Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting KSH switches editin modes when cycling through history. Why? Post 302373145 by eggmatters on Thursday 19th of November 2009 01:21:35 PM
Old 11-19-2009
aha! Very good. Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Power Cycling

Hello Friends , I have been reading some of the Sys Admin notes when i came across a term "Power Cycling" Can anybody please explain what this means Thank You (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DPAI
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ksh: how to make [up arrow] recall command history

I want to get my up arrow key to recall my previous commands in Korn shell. Anyone help please? thanks a bunch! BG (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
3 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

different modes?

What are the Guided and Enhanced Modes? This is something new right? Or have I been the most unobservant guy on the face of this planet? At first I thought it was something for Gollum the forumbot, but its there everytime you start a new thread. What is the difference between the two? And how do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blowtorch
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ksh history

Hi, What is the location of history for ksh? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

WGET cycling on an updating page

Hello, I am experiencing an issue while downloading a few pages using wget. All of them work without a problem except one which is a page that does a tail on the log and as a result is constantly getting updated. wget here seems to run endlessly and needs to be manually killed. I wanted to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prafulnama
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Access Modes

What access modes (permissions) are given to new files you create? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naasei
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to clear history in ksh?

I want to clear the history so that no one should be able to see what commands I gave in the AIX OS level. I tried using history -c , ~/.sh_history, but they aren't working :wall: Please tell me the command in ksh which can clear all the previous history? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lg123
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clear history in ksh

Hi Am using ksh shell I need to remove history of commands used.. I tried # rm .vi_history # touch .vi_history # chmod 600 .vi_history This didnt work.. I tried also # rm .sh_history # touch .sh_history # chmod 600 .sh_history (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
5 Replies

9. Hardware

USB power cycling poblem on RPI

I am having a problem with cycling USB bus power on the RPI B+ (3.18.7+). Each time I power the USB bus off and on, a device plugged into it gets a higher Device number, and eventually the bus crashes (does not enumerate new devices any more) As a demonstration, I wrote the python script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vthielen
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[ksh] how to reload history file without entering a command

I'm basically looking for the ksh equivalent of bash's PROMPT_COMMAND="history -r", where simply redrawing the command prompt in a terminal will cause ksh to reload the history file. At the risk of sounding incredibly lazy (in which case I would be guilty as charged), I've noticed that if I have... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevuanFan
13 Replies
AHB(4)                                                     BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual                                                     AHB(4)

NAME
ahb -- Adaptec EISA SCSI host adapter driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device scbus device ahb Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): ahb_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
This driver provides access to the SCSI bus connected to an Adaptec AHA-174X host adapters in ``enhanced'' mode. Tagged queueing and syn- chronous SCSI transfers are supported. HARDWARE
The ahb driver supports the following SCSI host adapters: o Adaptec AHA-1740 o Adaptec AHA-1742 o Adaptec AHA-1740A o Adaptec AHA-1742A CAVEATS
The Adaptec 174X is very sensitive to SCSI bus termination and cable length. It may also have difficulties operating with some modern devices that, due to their speed, expose timing problems in the controller. There are no known mechanisms for working around device incom- patibilities of this nature. SEE ALSO
aha(4), ahc(4), aic(4), cd(4), da(4), sa(4), scsi(4) AUTHORS
The ahb driver was written by Justin T. Gibbs. BSD July 4, 2004 BSD