Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users AWK sub function curious problem under bash Post 302370526 by Scrutinizer on Wednesday 11th of November 2009 05:55:00 PM
Old 11-11-2009
Regarding function 2, sub is not a function that produces a string that you can print. This will perhaps work better:

Code:
function get-last-page() 
{
awk '/Page/{ f=$NF }; END{ sub(/Page/,"",f); print f}' $1; 
}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in awk int() function

awk -vwgt=$vWeight -vfac=$vFactor ' BEGIN { printf("wgt:" wgt "\n"); printf("factor:" fac "\n"); total = sprintf("%.0f", wgt * fac); total2 = sprintf("%.0f", int(wgt * fac)); printf("total:" total "\n"); printf("total2:" total2 "\n"); } ' if vWeight=326.4 vFactor=100 the result... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qa.bingo
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk , function call problem

#!/bin/bash awk ' function ad(t,r){ return (t+r); } BEGIN{ print ad(5,3); } { print ad(5,3); } ' Doesn't print anything for the last print ad(5,3); (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk problem: How to express the single quote(') by using awk print function

Actually I got a list of file end with *.txt I want to use the same command apply to all the *.txt Thus I try to find out the fastest way to write those same command in a script and then want to let them run automatics. For example: I got the file below: file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Problem in recursive function

Hi, I have a file like this SPF_HC00001|iCalcular_Monto_Minimo|--->|SPF_HC00028|pstcObtener_Monto_Minimo SPF_HC00004|iCalcular_Incrementos|--->|SPF_HC00032|pstcObtener_Num_Incrementos SPF_HC00005|iCalcular_Articulo_167_Reformado|--->|SPF_HC00031|pstcObtener_Por_CB_Inc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kcoder24
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem using function in awk

I created two functions that output two random variables. I want to output them in the output file. But it does not seem to work. # Function rgaussian1(r1, r2) # Gaussian random number generator function rgaussian1(r1, r2) { pi = 3.142 v1 = sqrt( -2 * log(rand()) ) v2... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
18 Replies

6. Solaris

Curious MPxIO problem

Hello folks, I have a newly installed Solaris 10 system running on a T6320 blade. I have set up LDM with the intent to move an ldom from another blade to this one. So far, so good. I had the SAN folks make the LUNs belonging to the ldom visible to my new blade and I can see them, all 4 paths.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ranck
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New problem with awk using bash

Hi! I have a new problem with awk, this time I think is because I'm using it in bash and I don't know how to put the valor of the variable in awk. Here is the code: #!/bin/bash for i in 1 2 3 4 5 do a=$i b=$ awk '$1>=a&&$1<=b {print $1,$2,$3}'>asdf test... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: florpi
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash function problem

I am trying to figure out why I am having a "problem" with some functions in a bash script I am running. The reason for air quoting is that the functions are working, they are just not displaying anything to screen when called from another function. Here's an example: function Create_Input {... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dagamier
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script: problem with a function which use colors

Hello guys :) I've a some issue with a function which use the bash colors in my script. An example : #!/bin/bash set -x log_in(){ host="srv1" remote_files="log/" LOG_FILE="logfile" green='\033]; then color_in_red=("${red}"$2"${none}") echo -e... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arnaudh78
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk call in bash function called with arugments not working, something lost in translation?

Hello, I have this awk code in a bash script to perform a find and replace task. This finds one unique line in a file and substitutes the found line with a replacement. #! /bin/bash # value determined elsewhere total_outputs_p1=100 # file being modified... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
5 Replies
Sendpage::Page(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       Sendpage::Page(3pm)

NAME
Sendpage::Page - encapsulates the data of an actual page SYNOPSIS
This module gets used in sendpage(1). DESCRIPTION
$page=Sendpage::Page->new(@recipients, $text, \%options); $data=$page->dump(); # storable dump of page data if ($page->deliverable()) { for ($page->reset(), $page->next(); $recip=$page->recip(); $page->next()) { $text=$page->text(); # get text of page $page->drop_recip(); # discard current recipient } $page->attempts(1); } $anyone_left=$page->has_recips(); $attempts=$page->attempts(); $page->option('from',"someone else"); # set option named 'from' $from=$page->option('from'); # get option named 'from' $page->option('from',$from,1); # delete option named 'from' BUGS
This needs more docs. AUTHOR
Kees Cook <kees@outflux.net> SEE ALSO
perl(1), sendpage(1), Sendpage::KeesConf(3), Sendpage::KeesLog(3), Sendpage::Modem(3), Sendpage::PagingCentral(3), Sendpage::PageQueue(3), Sendpage::Recipient(3), Sendpage::Queue(3) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2000 Kees Cook. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.0 2008-01-03 Sendpage::Page(3pm)