Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Can I run Perkin Elmer software on SCO ? Post 302371394 by TonyLawrence on Saturday 14th of November 2009 02:14:12 PM
Old 11-14-2009
Oh, one more thing:

If those ARE MSDOS software disks, it's better to throw up a Linux box and use a Dos emulator under that than mess around with SCO. I suppose you could argue that's a matter of opinion, but I doubt you'll find many willing to take the other side of the debate.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can i set up Software disk mirroring(Raid1) in SCO 5.0.5 with two SCSI harddisk ?

thank u very much, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coralsea
1 Replies

2. SCO

Software router on SCO Unixware 2.X

Hi, I am trying to setup an old SCO Unix 2.x box to act as a router. I have got 2 network cards in the box. As far as I know, I need to setup "ip forwarding" and "routes". Can anyone tell me how to setup "ip forwarding" on SCO Unixware 2.X? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreenir
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Netscape - What version will run on SCO Unix v3.2 2 Release 5

This question has been resolved. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: system77
0 Replies

4. SCO

I need a box to run SCO 3.2 5.0.5 i386 with...

need it to be able to run Seagate STT8000A tape drive. Any suggestions where to go. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike Gomes
5 Replies

5. SCO

Recommendation for hardware to run SCO OSR 5.0.7 natively

Looking for a modern server to run SCO OSR 5.0.7 without VM (native), h/w must have manufacturers warranty. Requirements would be to accommodate light loads of up to 15 users, app does not take more than 30 - 40 MB of RAM and data stored takes up to 15 - 20 GB, no internet connections... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
3 Replies
MWRITE(1)						      General Commands Manual							 MWRITE(1)

NAME
mwrite - low level write (copy) a Unix file to MSDOS SYNOPSIS
mwrite [ -tnvm ] unixfile msdosfile mwrite [ -tnvm ] unixfile [ unixfiles... ] msdosdirectory DESCRIPTION
In the first form, mwrite copies the specified Unix file to the named MSDOS file. The second form of the command copies multiple Unix files to the named MSDOS directory. Mwrite will allow the following command line options: t Text file transfer. Mwrite will translate incoming line feeds to carriage return/line feeds. n No warning. Mwrite will not warn the user when overwriting an existing file. v Verbose mode. Display the new filename if the Unix filename requires conversion. m Preserve the file modification times. If the target file already exists, and the -n option is not in effect, mwrite asks whether or not to overwrite the file. Reasonable care is taken to create a valid MSDOS filename. If an invalid name is specified, mwrite will change the name (and display the new name if the verbose mode is set). MSDOS subdirectory names are are supported with either the '/' or '' separator. The use of the '' separator or wildcards will require the names to be enclosed in quotes to protect them from the shell. The mcd command may be used to establish the device and the current working directory (relative to MSDOS), otherwise the default is A:/. SEE ALSO
mcd(1), mcopy(1), mread(1) BUGS
Unlike MSDOS, the destination directory may not be omitted. local MWRITE(1)