Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl how to replace e-mail address from the file Post 302371903 by TonyLawrence on Monday 16th of November 2009 03:56:54 PM
Old 11-16-2009
You have to quote @'s.

pail\@somewhere.com

You don't show where $old_mail and $newmail come from. If they have been se at the command line, that's the problem. It wouldn't be a problem if you read them from a file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pull E-mail address from file, send e-mail

Hello, I am new to perl and need to create a script that will read a file and pull a name from the file and send e-mail. How can I use the following awk statement in a perl script? grep UNIXadmins /root/mail.conf | awk '{ print $2}' and use the output to send a e-mail. Any help would... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DC Heard
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

send mail file from server to another address

HP-UX B11.23 ia64 I have a users mail inbox in /var/mail I want to send all the mail there to another address (an Exchange address). At the Exchange address, I want it to appear as the original separate emails, with attachments in their original form (e.g. still MIME encoded). Is that... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: LisaS
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mail the contents of a file in perl

Hi, I'm trying to read the contents of a file (message.txt), put them in a mail and then mail it This is what I have thus far but I having trouble referencing the file. I'm trying to put it into an array so any ideas would be helpful ... $to='user.n@domain.com'; $from= 'username';... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cillmor
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx -s not sending the file to mail address

Hi All, OS:Red Hat Linux 4 86x64 Below is my shell script which is not sending mail to the mail recipient: #!/bin/bash export MAILLIST="xyz@yahoo.com" cd <path_to_the_script_perf_report.sql> sqlplus / as sysdba @perf_report.sql if then cat <path_to_the_script/*MONTHLY*REPORT*.lst... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace a value in a file in perl?

Hi, I have a file with the following contents and i want to replace that value in a file with some other value. #file.txt /local/Disk/data n 192.168.55.98 52035 3 1 2 1 1 192.168.55.98 Here is my code. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

mail using mail address in a file

I have a file which contains few email address. I have few scripts which use the same mail address. so if any change in mail id like if any user do not want to receive the mail i can just edit a single file instead of many scripts. So i want the scripts to use that file. How can this be done. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gpk_newbie
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

New to Perl Mail @ sign search and replace in a file

HI I'm terribly new to perl .. I;ve been trying to use this command to search and replace entries in a file I tried this and it works perl -p -i -e 's/old/new/' filename Problem is that I have a list of email addresses and I need to serach and replace the entire email address as my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnassiri
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP simple script to find e-mail address on a file

Hello guys, im new to to unix/linux i have a text file like this: person1@test.com iisiiasasas person2@test.com 123w2 3233 sajsja person3@test.com jsajjsa sajsjasaj person4@test.com I want to extract only e-mail address and get rid of all other stuff, i want an output like this ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RazorMX
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to send mail with sender mail address and name?

Hi, I am trying to send a mail using "mail" command in unix. I wanted to give sender name and sender address. I tried different options ,but still it shows only mail address(No name). mail -s "Alert mail : Nothing running !!!" $email -- -F"Mail Alert" -fno-reply@alert.com But I am getting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaggy
4 Replies

10. Red Hat

How to replace Ip address in .xml file through shell script?

I have one .xml file. which contains the following line. <ParamString StringId="PortAddress" StringValue="172.27.166.170" /> <ParamString StringId="PortAddress" StringValue="172.27.166.171" /> <ParamString StringId="PortAddress" StringValue="172.27.166.202" /> <ParamString... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan Ganguly
9 Replies
allegro_exit(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual					     allegro_exit(3alleg4)

NAME
allegro_exit - Closes down the Allegro system. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> void allegro_exit(); DESCRIPTION
Closes down the Allegro system. This includes returning the system to text mode and removing whatever mouse, keyboard, and timer routines have been installed. You don't normally need to bother making an explicit call to this function, because allegro_init() installs it as an atexit() routine so it will be called automatically when your program exits. Note that after you call this function, other functions like destroy_bitmap() will most likely crash. This is a problem for C++ global destructors, which usually get called after atexit(), so don't put Allegro calls in them. You can write the destructor code in another method which you can manually call before your program exits, avoiding this problem. SEE ALSO
install_allegro(3alleg4), allegro_init(3alleg4), destroy_bitmap(3alleg4), ex3d(3alleg4), exscn3d(3alleg4), exswitch(3alleg4), exxfade(3alleg4), exzbuf(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 allegro_exit(3alleg4)