Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Can I run Perkin Elmer software on SCO ? Post 302371409 by Neo on Saturday 14th of November 2009 03:15:16 PM
Old 11-14-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyLawrence
Back then, SCO was very popular. Remember, Linux barely existed and any other multi-user/ multi-tasking OS was expensive.
i started using Linux, Slackware 0.8 (as I recall), around the same time period. I used it to replace ATT 3B2s in the USAF, Air Combat Command.

The 3B2s were so bad that I recall the system locking up just running an update with the ifconfig command. They were big and square and white and made great door stops. I used them as stands for potted plants and installed Linux (Slackware) on every broken/available Intel machine I could find in the closets of ACC bases. That was late 1993, early 1994.

I really don't recall ever using SCO, even back then we were installing Linux to replace MS mail servers, DNS servers, etc. at every opportunity.

Viva the Revolution!

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can i set up Software disk mirroring(Raid1) in SCO 5.0.5 with two SCSI harddisk ?

thank u very much, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coralsea
1 Replies

2. SCO

Software router on SCO Unixware 2.X

Hi, I am trying to setup an old SCO Unix 2.x box to act as a router. I have got 2 network cards in the box. As far as I know, I need to setup "ip forwarding" and "routes". Can anyone tell me how to setup "ip forwarding" on SCO Unixware 2.X? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreenir
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Netscape - What version will run on SCO Unix v3.2 2 Release 5

This question has been resolved. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: system77
0 Replies

4. SCO

I need a box to run SCO 3.2 5.0.5 i386 with...

need it to be able to run Seagate STT8000A tape drive. Any suggestions where to go. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike Gomes
5 Replies

5. SCO

Recommendation for hardware to run SCO OSR 5.0.7 natively

Looking for a modern server to run SCO OSR 5.0.7 without VM (native), h/w must have manufacturers warranty. Requirements would be to accommodate light loads of up to 15 users, app does not take more than 30 - 40 MB of RAM and data stored takes up to 15 - 20 GB, no internet connections... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
3 Replies
GSIGNAL(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							GSIGNAL(3)

NAME
gsignal, ssignal - software signal facility SYNOPSIS
#include <signal.h> typedef void (*sighandler_t)(int); int gsignal(signum); sighandler_t ssignal(int signum, sighandler_t action); DESCRIPTION
Don't use these functions under Linux. Due to a historical mistake, under Linux these functions are aliases for raise() and signal(), respectively. Elsewhere, on SYSV-like systems, these functions implement software signalling, entirely independent of the classical signal and kill func- tions. The function ssignal() defines the action to take when the software signal with number signum is raised using the function gsig- nal(), and returns the previous such action or SIG_DFL. The function gsignal() does the following: if no action (or the action SIG_DFL) was specified for signum, then it does nothing and returns 0. If the action SIG_IGN was specified for signum, then it does nothing and returns 1. Otherwise, it resets the action to SIG_DFL and calls the action function with parameter signum, and returns the value returned by that function. The range of possible values signum varies (often 1-15 or 1-17). CONFORMING TO
SVID2, XPG2. These functions are available under AIX, DG-UX, HPUX, SCO, Solaris, Tru64. They are called obsolete under most of these sys- tems, and are broken under Linux libc and glibc. Some systems also have gsignal_r() and ssignal_r(). SEE ALSO
kill(2), signal(2), raise(3) notGNU 2002-08-25 GSIGNAL(3)