Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Execute SQL query in unix script Post 302371498 by vijays3 on Sunday 15th of November 2009 08:34:42 AM
Old 11-15-2009
Bug Execute SQL query in unix script

Hi

I am new in unix. oracle and unix are installed in my sytem.i need the script
which could connect to the oracle using username ,password and schema and can run the select * from tab query.

Thanks
vijay

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sql query results in unix shell script

Hi I want to get the a field from a SQL query into unix shell script variable. the whole situation is like this. 1. Opened a cursor to a table in DB2 databse. 2. Fetching individual rows with the help of cursor. 3. Each row has 4 fields. I want each of the field in individual shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute oracle query determined at runtime from a unix script

Hi I am trying to run a SQL statement from a unix script determined at runtime. It is throwing me an error. Please advise some solution to this. echo "Enter username for the database" read username echo "Enter password for the database" read password echo "Enter SQL stmt" read... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: infyanurag
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help in reading a output of a sql query in unix script

i'm used a sql query in a unix script to get the information from table. but unable to extract the output which i need. Any help with logic will be greatly appreciated. my sql query provide output some thing like this - col1 col2 count ---- ---- ------ A B 10 c D 6 e... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pharos467
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

TO execute .sql 2005 query file in shell script

Hi, I know in oracle a .sql file is called by @ <path> /<filename>. But how to call in sql 2005, I am opening the sql sessionwith sqsh, is there any command to execute there a .sql file (query in sql 2005) in K shell script. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: n2ekhil
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execute PL/SQL function from Unix script (.sql file)

Hi guys, I am new on here, I have a function in oracle that returns a specific value: create or replace PACKAGE BODY "CTC_ASDGET_SCHED" AS FUNCTION FN_ASDSCHEDULE_GET RETURN VARCHAR2 AS BEGIN DECLARE ASDSchedule varchar2(6); ASDComplete... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reptile
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

executing SQL query using unix shell script

I want to perform few post-session success tasks like update a status to 'true' in one of the sql database table, update date values to current system date in one of the configuration table in sql. How do i achieve this in a post session command?syntax with example will be helpful. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nathanvaithi
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Different way to connect to database ans execute sql query

Hi Friends, I am using AIX version and sqlplus to connect to database while writing a shell script. I have implemented three ways to connect to database : 1) sqlplus -s <USERNAME>/<PASSWORD> <<! @<SQL FILE TO EXECUTE> exit ! 2) sqlplus -s <USERNAME>/<PASSWORD> <<! -----sql statemenets... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gauravgarg
6 Replies

8. Programming

JDBC code to pass the SQL query as parameter and execute?

Below i have the sample code. i need to pass the entire query from file or as parameter and read the results and write into a output file. here the number of columns are unknown. some times it may be 2,3 or entire columns from the table. read all the column results and write into a comma... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL query in UNIX script - output in flat file

Hi, I never did this before... what I want to do is execute a SQL query from a unix script and redirect sql query's output to a flat file (comma separated one) without the header info (no column names). I would also want not to print the query's output to the screen. snapshot of my script:... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: juzz4fun
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to execute sql query.

Hi Experts, Need your support. Not able to use sql query alias in shell script. Could you please help me in finding right way to use alias with sql query in shell script. Below is the code i am using. #!/bin/bash sqlplus -s abc/abc@abc << EOF> bcd.csv set trimspool on select zone_id... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: as7951
4 Replies
asadmin(1M)						    Application Server Utility						       asadmin(1M)

NAME
asadmin - utility for performing administrative tasks for the Sun Java System Application Server SYNOPSIS
asadmin subcommand [-short_option[short_option_argument]]* [--long_option[long_option_argument]]* [operand]* Use the asadmin utility to perform any administrative task for the Sun Java System Application Server. You can use this utility in place of using the Administration Console. The subcommand identifies the operation or task you wish to perform. Subcommands are case-sensitive. Short option arguments have a single dash (-); while long option arguments have two dashes (--). Options modify how the utility performs a subcommand. Options are also case- sensitive. Most options require argument values except boolean options which toggle to switch a feature ON or OFF. Operands appear after the argument values, and are set off by a space, a tab, or double dashes (--). The asadmin utility treats anything that comes after the options and their values as an operand. Local subcommands can be executed without the presence of an administration server. However, it is required that the user be logged into the machine hosting the domain in order to execute the subcommand and have access (permissions) for the installation and domain directo- ries. Remote subcommands are always executed by connecting to an administration server and executing the subcommand there. A running administra- tion server is required. All remote subcommands require the following options: -u --user authorized domain application server administrative username. -w --password password to administer the domain application server. -H --host machine name where the domain application server is running. -p --port port number of the domain application server listening for administration requests. -s --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the domain application server. -t --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. -e --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Default is false. -I --interactive if set to true (default), only the required password options are prompted. For security purposes, you can set the password for a subcommand from a file instead of entering the password at the command line. The --passwordfile option takes the file containing the passwords. The valid contents for the file are: AS_ADMIN_PASSWORD=value AS_ADMIN_ADMINPASSWORD=value AS_ADMIN_USERPASSWORD=value Given the --passwordfile option and its value, the password options in the passwordfile are exported to the global environment; subsequent subcommands without the password options take this value. However, if both the --password and --passwordfile options are specified on the command line, the password value in the passwordfile is exported to the global environment and subsequent subcommands without the --pass- word option would take this value. However, for the current subcommand, the --password option value specified on the command line is taken since the --password option takes precedence over the --passwordfile option. To use the --secure option, you must use the set command to enable the security--enabled flag in the admin http-listener in the domain.xml. When you use the asadmin subcommands to create and/or delete, you must restart the server for the newly created command to take affect. Use the start-domain command to restart the server. Some characters, such as the colon (:), the asterisk (*), and the backslash(, cause errors if you use them in the command syntax unless you use escape characters to set them off. The possibilities for using escape characters vary depending upon what platform you use and whether you use singlemode or multimode. You do not need to use escape characters for colons in the get or set commands. On UNIX, in singlemode, you can use either two backslashes () or double-quotes (" ") to escape restricted characters. For example, when creating a JDBC connection pool with an option whose value includes colons, you could use backslashes (example assumes the environment variables have been set for some properties): asadmin create-jdbc-connection-pool --datasourceclassname oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource --failconnection=true --isconnectvali- datereq=true --property url=jdbc:oracle:thin:@asperfsol8:1521:V8i:user=staging_lookup_app:password=staging_lookup_app OraclePoollookup To use quotes in the same example as above, you would enclose the value in double quotes (") and escape the double quotes with the back- slash. asadmin create-jdbc-connection-pool --datasourceclassname oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource --failconnection=true --isconnectvali- datereq=true --property url= word=staging_lookup_app OraclePoollookup On windows, in singlemode, you can escape using the backslash character. For example, when creating a JDBC connection pool with an option whose value includes colons, you could use backslashes (example assumes the environment variables have been set for some properties): asadmin create-jdbc-connection-pool --datasourceclassname oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource --failconnection=true --isconnectvali- datereq=true --property url=jdbcoraclethin@asperfsol81521V8i:user=staging_lookup_app:pas sword=staging_lookup_app OraclePoollookup On any platform, in singlemode, you can use backslashes to escape the character and enclose the value containing the escaped characters in double quotes. For example, when creating a JDBC connection pool with a option whose value includes colons, you could use the escape char- acters as follows (example assumes the environment variables have been set for some properties): asadmin create-jdbc-connection-pool --datasourceclassname oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource --failconnection=true --isconnectvali- datereq=true --property url="jdbcoraclethin@iasperfsol81521V8i":user=staging_lookup_app: password=staging_lookup_app OraclePoollookup On any platform, in multimode, you can use the following syntax, which only requires quotes, not slashes or backslashes: asadmin> create-jdbc-connection-pool --datasourceclassname oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource --failconnection=true --isconnectvali- datereq=true --property url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@asperfsol8:1521:V8i":user=staging_lookup_app:password=staging_lookup_app OraclePoollookup To access the manpages for the Application Server Command-line interface subcommands, add $AS_INSTALL/man to your MANPATH environment vari- able. You can obtain overall usage information for any of the asadmin utility subcommands by invoking the --help option. If you specify a sub- command, the usage information for that subcommand is displayed. Using the help option without a subcommand displays a listing of all the available subcommands. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Unstable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ appclient(1M), package-appclient(1M) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin(1M)