Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Root filesystem filling up!
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Root filesystem filling up! Post 302369770 by jim mcnamara on Monday 9th of November 2009 01:47:20 PM
Old 11-09-2009
Do you have logfiles on the root filesystem? Try running find looking for large files
that were recently modified

Code:
find / -mtime+3 -type f -size +10000 -exec ls -l {} \;

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mounted Root Filesystem

In my Solaris 10 based server, I have noticed the following mounts when a use DF -K /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 5062414 3213876 1797914 65% / / 5062414 3213876 1797914 65% /net/se420 I understand the first mount because it appears in my vfstab file and is the mount of root that I would expect.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Filesystem filling up and no clue as to why!

df shows that the filesystem is filling up and the usage is 94%. However when I actually traverse to the directory I du shows only about 10% of the space occupied! Below is the output of df and du: >>>df -kh /cbmdata/00 470M 393M 29M 94% /cbmdata/00 >>>/cbmdata/00>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zombiezparadize
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

diff command filling /var filesystem space

Hi, I am using diff command to check difference between two files.Both files are very big and when i execute this command /var temp space is filled up almost 99%. Can any one please tell me is there any way i can specify directory name which has more space so that diff can use that dir for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ukatru
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Root Filesystem

Hi, Can we install root file system on other than 0th slice???? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tirupathiraju_t
5 Replies

5. AIX

how to find whats filling up Root Directory

Hi guys I am running AIX 5.3 and a newbie to it. And I am getting reports telling me that the Root Directory is reaching almost max capacity, can someone give m some advice to find out what files are causing it to grow? , or how I can identify the growing files? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryanbsc@gmail.c
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Resizing the Root Filesystem

Is it possible to increase the root filesystem size without reboot ?? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Root partition filling up

I have a T1000 Sparc server that has a relatively small root partition which is 24Gb and a larger partition dedicated to /export/home that is approximately 100 Gb. We have a lot of data going to /var/audit and to /var/core/corefiles. Is there any non-destructive way to redirect files from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: goose25
4 Replies

8. Linux

root filesystem goes readonly

I see this when tried to create a dir using root fstab entries are pretty normal tried to remount with rw but it is still the same block device /dev/sda2 is write-protected ---------- Post updated at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:51 PM ---------- fstab entry ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: robo
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Cannot tell what is filling up root (/) partition on Sol10

I can see that my root partition is down to single-digit GB free out of 134GB root partition on a larger server with many SAN, NFS, LOFS mounts etc mounted at the root (/) partition. How can I specifically tell which directories is causing the most utilization in my root (/) partition? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckmehta
3 Replies
File::Find::Rule::Procedural(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			 File::Find::Rule::Procedural(3pm)

NAME
File::Find::Rule::Procedural - File::Find::Rule's procedural interface SYNOPSIS
use File::Find::Rule; # find all .pm files, procedurally my @files = find(file => name => '*.pm', in => @INC); DESCRIPTION
In addition to the regular object-oriented interface, File::Find::Rule provides two subroutines for you to use. "find( @clauses )" "rule( @clauses )" "find" and "rule" can be used to invoke any methods available to the OO version. "rule" is a synonym for "find" Passing more than one value to a clause is done with an anonymous array: my $finder = find( name => [ '*.mp3', '*.ogg' ] ); "find" and "rule" both return a File::Find::Rule instance, unless one of the arguments is "in", in which case it returns a list of things that match the rule. my @files = find( name => [ '*.mp3', '*.ogg' ], in => $ENV{HOME} ); Please note that "in" will be the last clause evaluated, and so this code will search for mp3s regardless of size. my @files = find( name => '*.mp3', in => $ENV{HOME}, size => '<2k' ); ^ | Clause processing stopped here ------/ It is also possible to invert a single rule by prefixing it with "!" like so: # large files that aren't videos my @files = find( file => '!name' => [ '*.avi', '*.mov' ], size => '>20M', in => $ENV{HOME} ); AUTHOR
Richard Clamp <richardc@unixbeard.net> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003 Richard Clamp. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
File::Find::Rule perl v5.12.4 2011-09-19 File::Find::Rule::Procedural(3pm)