Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Initializing multiple variables in one statement Post 302370335 by paku on Wednesday 11th of November 2009 05:47:52 AM
Old 11-11-2009
Thanks for the reply.
It's ksh
The solution works.
Well what if the value that i need to assign to these 5 variables is a string let's say "hello" ?
How am i supposed to do it?
If i use "let" then it gives me message as "bad number"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I put wildcards in an if statement that uses variables?

With the if statement: if How can I make it so it accepts a wildcard after the ${CURR_DAY_MONTH} variable? Putting a -f /webtrends/SUN/mrw2/access.${CURR_DAY_DAY}${CURR_DAY_MONTH}* won't work, right? I think I need some kind of special character so it knows the wildcard is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

echoing two variables in one statement

I have the following -------------------- foreach var (STO SNY WKF) set ta = 5 end --------- How can I echo both variables at the same time. Something to the effect of echo ${$var}ta But this doesn't work. Seems like it would. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wxornot
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variables within a sed statement

I am just wondering if it's possible to refer to variables within a sed statement as follows:- cat $file | sed -e 1's/$oldtext/$newtext/' > $file as when I run the script, the variables are not recognised and nothing happens..?? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sirtrancealot
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

using variables in case statement

is it possible to call a variable in a case statement, for example lsmonth=Jan|Feb l |while read ans do mymonth=`echo $ans |awk '{print $6}'` case $mymonth in $lsmonth) echo do something ;; *) echo do something else ;; esac done I want to use $lsmonth... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gefa
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

variables in awk statement

Hi, i can print 2nd, 4th and 6th columns in a file using the shell command: awk -F "|" '{print $2 $4 $6}' file1.txt Now, the position and number of columns can be variable and from a variable POSLIST So let's say POSLIST='$2 $4 $6' when i use the command: a) awk -F "|" '{print... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysrini
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing variables in an if statement

#!/bin/bash #timetest TIMENOW="$(date)" T1=12:00:00 echo $TIMENOW >timenow cat timenow |cut -f4 -d' ' >time1 T2=$(sed -n "${1}p" time1) echo "T1 = " $T1 echo "T2 = " $T2 if then echo $T1 else echo $T2 fi I thought scripting was simple! So why does this script result in: T1 =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: habuchas
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a script with multiple variables like 25 variables.

Hi All, i have a requirement where i have to run a script with at least 25 arguements and position of arguements can also change. the unapropriate way is like below. can we achieve this in more good and precise way?? #!/bin/ksh ##script is sample.ksh age=$1 gender=$2 class=$3 . . .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lakshman_Gupta
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading multiple values from multiple lines and columns and setting them to unique variables.

Hello, I would like to ask for help with csh script. An example of an input in .txt file is below, the number of lines varies from file to file and I have 2 or 3 columns with values. I would like to read all the values (probably one by one) and set them to independent unique variables that... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: FMMOLA
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning multiple column's value from Oracle query to multiple variables in UNIX

Hi All, I need to read values of 10 columns from oracle query and assign the same to 10 unix variables. The query will return only one record(row). I tried to append all these columns using a delimiter(;) in the select query and assign the same to a single variable(V) in unix. I thought I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkrishnan91
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to apply the update statement in multiple servers on multiple dbs at a time .?

Hi , Can any please help the below requirement on all multiple servers and multiple dbs. update configuration set value='yes' ;1) the above statement apply on 31 Databases at a time on different Ip address eg : 10.104.1.12 (unix ip address ) the above ip box contains 4 db's eg : db... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkat918
2 Replies
Template::Stash(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Template::Stash(3)

NAME
Template::Stash - Magical storage for template variables SYNOPSIS
use Template::Stash; my $stash = Template::Stash->new(\%vars); # get variable values $value = $stash->get($variable); $value = $stash->get(@compound); # set variable value $stash->set($variable, $value); $stash->set(@compound, $value); # default variable value $stash->set($variable, $value, 1); $stash->set(@compound, $value, 1); # set variable values en masse $stash->update(\%new_vars) # methods for (de-)localising variables $stash = $stash->clone(\%new_vars); $stash = $stash->declone(); DESCRIPTION
The "Template::Stash" module defines an object class which is used to store variable values for the runtime use of the template processor. Variable values are stored internally in a hash reference (which itself is blessed to create the object) and are accessible via the get() and set() methods. Variables may reference hash arrays, lists, subroutines and objects as well as simple values. The stash automatically performs the right magic when dealing with variables, calling code or object methods, indexing into lists, hashes, etc. The stash has clone() and declone() methods which are used by the template processor to make temporary copies of the stash for localising changes made to variables. PUBLIC METHODS
new(\%params) The "new()" constructor method creates and returns a reference to a new "Template::Stash" object. my $stash = Template::Stash->new(); A hash reference may be passed to provide variables and values which should be used to initialise the stash. my $stash = Template::Stash->new({ var1 => 'value1', var2 => 'value2' }); get($variable) The "get()" method retrieves the variable named by the first parameter. $value = $stash->get('var1'); Dotted compound variables can be retrieved by specifying the variable elements by reference to a list. Each node in the variable occupies two entries in the list. The first gives the name of the variable element, the second is a reference to a list of arguments for that element, or 0 if none. [% foo.bar(10).baz(20) %] $stash->get([ 'foo', 0, 'bar', [ 10 ], 'baz', [ 20 ] ]); set($variable, $value, $default) The "set()" method sets the variable name in the first parameter to the value specified in the second. $stash->set('var1', 'value1'); If the third parameter evaluates to a true value, the variable is set only if it did not have a true value before. $stash->set('var2', 'default_value', 1); Dotted compound variables may be specified as per get() above. [% foo.bar = 30 %] $stash->set([ 'foo', 0, 'bar', 0 ], 30); The magical variable '"IMPORT"' can be specified whose corresponding value should be a hash reference. The contents of the hash array are copied (i.e. imported) into the current namespace. # foo.bar = baz, foo.wiz = waz $stash->set('foo', { 'bar' => 'baz', 'wiz' => 'waz' }); # import 'foo' into main namespace: bar = baz, wiz = waz $stash->set('IMPORT', $stash->get('foo')); clone(\%params) The "clone()" method creates and returns a new "Template::Stash" object which represents a localised copy of the parent stash. Variables can be freely updated in the cloned stash and when declone() is called, the original stash is returned with all its members intact and in the same state as they were before "clone()" was called. For convenience, a hash of parameters may be passed into "clone()" which is used to update any simple variable (i.e. those that don't contain any namespace elements like "foo" and "bar" but not "foo.bar") variables while cloning the stash. For adding and updating complex variables, the set() method should be used after calling "clone()." This will correctly resolve and/or create any necessary namespace hashes. A cloned stash maintains a reference to the stash that it was copied from in its "_PARENT" member. declone() The "declone()" method returns the "_PARENT" reference and can be used to restore the state of a stash as described above. AUTHOR
Andy Wardley <abw@wardley.org> <http://wardley.org/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1996-2007 Andy Wardley. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
Template, Template::Context perl v5.12.1 2009-05-20 Template::Stash(3)