Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers There is a * after file name, what does it mean ? Post 302371265 by thegeek on Saturday 14th of November 2009 12:53:53 AM
Old 11-14-2009
* means executable...

Code:
man ls
 -F, --classify
              append indicator (one of */=>@|) to entries

When you have the specific option, you get different indicators, @ for link, * for executable, / for dir ..

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match list of strings in File A and compare with File B, C and write to a output file in CSV format

Hi Friends, I'm a great fan of this forum... it has helped me tone my skills in shell scripting. I have a challenge here, which I'm sure you guys would help me in achieving... File A has a list of job ids and I need to compare this with the File B (*.log) and File C (extend *.log) and copy... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asnandhakumar
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 text file with 1 column in each file and write mismatch data to 3rd file

Hi, I need to compare 2 text files with around 60000 rows and 1 column. I need to compare these and write the mismatch data to 3rd file. File1 - file2 = file3 wc -l file1.txt 58112 wc -l file2.txt 55260 head -5 file1.txt 101214200123 101214700300 101250030067 101214100500... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Divya Nochiyil
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script (sh file) logic to compare contents of one file with another file and output to file

Shell script logic Hi I have 2 input files like with file 1 content as (file1) "BRGTEST-242" a.txt "BRGTEST-240" a.txt "BRGTEST-219" e.txt File 2 contents as fle(2) "BRGTEST-244" a.txt "BRGTEST-244" b.txt "BRGTEST-231" c.txt "BRGTEST-231" d.txt "BRGTEST-221" e.txt I want to get... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: pottic
22 Replies
ECACCESS-ASSOCIATION-LIST(1p)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     ECACCESS-ASSOCIATION-LIST(1p)

NAME
ecaccess-association-list - List your ECtrans Associations SYNOPSIS
ecaccess-association-list -version|-help|-manual ecaccess-association-list [-debug] [-gateway name] [association-name] DESCRIPTION
List all your ECtrans Associations. When an association-name is specified then the details for this Association is displayed. ARGUMENTS
association-name (optional) The name of the Association to retrieve the details. OPTIONS
-gateway name This is the name of the ECaccess Gateway where the Associations are installed. It is by default the Gateway you are connected to. In order to get the name of your current Gateway you can use the ecaccess-gateway-name command. When using the commands at ECMWF the default Gateway is always "ecaccess.ecmwf.int". -version Display version number and exits. -help Print a brief help message and exits. -manual Prints the manual page and exits. -debug Display the SOAP messages exchanged. EXAMPLES
ecaccess-association-list List all your Associations on your default Gateway. ecaccess-association-list -gateway ecaccess.ecmwf.int ginko List the details of the Association ginko on the ecaccess.ecmwf.int Gateway. SEE ALSO
ecaccess-association-delete, ecaccess-association-get, ecaccess-association-protocol, ecaccess-association-put and ecaccess. perl v5.14.2 2012-04-16 ECACCESS-ASSOCIATION-LIST(1p)