Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to get different lines using a for loop Post 302372731 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 18th of November 2009 03:19:50 PM
Old 11-18-2009
It would help if you explicitly formalize your idea of your number sequence. 662 is not a prime number, for example. It is way to fuzzy for me to work with.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Loop through the lines in a file?

How do I loop through the lines of a file? Each line of the file will be the name of a server. Like: server1.stuff.com server2.stuff.com For each server I want to do a secure copy of the file to the other server. This will be a cron job so I guess it needs to run in just SH. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

exclude lines in a loop

I use while do - done loop in my shell script. It is working as per my expectations. But I do not want to process all the lines. I am finding it difficult to exclude certain lines. 1) I do not want to process blank lines as well as lines those start with a space " " 2) I do not want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shantanuo
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop through between 2 found lines

Hi frnd , hv nice week ahead, in shell script i found 2 words as below 1 ) targ_found=`sed -n \`echo $line_no\`p sesslog.txt | grep -ic 'Targ Rowid'` 2 ) bracket_found=`sed -n \`echo $line_no\`p sesslog.txt | grep -wc ')'` now we got he line number of 2 words. now i want to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gopal_Engg
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read lines with different lengths in while loop

Hi there ! I need to treat files with variable line length, and process the tab-delimited words of each line. The tools I know are some basic bash scripting and sed ... I haven't got to python or perl yet. So my file looks like this obj1 0.01953 0.34576 0.04418 0.01249 obj2 0.78140... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jossojjos
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Having a for loop read in lines with spaces?

Is this possible? I have a for loop in a shell script reading a list, but I want each line to be a loop, not each thing with a space. Here is the example: HOSTLIST="\ 1.2.3.4 serverA 1.2.3.5 serverB" for NBUHOST in `echo $HOSTLIST` do ssh ${SERVERNAME} "echo "${NBUHOST}"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LordJezoX
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

analyze lines in a file by loop

Hi Dears, I use the below code to analyze lines in a file: for line in `cat ucsv` do echo $line //analyze statements donehowever, if line contains space char, it will be broken. for example, if file content is: #login,full name,email,project,role,action gmwen,Bruce... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crest.boy
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ignore blank lines in while loop

Hi, i am having one text file it contains some blank lines and i want to ignore that blank lines . #! /bin/bash clear rdCount=0; while read myline do echo $myline let rdCount=$rdCount+1 done < ps.txt echo "Total line=$rdCount" and ps .txt contains the data- (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
17 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading two lines in a while loop and combining the lines

Dear all, I have a file like this: imput scaffold_0 1 scaffold_0 10000 scaffold_0 20000 scaffold_0 25000 scaffold_1 1 scaffold_1 10000 scaffold_1 20000 scaffold_1 23283 and I want the output like this: scaffold_0 1 scaffold_0 10000 scaffold_0 10000 scaffold_0 20000... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: valente
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Re: Read lines and compare in a loop

I have a file which has following content: NAME=ora.DG1.dg TYPE=ora.diskgroup.type TARGET=ONLINE STATE=ONLINE NAME=ora.DG2.dg TYPE=ora.diskgroup.type TARGET=ONLINE STATE=ONLINE NAME=ora.DG3.dg TYPE=ora.diskgroup.type TARGET=ONLINE STATE=ONLINE NAME=ora.DG4.dg... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcc50886
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

For loop to get rid of first 2 lines(conditionally)

hello all, I get data from different vendors and need to clean it up. Usually it pretty straight forward when i have files that only have headers....but in my case i have files that have a starting line of file name(and some junk info) and 2nd line is headers and the 3rd line is were the actual... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: crazy_max
11 Replies
PRIME(1SSL)							      OpenSSL							       PRIME(1SSL)

NAME
openssl-prime, prime - compute prime numbers SYNOPSIS
openssl prime [-help] [-hex] [-generate] [-bits] [-safe] [-checks] [number...] DESCRIPTION
The prime command checks if the specified numbers are prime. If no numbers are given on the command line, the -generate flag should be used to generate primes according to the requirements specified by the rest of the flags. OPTIONS
[-help] Display an option summary. [-hex] Generate hex output. [-generate] Generate a prime number. [-bits num] Generate a prime with num bits. [-safe] When used with -generate, generates a "safe" prime. If the number generated is n, then check that (n-1)/2 is also prime. [-checks num] Perform the checks num times to see that the generated number is prime. The default is 20. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2017 The OpenSSL Project Authors. All Rights Reserved. Licensed under the OpenSSL license (the "License"). You may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You can obtain a copy in the file LICENSE in the source distribution or at <https://www.openssl.org/source/license.html>. 1.1.1a 2018-12-18 PRIME(1SSL)