Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: tcpdump fails at AIX 5.2
Operating Systems AIX tcpdump fails at AIX 5.2 Post 302371774 by sekarsamy on Monday 16th of November 2009 07:25:26 AM
Old 11-16-2009
tcpdump fails at AIX 5.2

While executing tcpdump , i am getting following error.

tcpdump: BIOCSETIF: en0: Do not specify an existing file.

I checked with truss , and i able to see kioctl system is failed with "EEXIST"

==============================================

Message from truss output
--------------------------
open("/dev/bpf0", O_RDONLY) = 3
kioctl(3, -2145369492, 0x2FF22A18, 0x00000000) Err#17 EEXIST

================================================

I searched on this forum itself and i couldn't find anything.

Note : My customer wants to use tcpdump and not interested in iptrace .

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tcpdump

does anybody know what the -d -dd and -ddd options are used for ? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ant04
2 Replies

2. AIX

POLL function fails under AIX v5.3

I am having a strange problem with the poll() routine. I compiled a module under AIX 5.2 using the poll routine, it worked fine. When the OS was upgraded to AIX 5.3 the poll routine return an error code. Here is a summary of the code: #define MAX_EVENTS 300 long eventCount;... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: TahirNazir
0 Replies

3. AIX

AIX: chpath command fails

Hi Guys, i'm having trouble changing the path-priority. Now both priorities are 1 as you can see in the lspath-output. Any ideas why the chpath command fails? # chpath -l hdisk3 -p fscsi1 -a priority=10 Method error (/etc/methods/chgdisk): 0514-080 Invalid routine argument... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raba
4 Replies

4. IP Networking

i would like to know about tcpdump

i would like to know about tcpdump i would like to use tcpdump to get information about these - Date - time - source hostname - source mac address - source ip address - destination ip address - see outbound only then i use command like this tcpdump -i le0 -n -q -tttt -e src net... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chamnanpol
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scp from aix to windows (cygwin) fails

Hi... my problem is that I want to copy one html-file to my windows-box webserver using scp. so far no problem but the destination is in /cygdrive/c/program files/dest and as we all know unix doesnt like spaces in paths. scp html.file user@windowsbox:/cygdrive/c/program... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cypher82
5 Replies

6. AIX

"fuser -c -k /XXX/XXXXXXX" Fails and stuck on AIX 6100-05-01-1016

Hi I was wondering if anybody has come across in a failure of fuser command. We have a backup script that is: fuser -c -k /XXX/XXXXXXX sync;sync umount /XXX/XXXXXXX/ backup -0 -f /dev/rmt0.1 -u /dev/XXXXXXXlv mount /XXX/XXXXXXX/ sync;sync The script is called from crontab via an... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggovotsis
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python 2.5 / 2.2 import "errno" fails on AIX Server

I am trying to import the "xmlrpclib" Module from Activepython 2.5 in einer older Python 2.2. Already achived this on a SUSE Linux server, but I am now required to do it on a AIX server. Resolved the first few error messages by copying files from Activepython to Python but I can't get the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: frieling
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Oracle client install for AIX - WinSCP fails

I am trying to install the oracle client for AIX. I downloaded the client to my Windows machine from Oracle Database 10g Release 2 for AIX5L "Oracle Database 10g Client Release 2 (10.2.0.1.0)". 1. Is this right? (I need 9 or 10 client) It was .gz file that I am now trying to move from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoefiend
2 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

AIX upgrade fails

Hello Team, Am trying to upgrade the AIX 6.1 TL 7 to TL 8. My rootvg is mirrored so i have unmirrored and taken out the secondary disk and trying to install the update via smitty alt_clone. The filesets has been installed and finally when making the updated disk as bootable bosboot... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Java 32 bit installation fails on an AIX platform

Hello. It is my first to deal with Java installation on an AIX platform. I am now trying to install Java 32bit using installp command. However, it throws back the message that the installation media cannot be found. I need to install Java 32bit to proceed with an installation of Oracle JD... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: EJ2019
0 Replies
ENC(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    ENC(4)

NAME
enc -- Encapsulating Interface SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following line in your kernel configuration file: device enc DESCRIPTION
The enc interface is a software loopback mechanism that allows hosts or firewalls to filter ipsec(4) traffic using any firewall package that hooks in via the pfil(9) framework. The enc interface allows an administrator to see incoming and outgoing packets before and after they will be or have been processed by ipsec(4) via tcpdump(1). The ``enc0'' interface inherits all IPsec traffic. Thus all IPsec traffic can be filtered based on ``enc0'', and all IPsec traffic could be seen by invoking tcpdump(1) on the ``enc0'' interface. What can be seen with tcpdump(1) and what will be passed on to the firewalls via the pfil(9) framework can be independently controlled using the following sysctl(8) variables: Name Defaults Suggested net.enc.out.ipsec_bpf_mask 0x00000003 0x00000001 net.enc.out.ipsec_filter_mask 0x00000001 0x00000001 net.enc.in.ipsec_bpf_mask 0x00000001 0x00000002 net.enc.in.ipsec_filter_mask 0x00000001 0x00000002 For the incoming path a value of 0x1 means ``before stripping off the outer header'' and 0x2 means ``after stripping off the outer header''. For the outgoing path 0x1 means ``with only the inner header'' and 0x2 means ``with outer and inner headers''. incoming path |------| ---- IPsec processing ---- (before) ---- (after) ----> | | | Host | <--- IPsec processing ---- (after) ----- (before) ---- | | outgoing path |------| Most people will want to run with the suggested defaults for ipsec_filter_mask and rely on the security policy database for the outer head- ers. EXAMPLES
To see the packets the processed via ipsec(4), adjust the sysctl(8) variables according to your need and run: tcpdump -i enc0 SEE ALSO
tcpdump(1), bpf(4), ipf(4), ipfw(4), ipsec(4), pf(4), tcpdump(8) BSD
November 28, 2007 BSD