing. To sum it up, I am wondering how to do the following Debian based commands on an RPM type system. dpkg -i XXX.deb update-initramfs -k xxx -c update-grub I hope someone can provide some insight. Thanks in advance! --------------... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: b4sakenxx
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with find command at ksh

Hi! I made a shell script which is offering menu choice. I made it on RHEL & then with little bit changes I was able to run successfully on AIX/ksh. Script is working fine with no issues other than a little one i.e., There is one choice in which I can list out and delete some files from a... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukhdip
10 Replies

9. Solaris

Find path of executable having problem

Hi cannot find the path to a running process on a host. I looked and tried some suggestions in forums to no avail. can someone please help? I need to know where this process is starting from as we have several versions in multiple directories --------- Process name 1201 1 0 Feb 14 ?... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnassiri
14 Replies

10. Red Hat

How to find the path of a command?

Hi guys. I want to know the path of a command. I tried "which" command also . But no luck. Please tell me how to find and update the correct path of the command. Here I'm unable to find the path of ext2online command # resize2fs /dev/vg01/lvora_backup resize2fs 1.39 (29-May-2006)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
3 Replies
ftpconfig(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     ftpconfig(1M)

NAME
ftpconfig - set up anonymous FTP SYNOPSIS
ftpconfig [ftpdir] ftpconfig -d ftpdir DESCRIPTION
The ftpconfig script is executed by the super user to set up anonymous FTP. Anonymous FTP allows users to remotely log on to the FTP server by specifying the user name ftp or anonymous and the user's email address as password. The anonymous users are logged on to the FTP Server and given access to a restricted file area with its own file system root. See chroot(2). The FTP area has its own minimal system files. This command will copy and set up all the components needed to operate an anonymous FTP server, including creating the ftp user account, creating device nodes, copying /usr/lib files, and copying timezone data. The passwd and group files set up have been stripped down to prevent malicious users from finding login names on the server. The anonymous file area will be placed under ftpdir. If the ftp user account already exists, then the current FTP area is used, and the system files in it are updated. All other files are left untouched. This command should be run to update the anonymous FTP area's configuration whenever a system patch is installed, or the system is upgraded. OPTIONS
-d Create a new or update an existing ftpdir without creating or updating the ftp user account. Use this option when creating guest FTP user accounts. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: ftpdir The absolute pathname of the directory under which the anonymous FTP area is set up. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion 1 Improper usage of the command 2 Command failed ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWftpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftpaddhost(1M), in.ftpd(1M), useradd(1M), chroot(2), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 1 May 2003 ftpconfig(1M)