Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking How can I disable ping replies? Post 302370426 by sysrenan on Wednesday 11th of November 2009 10:17:12 AM
Old 11-11-2009
Debian

you can use:
Code:
iptables -A OUTPUT -p icmp --icmp-type 8 -j DROP

you can also try this (I never used personally):
Code:
echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/icmp_echo_ignore_all

OR do it permanently on sysctl.conf
Code:
vi /etc/sysctl.conf
net.ipv4.icmp_echo_ignore_all = 1

hope this helps

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Diappearing Replies

I have seen some in some threads it shows that are more than 1 replies, but when i open the thread for reading it it shows me only one reply. Where have the other replies gone ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapilv
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

multiple ping replies

Helo ! I set up a new server using FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE. Everything is ok, until I try to connect it to the internet. After I set up the connection I try to ping yahoo.com and I don't get any reply. When I try to ping the gateway I get a lot of replyes for the same packet. It looks similar to this:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sergiu-IT
2 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Not getting email for the replies

Hi Admin, From the past couple of days, I'm not getting any emails for the replies made for my posts... How can this be resolved, I checked my email address and it is correct... could you please help me.. I missing many because of this problem Cheers..Mahendra (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahendramahendr
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to disable Enable/Disable Tab Key

Hi All, I have bash script, so what is sintax script in bash for Enable and Disable Tab Key. Thanks for your help.:( Thanks, Rico (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carnegiex
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

SSL/TLS renegotiation DoS -how to disable? Is it advisable to disable?

Hi all Expertise, I have following issue to solve, SSL / TLS Renegotiation DoS (low) 222.225.12.13 Ease of Exploitation Moderate Port 443/tcp Family Miscellaneous Following is the problem description:------------------ Description The remote service encrypts traffic using TLS / SSL and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Animation Ping on Solaris Like Cisco Ping

Hi, I develop simple animation ping script on Solaris Platform. It is like Cisco ping. Examples and source code are below. bash-3.00$ gokcell 152.155.180.8 30 Sending 30 Ping Packets to 152.155.180.8 !!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. % 93.33 success... % 6.66 packet loss...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gokcell
1 Replies

7. Solaris

How to disable ping?

Hello Guys, how do you disable ping in solaris 10? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cjashu
1 Replies

8. Programming

Ping test sends mail when ping fails

help with bash script! im am working on this script to make sure my server will stay online, so i made this script.. HOSTS="192.168.138.155" COUNT=4 pingtest(){ for myhost in "$@" do ping -c "$COUNT" "$myhost" &&return 1 done return 0 } if pingtest $HOSTS #100% failed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mort3924
4 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)