Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Shell script questions
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script questions Post 302373024 by aigles on Thursday 19th of November 2009 08:34:21 AM
Old 11-19-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by papou5480
Thank you very much.
But -exe does not
with find . -name "XA*" -> I have the name of the file like XA*
I want to unzip all the file of the list
and after retrieve all rows that contain 'CSSF'
The '-exec zgrep' option retrieves all rows containing 'CSSF'.
The files XA* remain compressed (like in my solution).

Jean-Pierre.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

questions on ftp shell scripting

did a search but was not allowed to use 'ftp' because its too short of a word. for some reason, i can't seem to remember anything about ftp shell scripts - would someone please refresh my memory on the syntax and maybe give a short example? thanks for the time. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: psyjoniz
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script fundamental Questions

Hi Can u please guide me to understand following script : $JAVA_HOME/bin/java -cp $CLASSPATH -Djava.naming.factory.initial=weblogic.jndi.T3InitialContextFactory -Djava.naming.provider .url=$INITIAL_CONTEXT_PROVIDER -Djava.naming.security.principal=system... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajkrmishra
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell/commands/scripting/c questions

1. Can anyone explain me what the line x=signal(SIGINT,nh); does? 2. How do I write a command to print the longest line in a file? 3. How do I write a command to print the last word of every line of a file using sed? 4. What exactly does this line do? :%s/^\(\)\(\)/\2\1/g^M... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Necrologist
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

A few questions from a newbie(shell script)

Q1>How do i read and write to file in shell script. Here is what i want let's assume the filename as "file1" Read file1 Check the content of file1 which can be either "0" or "1" if(content == 0) { execute a command } flush file1(remove all contents in it) write "1" in to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: perk_bud
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Questions on shell execution

Hi, I have a question regarding Korn shell script execution in HP-UX 11.11. What sort of environmental settings do I need to run a Korn shell script such as below without entering "./" at the begining of the command? cat test.ksh date I am able to do this with a user called infodba who... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevefox
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Few Important doubts and questions..(Unix/Shell)

Hi All, I have a few questions which I am unable to solve/answer. Please help me with them:- Command in Unix to determine if a Host is connected to the internet ? If a parenet process is killed what happens to the child process? How do I print the first 10 lines of a file in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shubhranshu
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Answer Terminal Questions With Shell Script?

First off, I am using Mac OS X, with Apple Remote Desktop. I have to install several app's on teachers' laptops which are on several cd's that I have made disk images of. (DMG's) To do rollouts quicker, I have written a script to mount the disk images and running the installers inside each of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: The Reepr
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting questions

I have a file like this. Pls help me to solve this. 08-24-2010 10:22:34,xxxxxxxxMessage : 111 08-24-2010 10:24:38,xxxxxxxbMessage : 000 08-24-2010 11:28:11,xxxxxxxcMessage : 111 08-24-2010 11:32:35,xxxxxxxdMessage : 111 08-24-2010 11:32:35,xxxxxxxeMessage : 111 (I should look for Message... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mnjx
1 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Print questions from a questions folder in a sequential order

1.) I am to write scripts that will be phasetest folder in the home directory. 2.) The folder should have a set-up,phase and display files I have written a small script which i used to check for the existing users and their password. What I need help with: I have a set of questions in a... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: moraks007
19 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select answers from multiple questions using shell script

I have a text file in this format Some lines.... Question no: 1 The question? A. Answer 1 B. Answer 2 C. Answer 3 D. Answer 4 Answer:B Some lines.... Question no: 2 The question? (choose 2) (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: zorrox
10 Replies
DH_COMPRESS(1)							     Debhelper							    DH_COMPRESS(1)

NAME
       dh_compress - compress files and fix symlinks in package build directories

SYNOPSIS
       dh_compress [debhelperoptions] [-Xitem] [-A] [file...]

DESCRIPTION
       dh_compress is a debhelper program that is responsible for compressing the files in package build directories, and makes sure that any
       symlinks that pointed to the files before they were compressed are updated to point to the new files.

By default, dh_compress compresses files that Debian policy mandates should be compressed, namely all files in usr/share/info,
       usr/share/man, files in usr/share/doc that are larger than 4k in size, (except the copyright file, .html and other web files, image files,
       and files that appear to be already compressed based on their extensions), and all changelog files. Plus PCF fonts underneath
       usr/share/fonts/X11/

FILES
       debian/package.compress
	   These files are deprecated.

If this file exists, the default files are not compressed. Instead, the file is ran as a shell script, and all filenames that the shell
	   script outputs will be compressed. The shell script will be run from inside the package build directory. Note though that using -X is a
	   much better idea in general; you should only use a debian/package.compress file if you really need to.

OPTIONS
       -Xitem, --exclude=item
	   Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from being compressed. For example, -X.tiff will exclude TIFF files from
	   compression.  You may use this option multiple times to build up a list of things to exclude.

-A, --all
	   Compress all files specified by command line parameters in ALL packages acted on.

file ...
	   Add these files to the list of files to compress.

CONFORMS TO
       Debian policy, version 3.0

SEE ALSO
       debhelper(7)

This program is a part of debhelper.

AUTHOR
       Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org>

11.1.6ubuntu2							    2018-05-10							    DH_COMPRESS(1)