Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: unix compare two variable
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers unix compare two variable Post 302372880 by Scott on Thursday 19th of November 2009 03:31:07 AM
Old 11-19-2009
You use test to compare variables.

Code:
if test "var1" = "$var2"; then
fi

or 

if [ "$var1" = "$var2" ]; then
fi

Code:
man test

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare the content of a variable with a string

Hello all: I'm new in Unix and here and I'am spanish so my english isn't so good to explain my doubt. Here it is. Very urgent: I need to compare the value of a variable with a string. Example is this. Imagine that the variable x1 contains the path and a file text and I need to compare... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: robdai
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare variable against regular expression?

is it possible? if so, how? i want to check a variable whether is it a number or letter in an if-else statement (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: finalight
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare a variable against array elements

hi everyone - i have a bash script that does, in broad terms, the following: given a file containing a list of email accounts, for every account, do , then move on to the next account. pretty simple, and all that stuff works fine. thing is, there's a very good change that any account... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fearboy
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare two variable value in unix

dear all i had two variable in my script. var1 and var2 var1= 10 ( it will part of date op ) Fri Aug 8 10:05:09 IST 2008 var2=9 ( it will op of ls -ltr and time part of it.) now i want to compare of them and want to do some task if both are are not same. kindly let me know possible... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK help: how to compare array elements against a variable

i have an array call ignore. it is set up ignore=34th56 ignore=re45ty ignore=rt45yu . . ignore=rthg34 n is a variable. I have another variable that i read from a different file. It is $2 and it is working the way i expect. array ignore read and print correct values. in the below if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: usustarr
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH: Compare variable to $1 in an input file

Hello, I am working with KSH on AIX and I have 2 files generated from different sources... as seen below: FILE1 FILE2 AAA AAA@ABS0001C BBB BBB@ABS0003D CCC CCC@ABS0023A DDD DDD@ABC0145D EEE EEE@ABS0090A FFF FFF@ABS0002A GGG GGG@ABC0150D HHH FILE1 is main main data source,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

Compare Empty Variable

Hello All, I am running the below code in my script. I want if jk is empty nothing should be appened to the file total_usage. but apparently its not happening.Kindy let me know how to do it. ################################### jk=`ps auxf |grep -w $inputline|tr -s " "|cut -d... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaincv
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk unable to compare the shell variable

Hi Could anyone please help with Awk. The below code prints the PID of the matching process with condition with $8 and $9 ps -ef |awk '($8~/proc/) && ($9~/rPROC2/) {print $2}' Now i want to change the Constant PROC2 from Shell variable PROC2 is already declared in shell variable SRVNAME... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare the two variable with if condition

Please help me with this: I need to compare two values in if condition in shell script but its goes always to else condition: TIME_CHECK=PM TIME-CLOCK=PM if ; then echo "You have access!" else echo "ACCESS DENIED!" fi (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aroragaurav.84
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare pattern in variable

How to check if pattern is matching in variable or not. I want to check file name in variable with the pattern. Eg: file_name="AB1000.csv" Check for below patterns pattern1 = AB??? pattern2 = abc??* if file_name == <patten1> then ... elif file_name == <pattern2> ---... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vegasluxor
4 Replies
wibble-test-genrunner(1)				      General Commands Manual					  wibble-test-genrunner(1)

NAME
wibble-test-genrunner - Code generator for wibble testsuites. SYNOPSIS
wibble-test-genrunner header <file> wibble-test-genrunner main <files> DESCRIPTION
The program generates .cpp files that are then compiled and linked into a test program for running tests from .test.h files. Examples of such .test.h files may be found among wibble headers, eg. /usr/include/wibble/regexp.test.h. In the first form, the program processes a single header file (usually of the form foo.test.h) and produces a corresponding .cpp file to be compiled. In the second form, it takes as <files> all the .test.h headers and produces a single main.cpp which contains the main() function of the test program, which then runs all the tests in all the .test.h files. The generated source code is always written to standard output and it is left up to the user to redirect it to a meaningful location. The program currently has no options other than the two forms above. The program is intended to be run as part of build process of programs or libraries using the wibble testing framework. For convenient use from CMake, there is a test.cmake script under /usr/share/wibble, that takes care of producing all the .cpp files (both per-header and the main one), compiling them and linking them into a single binary which executes the testsuite. AUTHOR
Petr Rockai <me@mornfall.net> wibble-test-genrunner(1)