Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Logout script - delete a file Post 302371242 by AGGreenLinux on Friday 13th of November 2009 06:16:58 PM
Old 11-13-2009
more info

So I am basically running this ..

Login.sh

/Library/Directory/login1.sh &

Login1.sh

find ~ . -name com.apple.sidebarlists.plist -exec rm -f {} \;

This does not hang up on login, however, after system logon, it will take 30 seconds to delete the file....I need it done immediately after logon..I cannot have a delay.
Any thoughts?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

logout/shutdown script

I am running JDictd (http://www.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/~duc/Java/JDictd/) from tcsh in Terminal on Mac OS X (:=Darwin=FreeBSD/Mach). I am trying to get it to exit cleanly silently upon Mac OS X system shutdown. My idea was that if there was a logout script in FreeBSD (basically a script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ropers
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Login and logout script

Hi all I know ho I can run a script when a user logs in, viz using the .login or .profile file, however what can I use to run a script when a user logouts ? Thanks J :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jhansrod
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

run a script on logout by a non-root user

hi , i need to run a script that delete files when i logout as a user other than root user . I have tried out using .bash_logout but that doesnt seem to work , so any alternative for this to be done. Thanks in advance, Harsha (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: harsha10
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

run a script at logout

hi all , Need to a run a program on user logout (using GNOME log screen). Tried using .bash_logout for this purpose but that doesnt seem to work. Similar to .bash_logout is there any script /program which a normal user (other than root ) can edit and run it on their logout? can anybody... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

logout script common for both Mac and Linux?

hi all , I need to run few commands on user logout. A non-root user should be able to edit that script which runs after logout. I need to make the solution both all Linux versions as well as Mac. Can any body help me in this regard. (0 Replies)
0 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Login/Logout script

Dear readers I use SnowLeopard 10.6.2 and need to do some special tasks at login and logout of an sepcific user. My problem is, how do I send a string "login" respectively "logout" from computer "A", where the login/logout script runs, to computer "B" where some other tasks need to be done. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tthaler
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run script on logout ?

Hi Everybody, I want to run my own script on logout , i can use .bash_logout file... problem is this will work only for that particular user... i want to know the common file... so that script wil run for all the user... 2. How to run script on Shutdown ? Thanks in advance Anitha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anisn2002
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

Need Script to ZIP/SAVE & then DELETE Log file & DELETE ZIPS older than 12 months

ENVIROMENT Linux: Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow) iPlanet: iPlanet-WebServer-Enterprise/6.0SP1 Log Path: /usr/iplanet/servers/https-company/logs I have iPlanet log rotation enabled rotating files on a daily basis. The rotated logs are NOT compressed & are taking up too much space. I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zachs
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Login, excute command, logout Script Help

Good Evening all, After spending the last week or so reading many posts I decided to register and join in. This is my first post on the forum so please forgive me as im new to this, Im after some help in throwing together a quick basic script without using expect to change the password on several... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mutley2202
4 Replies

10. SCO

Logout automatically when exiting a script

Hi, I am using SCO Unix. I write a script to execute a program by calling exec program The script will check the program is still there or not, if not, then it will exit the script by calling exit So if I press DEL to quit the program, the script will exit, but it will logout... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dannychan
6 Replies
bsmconv(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       bsmconv(1M)

NAME
bsmconv, bsmunconv - enable or disable the Basic Security Module (BSM) on Solaris SYNOPSIS
/etc/security/bsmconv [rootdir...] /etc/security/bsmunconv [rootdir...] DESCRIPTION
The bsmconv and bsmunconv scripts are used to enable or disable the BSM features on a Solaris system. The optional argument rootdir is a list of one or more root directories of diskless clients that have already been configured. See smdiskless(1M). To enable or disable BSM on a diskless client, a server, or a stand-alone system, logon as super-user to the system being converted and use the bsmconv or bsmunconv commands without any options. To enable or disable BSM on a diskless client from that client's server, logon to the server as super-user and use bsmconv, specifying the root directory of each diskless client you wish to affect. For example, the command: myhost# bsmconv /export/root/client1 /export/root/client2 enables BSM on the two machines named client1 and client2. While the command: myhost# bsmconv enables BSM only on the machine called myhost. It is no longer necessary to enable BSM on both the server and its diskless clients. After running bsmconv the system can be configured by editing the files in /etc/security. Each diskless client has its own copy of configu- ration files in its root directory. You might want to edit these files before rebooting each client. Following the completion of either script, the affected system(s) should be rebooted to allow the auditing subsystem to come up properly initialized. FILES
The following files are created by bsmconv: /etc/security/device_maps Administrative file defining the mapping of device special files to allocatable device names. /etc/security/device_allocate Administrative file defining parameters for device allocation. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
auditconfig(1M), auditd(1M), audit_startup(1M), audit.log(4), audit_control(4), attributes(5) NOTES
bsmconv and bsmunconv are not valid in a non-global zone. SunOS 5.10 26 May 2004 bsmconv(1M)