Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script regex help: accept only 3 file extensions Post 302370855 by Scrutinizer on Thursday 12th of November 2009 04:10:43 PM
Old 11-12-2009
Code:
egrep "\.27[06](|\.txt)$"

-or-
Code:
egrep "\.27[06](\.txt){0,1}$"

should do the trick...

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 11-12-2009 at 05:36 PM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

find -regex: matching multiple extensions

I want to use find to locate files with two different extensions, and run a grep on the results. The closest I have gotten is incredibly slow and ugly: for i in `ls -laR|egrep -e '(.js|.css)'`; do find . -name $i -print|xargs grep -H searchBg; done; This method makes my eyes bleed. Help! ;) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: r0sc0
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL PLUS Command 'ACCEPT' is not waiting for user input with sh shell script

Dear All, The sqlplus 'Accept' command is not waiting for user input when I include the command within a shell script. Note: The 'Accept' command is working fine if I execute it in a SQLPLUS Prompt. Please fins the below sample script which i tried. SCRIPT: -------- #!... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: little_wonder
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to accept arguments in shell script when calling in perl

I have a shell script like this: #!/bin/sh $PYTHON MetarDecoder.py < ../data/mtrs/arg1/arg2 And I'm calling it with this in perl: my $output = `./metar_parse.sh --options`; It's successful when I put in actual values for arg1 and arg2 in the shell script, but I'd like to pass arguments... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: civilsurfer
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write a shell script to automatically accept return key with out user intervention?

Hi Friends, i am creating a shell script which is accepting file name as input parameter from Java and invoking finacle service. The service will accpet text file,B2k_session id,etc and upload the text file data in finacle database. My shell script looks like this:- #! /bin/ksh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vadlamudy
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need regex shell script to remove text from file

Hello I am trying to remove a line like <?php /*versio:2.05*/if (!defined('determinator')){ content goes here}?> Now i want to scan all... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: devp
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to accept user input on the fly

I want a shell script that accepts user input simultaneously when performing other tasks. Example: A shell script should echo some messages on the console and when the user presses some keys it should respond to that action. say, when user presses the key A - more information should be printed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add file extensions to files EXCEPT the script that is issuing

Greetings all, On a RedHat System - I am issuing a command from script.sh that will add a file extension to a listing of files in a directory. It works, but I need to script from having an extension added as well. Here is what I have tried to no luck: for file in `ls * | awk ' /\./{print... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffs42885
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Accept data from file or stdin in script

I have a script that looks like this:sed -f myfile.sed $1 > $1.out called myscript and would like to change it so the parameter isn't necessary: ls *.idx | myscript | xargs some_command What do I need to add so it can run either way? TIA ---------- Post updated at 09:41 AM ----------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wbport
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)