Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris OpenSolaris instead Sun Solaris Post 302373029 by jlliagre on Thursday 19th of November 2009 08:41:49 AM
Old 11-19-2009
So is the problem about the ability to type these characters or to see them ?
In the latter case, that might simply be a font issue.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. High Performance Computing

Solaris 10 and OpenSolaris : Web Based Management tools and Sun Cluster installation

Gurus, I have several questions : 1. Does Solaris 10/OpenSolaris has some kind of web based management tools ? Currently I am using WebMin. It worked fine, however I am very curious to use the tools provided by Sun Microsystem. Please advise for package name and how to activate.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zepiroth
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Installing OpenSolaris on Sun v120

I have come into my possesion a v120 server at work that was decommisioned from another project. I don't have the Solaris Installation CD nor do I have root or any user credentials on this server. My goal was to install OpenSolaris on this server and use it as a playground for learning UNIX... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: stringzz
6 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun Studio 11 in OpenSolaris

Install Sun Studio 11 on OpenSolaris 2009.06 When run IDE - system return error: touch: cannot change times on /export/home/iktomy/.sunstudio/11-SunOS-i386/system/dontshowisw: Permission denied /opt/SUNWspro/prod/scripts/jdk_chooser: line 131: cat: command not found... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Iktomy
0 Replies
ADDFTINFO(1)						      General Commands Manual						      ADDFTINFO(1)

NAME
addftinfo - add information to troff font files for use with groff SYNOPSIS
addftinfo [ -v ] [ -param value... ] res unitwidth font DESCRIPTION
addftinfo reads a troff font file and adds some additional font-metric information that is used by the groff system. The font file with the information added is written on the standard output. The information added is guessed using some parametric information about the font and assumptions about the traditional troff names for characters. The main information added is the heights and depths of characters. The res and unitwidth arguments should be the same as the corresponding parameters in the DESC file; font is the name of the file describing the font; if font ends with I the font will be assumed to be italic. OPTIONS
-v prints the version number. All other options changes one of the parameters that is used to derive the heights and depths. Like the existing quantities in the font file, each value is in inches/res for a font whose point size is unitwidth. param must be one of: x-height The height of lowercase letters without ascenders such as x. fig-height The height of figures (digits). asc-height The height of characters with ascenders, such as b, d or l. body-height The height of characters such as parentheses. cap-height The height of uppercase letters such as A. comma-depth The depth of a comma. desc-depth The depth of characters with descenders, such as p,q, or y. body-depth The depth of characters such as parentheses. addftinfo makes no attempt to use the specified parameters to guess the unspecified parameters. If a parameter is not specified the default will be used. The defaults are chosen to have the reasonable values for a Times font. SEE ALSO
groff_font(5), groff(1), groff_char(7) Groff Version 1.21 31 December 2010 ADDFTINFO(1)