Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Error Installing Glimpse on unix Post 302372095 by thegeek on Tuesday 17th of November 2009 05:04:28 AM
Old 11-17-2009
as per the error, you have to install the command flex ..

for debian based system,
Code:
apt-get install flex

Note: i dont have personal experience in this, it is just a suggestion.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installing Unix

Hi all, I just joined this forum and I have tons and tons of questions! Lets start with first one, how to install unix (on laptop)? I bought this book (Unix System Administrator's Bible) and got a CD (Full distribution copy of FreeBSD 2.2.5); and it is all compressed (I got that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nchauhan
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installing unix on pc next to WinXP

Hello, It can be that i overlooked some questions and that somebody else already asked this question. The fact is that i want to install Freebsd (i saw that this was one of the best options on pc) on my homecomputer, but without removing everything i have on winXP. So my question is :... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: verhaeren
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing unix.

Hi, I want to go and learn unix, I order to achieve this task I need to install unix on my machine. I am currently using a Dell Inspiron 6000, which is about a year and a half old. Currently I have 20GB of free space. It has been recommended to me that I simply partition my hard drive... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike55
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installing unix

hey, i downloaded a version of unix just recently in three files about a gig a piece in size. the website told me to merge the three files into one iso file...i did that using the xtra wizard on alchohol 120%. i tried to boot it from the virtual drive, but all it does is open a window that shows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: retrop_ffilc
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing UNIX with no cd or floppy

I have an complicated problem to solve. I want to install a basic UNIX installation on a Compaq LTE 5280 (Win 95). The floppy drive does not work, and there is no cd-rom. It has a 14.4 modem, and I have dial-up internet. I also have another computer (Win 98) with a floppy drive, cd drive, and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aeromark98
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Unix

Hello, I am a compete beginner to Unix, I have a very old HP 9000 class D server and i am trying to install HP-UX 11i on it, when i insert the cd into the cd drive on the Server and boot it up it does not automatically boot into the install of Unix. I have tried letting the Server boot... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eoghanlee
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help Installing UNIX

I have a dual boot - XP and Solaris 10 on my Intel Box. Since quite sometime now, I have been trying to get a driver for the Network card on my box so that I can connect to the Web through Solaris; but Solaris does not have a generic driver for my Gigabit Ethernet 10.100.1000 T-base card. As a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tubbyrana
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Unix

I am new to Unix. I want to be able to do shell scripting. I have installed Vmware Server on my PC. Please see my PC specs below: Processor: Intel Core Duo CPU @ 2.2 GHz Memory: 2GB System Type: 32-bit OS How can I use Unix-Linux on my PC and learn Unix? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: abou202
9 Replies

9. SCO

Installing sco unix

How I install sco unix 5.02 on hard disk ide. I have cd-rom scsi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Terence
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in installing mysql on unix server

Hi , I am trying to install mysql but getting below error $# mysql ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) can anyone provide me this file 'mysql.sock' Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
6 Replies
FLEX(1) 							   User Commands							   FLEX(1)

NAME
flex - the fast lexical analyser generator SYNOPSIS
flex [OPTIONS] [FILE]... DESCRIPTION
Generates programs that perform pattern-matching on text. Table Compression: -Ca, --align trade off larger tables for better memory alignment -Ce, --ecs construct equivalence classes -Cf do not compress tables; use -f representation -CF do not compress tables; use -F representation -Cm, --meta-ecs construct meta-equivalence classes -Cr, --read use read() instead of stdio for scanner input -f, --full generate fast, large scanner. Same as -Cfr -F, --fast use alternate table representation. Same as -CFr -Cem default compression (same as --ecs --meta-ecs) Debugging: -d, --debug enable debug mode in scanner -b, --backup write backing-up information to lex.backup -p, --perf-report write performance report to stderr -s, --nodefault suppress default rule to ECHO unmatched text -T, --trace flex should run in trace mode -w, --nowarn do not generate warnings -v, --verbose write summary of scanner statistics to stdout Files: -o, --outfile=FILE specify output filename -S, --skel=FILE specify skeleton file -t, --stdout write scanner on stdout instead of lex.yy.c --yyclass=NAME name of C++ class --header-file=FILE create a C header file in addition to the scanner --tables-file[=FILE] write tables to FILE Scanner behavior: -7, --7bit generate 7-bit scanner -8, --8bit generate 8-bit scanner -B, --batch generate batch scanner (opposite of -I) -i, --case-insensitive ignore case in patterns -l, --lex-compat maximal compatibility with original lex -X, --posix-compat maximal compatibility with POSIX lex -I, --interactive generate interactive scanner (opposite of -B) --yylineno track line count in yylineno Generated code: -+, --c++ generate C++ scanner class -Dmacro[=defn] #define macro defn (default defn is '1') -L, --noline suppress #line directives in scanner -P, --prefix=STRING use STRING as prefix instead of "yy" -R, --reentrant generate a reentrant C scanner --bison-bridge scanner for bison pure parser. --bison-locations include yylloc support. --stdinit initialize yyin/yyout to stdin/stdout --noansi-definitions old-style function definitions --noansi-prototypes empty parameter list in prototypes --nounistd do not include <unistd.h> --noFUNCTION do not generate a particular FUNCTION Miscellaneous: -c do-nothing POSIX option -n do-nothing POSIX option -? -h, --help produce this help message -V, --version report flex version SEE ALSO
The full documentation for flex is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and flex programs are properly installed at your site, the command info flex should give you access to the complete manual. flex 2.5.35 February 2008 FLEX(1)