Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat #service --status-all : screen flickering Post 302370586 by dplinux on Thursday 12th of November 2009 12:50:32 AM
Old 11-12-2009
#service --status-all : screen flickering

hi there

when i run

Code:
#service --status-all
or 
#service nfs status

the screen flickers

if i ssh from remote system than i dont have flickering on the remote nor that system.

is it something to do with probably display configuration. ?
and which file are the display setting like resolutions set from?

thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Ftp Service /process Status

:confused: Hi Can anyone tell me how to check the FTP process status in linux . eg,I'm ftpping some files from "A" server to "B" server through FTP command , after ftpping these files , I 'm suppose to delete the files which are successfully ftpped from "A" server ,but when I 'm checking the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GaneshB
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

Monitor Service Status

Hey guys how do you determined the status of a certain service if its running or not aside from using ps. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbn
0 Replies

3. Solaris

How can i know service status in solaris8,9?

How can i know service status and its dependencies in solaris 8,9? Thanks in advance.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: younus_syed
2 Replies

4. Ubuntu

laptop - flickering display

i have installed ubuntu 9.0.4 on my laptop and i have a display problem my laptop display flickers from time to time while i am using it and to me it is kind of annoying please reply thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhilinski
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

service exit status

what are the number for the exit status for command service and what does every number mean. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
2 Replies

6. AIX

service status in AIX

good afternoon to all hay i m new in AIX. my problem is that.....plz tell me how to see " service status" in AIX Becoz i run /etc/rc.d/rc.2/Sbesclientd so its show below like this bash-3.2$ sudo /etc/rc.d/rc2.d/SBESClientd status Usage: /etc/rc.d/rc2.d/SBESClientd { start | stop } I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: life008
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding service status on windows from Linux

Hi all, Please advise how do i find services status running on windows machines from Linux. =-===================== Some one developed a script use rsh command to find the status but it stopped working. rsh <Some IIS server Name> service -S < Windows Server name where service running>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashish_uiit
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

script killing a process from service status output

Hello, can some please suggest a script, for killing the process PID. This are steps I am currently performing to kill the process. I cant user service splunk stop, to kill these processes, because of uid and gid mismatch for splunk user. # service splunk status Splunk status: splunkd... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
8 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Rectangle is flickering while dragging on screen with xlib

Hi, this is my first post here. I wanto make a screencasting program. I want to make a screen part selection to grab coordinates of the screen location. I found a nice prototype #include <X11/Xlib.h> //#include <X11/Xresource.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <stdio.h> #include... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: whatnext
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Show service status in dialog

Hello is it possible to show current status of service like cron with dialog ? something that show the output of service crond status in top of menu: dialog --title "Administrator" --menu "Please choose an option:" 20 55 10 \ 1 "Add New USER" \ 2 "List all user" \ 3 "Remove user" \ 4... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimafire
6 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)