Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting expect wait --More-- string and exit Post 302371184 by Neo on Friday 13th of November 2009 02:30:00 PM
Old 11-13-2009
My first thought is that you need to introduce a while statement in your expect script to read the troublesome -----More-- text and send a carriage return when it happens.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

check exit status - Expect Script

from my main script, i am calling an expect script. there are a lot of conditions in the Expect script and it can have any exit value based on success or failure of the Expect Script. how can i check the exit status of Expect scritp in the main script. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iamcool
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

wait command - cat it wait for not-chile process?

Did not use 'wait' yet. How I understand by now the wait works only for child processes, started background. Is there any other way to watch completion of any, not related process (at least, a process, owned by the same user?) I need to start a background process, witch will be waiting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

expect-string length problom

hi i am writing an expect script to automate su command, my script goes like this... #!/usr/local/bin/expect -- set password set env_var spawn su UNAME expect "password:" send "$password\r" expect "env" send "setenv PATHVAR $env_ver\r" expect "env" send "echo \$PATHVAR" expect eof ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudheer157
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there a way to ask expect wait for sometime before running the next send command ?

Hi all, After expect catches the string I specify, is there a way to ask expect wait for sometime before running the next send command ? So my script looks like following, expect "some string" #How to ask expect to wait for a while send "next command" The reason I want to do this is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: qiulang
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script: obtain the exit code of remote command

Hi all, I'm trying to run the sipp simulator in crontab but after some attempt I came to the conclusion that for some reason this isn't possible (maybe due to sipp interactive nature). This is confirmed by these posts. Now I'm trying to launch sipp from an expect script that runs in crontab. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Evan
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

expect ssh script cannot finish and exit

All i am new to linux, and try to have a simple expect script to ssh then telnet to the network equipment, and exit itself. but dont know why i hang at the last $ #!/usr/bin/expect set timeout 10 set arg set arg1 spawn ssh -l UserA 1.1.1.1 expect "assword:"; send "PasSwOrD\r";... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samoptimus
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a shell script in background and wait using "wait" in while loop

Hi, I am facing a strange issue, when i call a script from my while loop in background it doesnt go in background, despite the wait i put below the whil loop it goes forward even before the process put in background is completed. cat abc.txt | while read -u4 line do #if line contains #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mihirvora16
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make expect exit the UNIX script in erreneous condition

Hi, I am writing a menu driven program using shell script. THe script will be collecting data by logging into the other servers and bringing back the data to home server to process it and accordingly issue commands. TO automate commands execution , I am using expect script. However I am not able... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashima jain
5 Replies

9. Programming

Expect script returning string following a found expect.

I'm fairly new to scripting so this might not be possible. I am using Expect with Cisco switches and need to capture the string after finding the expect request. For example, when I issue "show version" on a Nexus switch, I'm looking to capture the current firmware version: #show version ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: IBGaryA
0 Replies
fwb_pix(1)							 Firewall Builder							fwb_pix(1)

NAME
fwb_ipt - Policy compiler for Cisco PIX SYNOPSIS
fwb_pix -fdata_file.xml [-V] [-dwdir] [-i] [-v] [-xc] [-xt] object_name DESCRIPTION
fwb_pix is firewall policy compiler component of Firewall Builder (see fwbuilder(1)). Compiler reads objects definitions and firewall description from the data file specified with "-f" option and generates resultant Cisco PIX configuration file. The configuration is writ- ten to the file with the name the same as the name of the firewall object, plus extension ".fw". The data file and the name of the firewall objects must be specified on the command line. Other command line parameters are optional. OPTIONS
-f FILE Specify the name of the data file to be processed. -d wdir Specify working directory. Compiler creates file with PIX configuration in this directory. If this parameter is missing, then PIX configuration will be placed in the current working directory. -v Be verbose: compiler prints diagnostic messages when it works. -V Print version number and quit. -i When this option is present, the last argument on the command line is supposed to be firewall object ID rather than its name -xc When output file name is determined automatically (i.e. flags -o or -O are not present), the file name is composed of the cluster name and member firewall name rather than just member firewall name. This is used mostly for testing when the same member firewall object can be a part of different clusters with different configurations. -xt This flag makes compiler treat all fatal errors as warnings and continue processing rules. Generated configuration script most likely will be incorrect but will include error message as a comment; this flag is used for testing and debugging. URL
Firewall Builder home page is located at the following URL: http://www.fwbuilder.org/ BUGS
Please report bugs using bug tracking system on SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=5314&atid=105314 SEE ALSO
fwbuilder(1), fwb_ipf(1), fwb_ipt(1) fwb_pf(1) FWB
fwb_pix(1)