Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Veritas WebLogic Server log files Post 302369690 by TonyFullerMalv on Monday 9th of November 2009 09:36:00 AM
Old 11-09-2009
I suggest you use logrotate(8) and get to do a copytruncate of the log file when rolling it, this overcomes the fact that WebLogic has the inode for the log file permanently open. Logrotate can be optained ready compiled and packaged from Sunfreeware - Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) for Sun Microsystem's Solaris. Also it would be better to put the log files into /var/log so that if the server is rebooted you do not lose the log files and filling up /tmp (and therefore swap) as you will understand has a rather detrimental affect upion Solaris!

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to check weblogic server status in Unix machine

Hi All,Could anybody help in suggesting how to check the weblogic server status in a Unix machine? ps -ef |grep "startWeblogic.sh" The above command would give the running status but can anyone throw some light how to check if it is in hung/down state. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RSC1985
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

difference weblogic server/webserver/app server

Hi All, I am getting confused with the terms below. All I know is an application can be installed on a server. But I see the following terms used in a company. All of them are installed on same Unix box. Could you please help me out in layman terms as to what these exactly means. (PS: I don't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tostay2003
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Problem in deployment in weblogic server in solaris

I am getting following error during deployment in solaris. when i deploy same war in other machine (non-solaris) it works fine. the stacktrace is < ExecuteThread: '0' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <<WLS Kernel>> <> <> <1277738498407> <BEA-149205> <Failed to initialize the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: paradesi143
0 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Exception in Weblogic Application server

Hi, I have a application running on weblogic server. i am getting these errors in logs very frequently. Could you please suggest any solution for this. -02-09 10:02:32,346 ERROR psn.properties.RemotePropertiesCache - Error occurred while attempting to retrieve property: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddheshk
0 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Version of Weblogic server

Hi All, How to find the version of the weblogic server configured? Our server is a Linux based server. Regards Dhivya (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dhivya.enjoy
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i get the state of weblogic server

Hi, all Now i want write a shell to get the state of weblogic server,and when the Managed Server's state is not ok, after 3 times checking, i will send msg to the system administrator by sms. BTW, my environment is : Linux ,Redhat 5.4 64bit weblogic version: 10.3.3 the count number... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wangsk
1 Replies
nislog(1M)                                                System Administration Commands                                                nislog(1M)

NAME
nislog - display the contents of the NIS+ transaction log SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/nislog [-h num | -t num] [-v] [directory...] DESCRIPTION
nislog displays the contents of the NIS+ server transaction log on the standard output. This command can be used to track changes in the namespace. The /var/nis/trans.log file contains the transaction log maintained by the NIS+ server. When updates occur, they are logged to this file and then propagated to replicas as log transactions. When the log is checkpointed, updates that have been propagated to the replicas are removed. The nislog command can only be run on an NIS+ server by superuser. It displays the log entries for that server only. If directory is not specified, the entire log is searched. Otherwise, only those logs entries that correspond to the specified directories are displayed. OPTIONS
-h num Display num transactions from the ``head'' of the log. If the numeric parameter is 0, only the log header is displayed. -t num Display num transactions from the ``tail'' of the log. If the numeric parameter is 0, only the log header is displayed. -v Verbose mode. FILES
/var/nis/trans.log transaction log ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnisu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
nis+(1), rpc.nisd(1M), nisfiles(4), attributes(5) NOTES
NIS+ might not be supported in future releases of the SolarisTM Operating Environment. Tools to aid the migration from NIS+ to LDAP are available in the Solaris 9 operating environment. For more information, visit http://www.sun.com/directory/nisplus/transition.html. SunOS 5.10 12 Dec 2001 nislog(1M)