Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to remove first character if it is zero Post 302372423 by girish.raos on Wednesday 18th of November 2009 02:11:02 AM
Old 11-18-2009
Script to remove first character if it is zero

Hi All,
I have a input like this.
i want the output like this.
But if the input file is like
11 i should not do anything.
Can anyone please help to get a command to do this.

thanks,
Giri.

---------- Post updated at 02:11 AM ---------- Previous update was at 02:04 AM ----------

Friends i got the required command.

Thanks,
Girish.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Remove Garbage Character

Hello, Whenever I transfer files between machines, I find a garbage character (^M) being appended to the end of every line of the file. Can you suggest a script wherein I can eliminate the garbage character. I tried sed 's/^M//g' < filename > filename1 ...but it doesn't work. Also, this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eddie_The_Head
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove a ^M character

Hi, I'd like to ask for some help with the following: I've cut a couple of columns of file1 to create file2 with the following code: cur -f 1,3,8 file1 > file2 Then I need to transfer file 2 from UNIX to Windows and use it further. Unfortunatelly, for some reason the line is displayed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zajtat
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to remove \ character

Dear Members, I have a file which is a single line file. It has "\" character and i need to replace this character with a new line character. How can we do this? I tried with sed but it did not work. sed 's//"\n"/g' t1 > t2Thanks Sandeep (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep_1105
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to remove the last character(.) of a string

hi I have a list of words in a text file. these words are appended by "." at their end. They look something like this. word1. word2. word3. word4. word5. I need to remove the last character "." from all the words. The output must look something like this. word1 word2 word3... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss3944
7 Replies

5. HP-UX

How to remove new line character and append new line character in a file?

Hi Experts, I have data coming in 4 columns and there are new line characters \n in between the data. I need to remove the new line characters in the middle of the row and keep the \n character at the end of the line. File is comma (,) seperated. Eg: ID,Client ,SNo,Rank 37,Airtel \n... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasikari
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove the first and last character of a string

How can i remove the first and last character of strings like below: "^^^613*" "admt130" "^^^613*" "123456" "adg8484" "DQitYV09dh1C" Means i wanna remove the quotes(""). Please help (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
17 Replies

7. Linux

Linux script to remove a character in a file based on position.

Greetings, We have a requirement where we need to loop in a fixed width file in linux and remove a character based on a position for every record. It would highly appreciate if someone can help to automate this. Appreciate your time and help! Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mailme0205
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to search for a character in files in a Directory & remove it

Hi All, Am new to both Unix & this Forum - Need some help on a script that I am trying to write: In a Directory i have few text files which might or might not contain some text that I am trying to find. Once that text is found in any of the files, it needs to be removed from the file ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rituparna_gupta
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script remove bad character

I was curious to know how to write into my shell script to remove a character. The character I want to remove is  within a .html file. (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: graphicsman
18 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove newline character if it is the only character in the entire file.?

I have a file which comes every day and the file data look's as below. Vi abc.txt a|b|c|d\n a|g|h|j\n Some times we receive the file with only a new line character in the file like vi abc.txt \n (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rak Kundra
8 Replies
OD(1)								   User Commands							     OD(1)

NAME
od - dump files in octal and other formats SYNOPSIS
od [OPTION]... [FILE]... od [-abcdfilosx]... [FILE] [[+]OFFSET[.][b]] od --traditional [OPTION]... [FILE] [[+]OFFSET[.][b] [+][LABEL][.][b]] DESCRIPTION
Write an unambiguous representation, octal bytes by default, of FILE to standard output. With more than one FILE argument, concatenate them in the listed order to form the input. With no FILE, or when FILE is -, read standard input. If first and second call formats both apply, the second format is assumed if the last operand begins with + or (if there are 2 operands) a digit. An OFFSET operand means -j OFFSET. LABEL is the pseudo-address at first byte printed, incremented when dump is progressing. For OFFSET and LABEL, a 0x or 0X prefix indicates hexadecimal; suffixes may be . for octal and b for multiply by 512. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. -A, --address-radix=RADIX output format for file offsets; RADIX is one of [doxn], for Decimal, Octal, Hex or None -j, --skip-bytes=BYTES skip BYTES input bytes first -N, --read-bytes=BYTES limit dump to BYTES input bytes -S BYTES, --strings[=BYTES] output strings of at least BYTES graphic chars; 3 is implied when BYTES is not specified -t, --format=TYPE select output format or formats -v, --output-duplicates do not use * to mark line suppression -w[BYTES], --width[=BYTES] output BYTES bytes per output line; 32 is implied when BYTES is not specified --traditional accept arguments in third form above --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit Traditional format specifications may be intermixed; they accumulate: -a same as -t a, select named characters, ignoring high-order bit -b same as -t o1, select octal bytes -c same as -t c, select printable characters or backslash escapes -d same as -t u2, select unsigned decimal 2-byte units -f same as -t fF, select floats -i same as -t dI, select decimal ints -l same as -t dL, select decimal longs -o same as -t o2, select octal 2-byte units -s same as -t d2, select decimal 2-byte units -x same as -t x2, select hexadecimal 2-byte units TYPE is made up of one or more of these specifications: a named character, ignoring high-order bit c printable character or backslash escape d[SIZE] signed decimal, SIZE bytes per integer f[SIZE] floating point, SIZE bytes per integer o[SIZE] octal, SIZE bytes per integer u[SIZE] unsigned decimal, SIZE bytes per integer x[SIZE] hexadecimal, SIZE bytes per integer SIZE is a number. For TYPE in [doux], SIZE may also be C for sizeof(char), S for sizeof(short), I for sizeof(int) or L for sizeof(long). If TYPE is f, SIZE may also be F for sizeof(float), D for sizeof(double) or L for sizeof(long double). Adding a z suffix to any type displays printable characters at the end of each output line. BYTES is hex with 0x or 0X prefix, and may have a multiplier suffix: b 512 KB 1000 K 1024 MB 1000*1000 M 1024*1024 and so on for G, T, P, E, Z, Y. GNU coreutils online help: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> Report od translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> EXAMPLES
od -A x -t x1z -v Display hexdump format output od -A o -t oS -w16 The default output format used by od AUTHOR
Written by Jim Meyering. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2013 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for od is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and od programs are properly installed at your site, the com- mand info coreutils 'od invocation' should give you access to the complete manual. GNU coreutils 8.22 June 2014 OD(1)